An Open Letter To All Tebow Fans

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by abyzmul, Mar 27, 2012.

1. PolygamyWinsChampionships

PolygamyWinsChampionships Well-Known Member

2. #1 Jets Fan

#1 Jets Fan Guest

I'm wondering which one of these Tebow nuts is his lover? They say he a virgin but when u hear that u assume there talking about him being with a woman. Maybe someone should ask him is a virgin with men also.

3. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

TEAM --- (as a fan I'm now a small part of the team, this is only my 2nd post btw)

Relevant Stats should cover all of the 'team items' that led to the stats? Yes or No?

Items:

1. Not getting the off season or the preseason 1st Team practice time as a rookie, plus a Lock-Out
    off season between the 3 cold off the bench 1st year starts and the 2nd season.

2. Having the #1 and #2 2010 WR traded away before being thrown in cold off the bench for a 1-4 team?

3. Having the 1st Rnd and best receiving RB being already injured out for the 2011 season.

4. Not having a TE that anyone can name, much less having both the Gronk & Hernandez to throw to?

5. Having a HBC/OC with game plans and game day play calling that their own home game fans booed.

6. IF his receivers had caught just one more pass out of each 10 that were thrown to them, Tim's completion %
    would have been 57% instead of 47%. I constantly watched the young receivers drop balls that hit them in
    both hands, one starting receiver had 3 drops in just one game. (But Tim stayed positive through it all)

7. Having a 14.3 Yards per Completion, instead of a dink&dunk 4.3 yds/comp.

>>> Having a E-VP, HBC, OC, that WANT YOU TO FAIL, (going by their actions, not their 'Fair Competition' lies)
    so that they can unload you for Peyton? (jmoho of course)

Tebow's completion % couldn't have been affected by any of the above items, it must be that he can't throw a football. :rofl2:

Nothing that any player did before joining the No Fun League means a thing, and that's why they have a way
    over-hyped draft, instead of just taking turns drawing names out of a hat each year.
    Just like Tebow, what Luck or RG-III did in college MEANS NOTHING! Right? :metal:

However:
    ~ Tebow won a Florida HS State Championship and set All Time Florida HS Passing Records.
    He was then elected to the Florida HS All Century Team.

~ Tebow helped win 2 BCS-NC.
    ~ He also won both the Athletic and the Academic Heisman Trophies. (see Campbell Trophy)
    He was the first Soph in NCAA History to ever be awarded the Heisman.
    He did that by becoming the ONLY player
    in NCAA history to break the Season 20/20 TD Barrier, (32P + 23R). No other D-1 Player was ever had just 20P and 20R TD's in a season.

His Sr Class at UF set the SEC's All Time W/L Record going 48-7, and did that while playing against 40 Bowl Teams
    in the conference that's won the last 6 consecutive BCS-NC's, by 4 different teams.
    That's also the conference (SEC) that sends the most players to the NFL every year.

While Tebow certainly can't walk on water, he's also not a no talent chump,,, like some posting here would like to believe.

Tebow, with next to NO SUPPORT, still went 9-7 in 2 season while coming in cold off the bench,
    for a crappy 4-14 TEAM.
    Makes me wonder how he'd do if he played for a Championship Quality TEAM with the Total Support of the FO
    and with a competent coaching staff???

All teams have, and have ALWAYS had, favorite players. Why should Tim Tebow be any different.
    I don't support players dancing and chest thumping themselves, but I also don't whine about it either.
    Same goes for any player choosing to take a knee instead. I see both as mostly a waste of time on a football field. :eek:fftopic:

The BS is Media-Moron Circus, generated for their OWN money making purposes.

And I don't care, nor do I advocate Tim being the 2012 Jets starter, as long as he's given a 'FAIR' chance to play
    and compete with his current TEAM.

PS

Let's just see EXACTLY HOW FOOTBALL KNOWLEDGABLE these Tebow Haters (or the oh-so-knowledgeable regular Jet fans)
    truly are. You must know everything, because Tebow is now a JET player and so he's a member of the Jet's TEAM.

