AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I am with you. This season has been terrific. I think people get impatient because they are writing a half-season story arc over 8 episodes. People need to stop looking at it as individual episodes and think of it as an 8 hour movie. The whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

of they are looking it as horribly written exposition that is telling you everything with contrived and bad dialogue within poorly constructed scenes, rather than creatively showing you within the context of the events. it is screenwriting 101. every scene with the Governor is poorly constructed talking head scenes with nothing else going on, no subtext, nothing.

3. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I disagree with everything...

This is the best season yet
    The writing has been really good and the plot being shifted from certain parts of the comics are turning out really well as well.

As for the Governor... There is a reason they are building this guy the way they are. Just wait to see all of the Governor and judge him at the end.

4. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Its a zombie show based on a comic book. Not Citizen Kane.

5. JetBlue

How do you explain 28 days later. just a zombie movie not citizen kane.

or Vacation, just a silly family road trip movie not citizen kane.

or Pinochio, just a silly cartoon about a puppet not citizen kane.

Even trivial concepts can be told and executed well, so unless you think every movie or show that is not citizen kane has bad dialogue and poor exposition you can save the idiotic rationalization that you don't even believe yourself.

6. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Your the one with a masters degree in filmmaking obliviously, I'm just a guy who likes zombie shows.

My only gripe is the disparity between the CGI blood and old school blood and guts. When you stab a walkers head and blood splats everywhere it should be all over you.

7. JetBlue

again, stick to the point of contention. but if all you have on your side is mocking me than you have no point.

I like zombie shows as well, which is why I watch the show. but I also like good writing a storytelling, and the example of 28 Days Later disputes your assertion that you can't have both. the question for you would be why is it unreasonable to prefer both?

8. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

Just to nitpick a little, 28 Days Later isn't a zombie movie, it's a contagion movie. The people in 28 Days weren't dead, they were suffering from a virus that made them bloodthirsty killers that couldn't feel pain. I know its a minor point that probably only geeks like myself care about, but I figured I would put it out there anyway.

As for the bolded part, that is just a matter of opinion. I normally agree with alot of your posts, but not this one. I have found this season to be well written, engaging, interesting with an excellent pace. I just can't see where you are coming from, but like I said before to each their own.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

JetBlue be hatin'. JetBlue be hatin' son! Yo yo JetBlue be da hater!

10. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

11. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Holy crap I thought that was Cromartie at first, had to do a double take there.

12. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member

didn't that dude have a small role in the Wire?

13. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Yes, I saw him in a season 2 episode a few nights ago. I expect to finish the series by 2023.

14. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

yeah he was that guy who got out of prison and tried to get back in the drug game but couldn't cut it. I think he was Michael's stepdad or mentor or something like that. Cutty maybe?

15. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

lol...i saw the series in 2 weeks...Get to season 3 and it picks up from season 1 essentially and season 4 is the best hands down

17. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Yep. He was the guy that ran the gym and boxing clinic to help people get out of the drug game. I wouldn't call him a star. He was like a one season minor character.

18. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

This was a set-up episode for the mid-season finale. Still very entertaining (Glenn vs. the walker was great). Can't wait for next week. It should be epic.

19. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

I feel like every episode not counting Tdawg and Lori dying is a set up episode.

20. 21stAmendment

21stAmendment Member