List all of Tim Tebow's Passing Records, acquired while being restricted by the above ITEMS.
    Both his NFL Records, and his Bronco Team Records, including Playoff Records.
    You can also throw in his NFL and Bronco Team Rushing Records for extra credit.
    That's a DIRECT CHALLENGE,,, just in case you failed to notice.... :)

4. Slap

Slap New Member

Having dealt with Tebow fans both as a Bronco fan and on this board, I can tell you this is a classic example of the clueless Tebowite variety. Nothing is EVER Tim's fault and he is constantly the victim of persecution and outright conspiracy. Guys like this are the reason why a sub-forum was such a good idea on this board.

Point by delusional point.

1. Not getting the off season or the preseason 1st Team practice time as a rookie, plus a Lock-Out
    off season between the 3 cold off the bench 1st year starts and the 2nd season.

Tim did get some pre-season reps with the first team. His inability to hit the broadside of a barn dropped him to third string in training camp. Football works like this, the players who perform the best in practice get elevated to first team. The last player the Broncos had who expected to vault the depth chart based on rep and name recognition over performance was a guy named Maurice Clarett.

2. Having the #1 and #2 2010 WR traded away before being thrown in cold off the bench for a 1-4 team?

Gaffney was dealt in the off season because the Broncos had young receivers they wanted to get on the field. It was a good idea because Demaryius Thomas and Eric Decker are both better players moving forward and they proved it last season. Brandon Lloyd became unmanageable once Tebow was named starter. As an impending free agent, he felt his market value would be hampered by the bad ball drill that is Tebow's approach to the passing game. The Broncos sent him packing to be with his mentor McDaniels in St Louis. Good riddance to that unpredictable sonofabitch.

3. Having the 1st Rnd and best receiving RB being already injured out for the 2011 season.

Knowshon Moreno is a pussy. He was drafted in the first round for the same reason Tim Tebow was drafted in the first round. Because little Josh McDaniels was in completely over his head and had no idea what he was doing in running a football team.

4. Not having a TE that anyone can name, much less having both the Gronk & Hernandez to throw to?

WTF? This is delusional even for a Tebowite. Guess what? Only one quarterback in the league gets to throw to Gronk and Hernandez and it won't be any of the quarterbacks on the Jets next season.

5. Having a HBC/OC with game plans and game day play calling that their own home game fans booed.

Yeah, those were the first fans in league history to ever boo an underperforming team or a bad game plan. Good thing that will never happen in New York.

6. IF his receivers had caught just one more pass out of each 10 that were thrown to them, Tim's completion %
    would have been 57% instead of 47%. I constantly watched the young receivers drop balls that hit them in
    both hands, one starting receiver had 3 drops in just one game. (But Tim stayed positive through it all)

Unfortunately, just as the Broncos didn't have Gronk and Hernandez @ TE, they didn't have Rice and Largent @ WR, either.

Poor Tim. No quarterback in league history has ever had to deal with dropped passes before. You do understand the people on this board spent almost two seasons watching Braylon Edwards, right?

Of course you don't. You don't know shit about the Jets, except who you're going to point your finger at this year anytime Tebow doesn't get the job done.

7. Having a 14.3 Yards per Completion, instead of a dink&dunk 4.3 yds/comp.

Nice try, Tebowite. Quarterbacks are not judged by their yards per completion, they're judged by their yards per attempt. Sucks for you and your transparent agenda, I know, but it's true. Tebow's career YPA is a rather weak 6.6. Coincidentally, the same career number posted by Kyle Orton. Other NFL luminaries with that rate include JP Losman, Byron Leftwich and Rex Grossman. Nice company.

>>> Having a E-VP, HBC, OC, that WANT YOU TO FAIL, (going by their actions, not their 'Fair Competition' lies)
    so that they can unload you for Peyton? (jmoho of course)

Here we go. Get used to this kind of rhetoric Jet fans. The individuals being accused here have appeared in seven Super Bowls between them, so clearly they're in the business of sabotaging their teams. I guess they wanted Tim to fail so badly they changed the offense to accommodate his skills and hide his limitations. They also kept him on the field after his hideous performance against Detroit.

BTW, the only liar in this equation was the guy who snubbed his hometown fans in Jacksonville so he could come to New York.

Also, nobody knew Indy was going to release Peyton Manning in the middle of last season so this grand conspiracy against Tebow is utterly absurd. When are the Tebowites going to grow a collective dick and get over this pack of bullshit?

Tebow's completion % couldn't have been affected by any of the above items, it must be that he can't throw a football.

Tebow's completion percentage is affected by the fact that he's a terribly inaccurate passer. I have never seen any Bronco quarterback miss open receivers as badly and consistently as Tebow. You generally have to watch a high school game to see a quarterback miss his receivers by ten feet or more multiple times in a game.

Good luck fitting in with real Jets fans, sycophant. Most of them can see right through your bullshit and that's why you and your brethren were banished to the children's table.

#264 Slap, Mar 31, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2012
  5. catsigater

catsigater New Member

As usual we get cluelessness on both extremes of the "debate."

Some of what slap says has merit, but IMO his disdain for "Tebowites" infects his ability to objectively answer what he finds objectionable.

Tim's "preseason first team reps" came on the day Orton was excused for a day for personal reasons. He split those reps with Quinn. So saying "he got some first team reps" while factually correct might lead folks to think he got more than a half-days worth while Orton was off the field.

(If I'm in error on this, feel free to correct me, but the fact remains, Tebow's first team reps were negligible.)

Does this mean there was a conspiracy to keep Tebow from getting 1st team reps. No. However, not getting first team reps does mean that when Tebow was eventually given the nod, he was at a disadvantage for a week or so.

Then again, that's pretty much how it works for any backup who is thrust into the starting role. Is it unfair? No. Does it put the team and the QB at at disadvantage for a period of time? Certainly.

(And please don't take this as an argument that Tebow deserved those reps if he wasn't performing in practice, he didn't.)

The comment insinuating that Tebow "expected to vault the depth chart" is also disingenuous. Tebow didn't expect to vault over anyone. He did have a reasonable expectation that he'd be the starter going into camp, because the Broncos were actively seeking to trade Orton and were making noise that Tebow was going to be next one up. Didn't work out, and he was disappointed. Didn't stop him from competing to the best of his abilities, though.

None of the above contradicts the fact that Tebow's #1 and #2 2010 WR traded away before he was thrown in cold off the bench for a 1-4 team, does it?

More sound and fury, signifying nothing from an obvious Tebow hater, who apparently is just as obsessed with his "hater-ed" of Tebow as the "Tebowites" whom he apparently followed over to vent upon. (Join date, March 2012.)

Again, this doesn't contradict the facts.

I'm not a Knowshon fan by any means, but the FACT remains, he was indeed the best receiving RB on the team in 2010. 37 rec 372 yds 10.1 ypc. 3 tds.

Not a fan of McDaniels, either, and certainly can't argue that Tebow wasn't drafted before he should've been. I guess that's his fault.

Slap continues on in the same vein, engaging in tiresome rants against "Tebowites" while never contradicting any of the factual claims, then ends with...

I agree there was indeed a need to sequester most Tebow discussions to this forum. Both to "banish" the Tebowites, and to spare real Jets fans from the kind of garbage spewed by folks who are just as mindless in their obsessive hatred of Tebow as the fan boys they've followed over here.

Are any of my above points to be taken as saying "Tebow can do no wrong?"

Of course not. They are merely illustrations that Tebow had some challenges to overcome which makes the Broncos record last year fairly unexpected. NO ONE (except perhaps the Tebowites) expected the Broncos to even sniff the playoffs after their 1 and 4 start.

Yet they did, and one reason they did was Tebow. He certainly was not the only reason, maybe not even the overriding reason, but a reason nonetheless.

Anyone who thinks otherwise is, well, "delusional."

#265 catsigater, Apr 1, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2012
  6. Slap

Slap New Member

Actually, I rooted hard for Tebow when he was the Broncos quarterback. I flew into Denver for the playoff game against Pittsburgh when many fans (and the bookmakers who installed Denver as a 7.5 point home underdog) were sure the Broncos would get flattened. Possibly the most exciting sporting event I ever attended in person. I would have continued rooting for Tebow as long as he was a Bronco.

I would have also rooted hard for Gronk and Hernandez and these mythical wide receivers who never drop passes, too.

I place Tim's fans into three groups.

Tebow fans. Those who follow his career religiously and will do so no matter where he plays. I can relate to these people on some level. I rooted for Andre Dawson no matter where he played. Even when he went to the goddamn Red Sox.

Tebowites. The bulk of his fan base. These people spin everything to make excuses for their hero. They will assign malign intentions to anybody who doesn't put Tebow's needs first regardless of whether it was done for the good of the team as a whole. Such as dealing away a marginal 30 year old WR like Gaffney to clear PT for promising younger players like DThomas and Decker. Or removing a bad attitude like Lloyd before he could completely poison the well for everybody.

Outright Tetards. Pretty self explanatory. These are the conspiracy theorists who enjoy feeling persecuted and love putting their boy up on the cross at every opportunity. The lamebrains who think John Elway and John Fox wanted to fail mainly to look Tebow look bad. Screw these people.

I would classify you as a Tebowite with Tetard tendencies.

7. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Of course you would. As I pointed out, you've not demonstrated a capacity for objectivity.

That's evidenced by saying I've blamed anyone for not putting Tebow's needs first. Never did any such thing. Nor did I ascribe malign intentions to the moves.

I merely pointed out that those moves had an effect on Tebow. Doesn't mean they weren't the best for the team, just that, at least in the short run, they probably had a negative impact. If you want to argue that trading away two receivers and a running back who accounted for the bulk of the receptions the previous year in order to develop two promising talents was a good move, I'm on board. But it's also pretty evident that there were some growing pains. That includes Tebow.

That they managed to do what they did in the face of that situation is a credit to all the players involved.

You've still been unable to dispute the facts of what happened. Instead you indulge in nursery-school name calling to cover for you inability to make an argument.

If you can demonstrate I've maligned any of the Broncos decisions, or indulged in conspiracies, have at it. But you won't be able to. Instead you'll continue to feed your own particular delusions. You'd rather malign Tebow ("He expected to vault over the depth chart") and attribute things to folks like me ("lamebrains who think John Elway and John Fox wanted to fail mainly to look Tebow look bad"), with zero evidence I believe any of it.

Have fun with that. I'm really not interested in what happened last year, but I do still occasionally feel the need to expose rabid "anti-fan boys" for what they are.

Hopefully, I'll get over that soon.

#267 catsigater, Apr 1, 2012
  8. RevisOfNazareth

RevisOfNazareth New Member

So yeah..we're cool with having Tebow..but what's not cool are about 95% of these Teblow fans. I still hope we're using him for trade bait, and fast.

Great thread.

9. Slap

Slap New Member

You'll get over it because you'll find a new cast of villains in green to criticize when things don't go the way you like them this year.

Actually Tebow did expect to vault up the depth chart. Thus the following comment: "My dream, since I was a young boy, of being a starting quarterback in the NFL seemed to be coming true, then, I felt like it was grabbed back away. . . ."

This was what Tim had to say when Orton's attempted trade to Miami fell apart, mainly because Orton did what he could to scuttle the deal. Just another in the long line of players and coaches who have no desire to play for the Dolphins.

The Broncos did everything possible to clear the way for Tebow in training camp last year, but it didn't work out. Instead, the Tetards decided to cast Elway and Fox as evil schemers who didn't give Tim the proper support.

Such a sense of entitlement from both the player and his fans.

By the way, Tebow was able to vault Quinn on the depth chart without either player attempting a pass in an NFL game last year. More evidence of the Broncos front office wanting Tim to fail I guess.

10. catsigater

catsigater New Member

Just shows how unable you are to think rationally. Tebow wasn't expecting to vault over Orton. Everyone, including Elway, Fox, et al. was expecting Orton to be gone and Tebow to be the #1 going into training camp. It didn't work out. That's the way it goes sometimes.

And you've yet to demonstrate where I've villainized anyone.

If you have to continue to deny and dissemble to make your silly points, there's really no reason to keep this up.

Sorry for contributing to the train wreck. Like I said, I'm not here to rehash the past, even though I fell into it over the last couple of posts.

My hope is Tebow's play on the field will contribute to the team's success and win longtime Jets fans over, and that these kinds of threads will become less and less common. Going forward, I'll try to refrain for however long I'm here.

#270 catsigater, Apr 1, 2012
  11. NY Dork

NY Dork New Member

Those who have followed Tebow know they don't have to defend this guy.
    Just let him play. He always finds a way to win. He now has a FO that believes he can help the team. The proofs in the pudding....not on bulletin boards.

12. GoldenShowers

GoldenShowers Well-Known Member

Of course a jorts wearing Tebow fan would screw up the "proof is in the putting" line.

Let me ask you Tebow fans this: will you be causing a stir if Tebow is not starting but the Jets are winning? In other words, what is the end game here?

Also I feel all March 2012ers should have to identify as "Jesus freak" or "napolean complex gator fan".

One more point: Matt Leinart was as dynamic a player in college (won two titles a Heisman AND went undefeated which Timmy never did) but we don't see USC fans create a stir demanding he be respected and start games. Why is that? (this applies to a multitude of players from non-Gator non-Jesus backgrounds)

#272 GoldenShowers, Apr 1, 2012
  13. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

For the millionth time (sigh) the only time there was chanting for Tebow in Denver was after Orton went on a 6-22 losing bender.

The billboard was a publicity stunt paid for by a marketing company.

Tebow fans will not be doing anything, jets fans might if they start losing a lot (like any other fan base). Tebow haters on the other hand can cause infinitely more damage and disruption.

So the Tebow fans pressuring the team is an ESPN myth that you have obviously fallen for.

Some of you keep beating the "Jesus freak" drum, I have yet to ever see a Jesus freak Tebow fan (ever), post on a message board (in 2 years of tebow being in the NFL, other than trolls pretending to be tebow fans, see previous comment on haters ). So I imagine the Tebow fan Jesus freak is a casual fan that could care less about football much less ever coming online to talk about it . I would like to point out that the only religious post I have ever seen since Tebow came into the NFL on a message board have been anti religious post , posted by the haters (see my previous comment on haters causing trouble). Just see this sub forum as an example.

Tebow haters , such as yourself, cause an infinite more amount of trouble because they become twice as obsessed with hating tebow as fans that like him. They bring their anti religious bigoted and intolerant mind set to the message boards not the other way around (which is ironic since haters are as intolerant as the Christians they profess to hate for their intolerance...).

I can prove it just in this sub forum.

#273 CowboysFan, Apr 1, 2012
  14. bobby2times

bobby2times Member

You can honestly plug in Sanchez fans with this same argument so there isnt much difference.

15. instaGATOR

instaGATOR Banned

Notice that I didin't come here touting Tebow, I've just defended him from the clueless haters liked the guy
    that really needs to get SLAPPED. ;)

2011 Acutal Preseaon Game FACTS:
    69 PER B. Quinn -- 104 PER K. Orton -- Can't hit the broad side of the barn Tebow 108 PER + 5.4 ypc

Reality: WR Brandon Lloyd was the donkeys ONLY Pro-Bowler on the 2010 offense.
    WR Jabar Gaffney became the Skins #1 2011 WR, after being behind only Lloyd in 2010.
    Thus making room for 3 drops in 1 game new-guy Decker.
    Or 'drop the game winner' D.Thomas.

Donkey fans whine about McD, blame every loser thing on McD, Moreno, Tebow, but NEVER justify their
    4-14 record under the genius brain trust of El' Dim-Way, Fired-Fox, unreal McCoy, or their very own X-dummy.
    Those brainiacs went 1-4 with their own 'Best Chance to Win' 104 PER QB Orton running their entire package
    with Pro-Bowl Lloyd still supposedly happy and on the team.

Orton 4-14 the El' Dim-Way / Fired-Fox 'Best Chance to Win'
    Tebow 'who doesn't get the job done' 1-2 + 7-4 + 1-1 = 9-7, yet another genius slappy eval I see.

Brainiac Slappy - "Tebow's career YPA is a rather weak 6.6."
    HoF Elway's 1st Season in 1983:
    Passing 123 of 259, >>47.5%<< for 1,663 yds, >>6.4 yds/att,<<
    13.5 yds/comp, 7 TD's to 14 Ints, (.5 to 1) <<<<< (see below for more)

Ole Wacky Slappy - "Tebow's completion percentage is affected by the fact that he's a terribly inaccurate passer.
    I have never seen any Bronco quarterback miss open receivers as badly and consistently as Tebow. You generally
    have to watch a high school game to see a quarterback miss his receivers by ten feet or more multiple times in a game."

Must mean that you weren't around for Saint John El' Dim-Ways first season as a donkey with blinders on?
    Typical ignorant Tebow hater for ya, donkey chips for brains, one and all.....:metal:
    ===============

Haters and the ignorant call them 'USELESS STATS'
    Instead of just the FACTUAL, ACTUAL ON THE FIELD, GAME STATS!
    El' Dim-Way was GREAT, and Tebow sucks.
    However, they have only a single stat (pass comp %) to back up my genius evaluations of NFL QB abilities.
    (but please don't refer to El' Dim-Way's rookie stats)

'Some' have called El' Dim-Way the greatest QB in NFL History.
    So, what does it take to be considered the 'Greatest QB' now days?

Elway's Career PER = 79.9
    Tebow's Career PER = 75.1 (A raw rookie with only jack-chit for support)
    (IMOHO, that's not much of a difference between a HoF'er and a raw unsupported 16 start rookie)

Elway's Career TD/Int Ratio = 300 to 226 for a 1.3 to 1 Ratio
    Tebow's Career TD/Int Ratio = 17 to 9 for a 1.9 to 1 Ratio
    (who takes care of the ball better,,, how about the POOR 'decision' making?)

Tebow holds the NFL QB Record for come-back wins in their first 16 NFL starts.
    Elway's 'The Drive' was already being over-shadowed by Tim's many 'Drives.'

Elway's 1st Season in 1983:
    Passing 123 of 259, >>47.5%<< for 1,663 yds, 6.4 yds/att, 13.5 yds/comp, 7 TD's to 14 Ints, (.5 to 1) <<

Passing 167 of 353, 47.3% for 2,383 yds, 6.8 yds/att, 14.3 yds/comp, 17 TD's to 9 Ints (1.9 to 1) <<
    Tebow's 1st Two (16 split-season starts) in 2010/11:

Elway 1st 2 Seasons Rushing: 84 for 383 yds, 4.6 ypc, 2 TD's
    Tebow 1st 2 Seasons Rushing: 165 for 887 yds, 5.4 ypc, 12 TD's
    (TT +504 yds and +10 TD's)

It looked like Saint John El' Dim-Way was well on his way to just being another local Used Car Salesman in Denver,,,
    Sooooo, Tim Tebow REALLY had to GO!
    Peyton already has his Colts Legacy and so he is no threat to Saint John's donkey legacy.

Just looking at the actual 'On the Field' stats/results,,,,
    Idiots claim that El' Dim-Way was an early 'sure thing' while TT is a ' positive no way' as a QB.
    As I've said,,,, IDIOTS, and/or delusional imo!

So, how did Tim do in his 2 raw rookie 15th and 16th starts in the Playoffs?
    Passing - 19 of 47, 40.4%, 452 yds, 9.6 yds/att, >>23.8 yds/comp<< 2 TD's, ZERO Ints, PER 90.0
    Rushing - 15 for 63 yds, 4.2 ypc, 1 TD and 1 LPF.
    Total Offense on 62 plays, 515 yds, 8.3 yds/play, 3 TD's to 1 T-O, for a 1-1 record.

Not to bad using a team that was 4-14 without him at QB.

Tebow Trivia:
    ~ On Oct 17th 2010 Tebow scored his first NFL TD on a 5 yard run.
    Who was it against?
    ~ What happened on Tebow's first NFL Pass Attempt?
    ~ Who was the Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week (week of Nov 14th)
    (Orton's 3 wins in 2010 were in large part because of backup Tebow)

Tebow's 1st NFL start, after sitting cold on the bench for 13 games while the Broncos went 3-10 with Orton,
    was against the hated Raiders in the Black Hole.

Tebow completed eight of 16 passes, 50%, 17.3 yds/comp for 138 yards, including a 33-yard TD pass.
    He also rushed for 78 yards, 40 of which came on a 3rd down TD run in the first quarter of the game.
    >> It was the longest TD run for a QB in Broncos history and the longest TD run in NFL history for a QB in his first start.<<
    ~ Tebow became just the third QB in NFL history to throw for a TD of 30 or more yards AND run for a TD
    of 40 or more yards in the same game.

~ He finished the game with a 100.5 passer rating, the highest ever in team history for a professional debut.

Tim got his 1st win in just his 2nd NFL start, overcoming a 17 Pt Half Time deficit to win 24-23 over the Texans.
    NO ARM - CAN'T READ DEFENSES - CAN'T MAKE QUICK DECISIONS - NO ACCURACY etc...
    Except that in just his 2nd NFL start he finished the game with 308 passing yards with a TD pass. He also added
    a fourth quarter rushing TD, which capped the comeback win.
    In just his 2nd NFL start, Tebow received his 2nd Pepsi NFL Rookie of the Week honor following his winning
    come-from-behind performance.

Tebow finished his rookie season playing sparingly in six games (12 plays) as a back-up (primarily on plays involving
    the wild horse formation before starting the last 3 games of the Broncos' season. He threw for a total of 654 yards,
    5 TD to just 3 Ints. He also rushed for 227 yards and 6 more TD's.

Tebow became the 1st QB in NFL All Time History to rush for a TD in each of his first 3 career starts.

In Tim's 2011 1st 'cold off the bench' start, the Broncos struggled for the first three-and-a-half quarters against
    the Dolphins, but rallied from a 15–0 deficit in the last three minutes to win the game, 18–15, in overtime.

>>> Denver/Tebow became the first team in NFL history to win a game after being down by at least 15 points
    with three minutes to play in a game. <<<

There are many more Tebow/Bronco and Tebow/NFL records but I'll stop there,,, for now. :)

==============

The Broncos' executive vice president of football operations offered high praise for Tebow one month ago.

"Hopefully, he (TT) can be the franchise guy for a long time, but those are things we don't know at the time.
    He made tremendous strides last year, and that's without an off season. He's our starter going into camp, and we
    have great expectations for him." -- El' Dim-Way at the Feb. combine.

Liar - Liar - Pants on Fire!

And just as I said: "Elway wasn't about to stake his legacy to Tebow and he solved the problem with a Peyton-sized
    solution. It's about the only way shipping Tebow out of town would have passed without large-scale riots in the streets."

Actually El' Dim-Way didn't want to lose his place in donkey history to the guy that was already breaking his
    donkey team records, passing, rushing, and come-from-behind wins, with little to no help or support.

Tebow probably needs to go to a team that's never had an Elway, or P.Manning, or even a long gone
    (seemingly jealous) Broadway Joe.
    Because Tim has 'Franchise ICON' potential, IF he ever gets with the right group.
    Now I'm embarrassed for Joe because he sniped when he should have embraced.
    I thought that SEC/Bama--Broadway/Jets Joe would be 'bigger' that El' Dim-Way was/is.
    (still time for Joe to come around so I won't give up hope just yet)
    ==============

Jet fans want Tebow fans to learn about the entire Jets Team.
    Well and good, and I agree.
    However, Tebow is now a JET player and a JET teammate!
    So the long time 'regular' Jet fans should spend some time with Tim's HS/UF/Bronco history too.

Tim's a lot more in positive way, and a lot less in a negative way, than most of the Tebow-haters and media-morons
    would have the average 'uninformed' fan know or believe....

PS
    Who starts in the Jet games doesn't matter to me at all.
    Which TEAM WINS the games is what really matters.
    (Orton 4-14 -- Tebow 9-7, and his 8-5 2nd season was without Lloyd or Gaffney)

IF the Jets win the SB next season, NONE of us will really G-a-S who the starter was. :jets:

16. Slap

Slap New Member

Really under your skin, aren't I, Tetard?

:grin:

Gotta love a Tetard who disparages several Hall of Famers so he can kiss his scatter-armed idol's ass just that much harder.

Elway dumped a guy who cannot run a pro style offense because he's worried about his place in Bronco history. He really tricked everybody by bringing in a no-name like Peyton Manning.

#276 Slap, Apr 1, 2012
  17. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

Irrelevant information.

18. VanderbiltJets

In this case Tebow didn't win the job. Orton lost the job and Tebow happened to be the #2.

19. VanderbiltJets

You didn't take into account sample size. You're incorrect here.

Jets Trivia
    ~What Quarterback led the Jets to two consecutive AFC Championship Games during the 2009 and 2010 NFL seasons?
    ~What two future Hall of Fame Quarterbacks did the Jets defeat in the 2010-2011 playoffs?

20. catsigater

catsigater New Member

That is an accurate statement.