AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Most of those items aren't "mysteries" per say. Most of those items are just elements of the LOST universe. The island is mythical place that exists with its own set of rules. Do you really want to know how all the mysteries of Hogwarts or the Harry Potter universe works? The more you know the less interesting it is. Look at the prequel trilogy to Star Wars (midichlorians anyone?) or how Prometheus (which I actually liked) tried to explain the Alien universe. What possible explanation of the island/light/game/cabin would be satisfying? I think there is enough information for a person to make reasonable interpretations of those elements. And to be honest, if they explained them as something different from what I think, I'd probably be pissed. I've heard other people's interpretations of various ambiguous elements...and most I disagree with. But that is one of the things that makes it great. The narrative of the show has a satisfying conclusion and there is still plenty to debate about what it all means. Season 6 is not necessarily the direction I would have picked the show to go...but it is faithful to the themes of show and works even better in retrospect than it did in the initial viewing.

2. Barcs

Barcs Banned

I don't want to take this any further OT, so I'll try to keep it short (but will probably fail lol). The writers at the beginning claimed that everything would be explained and make sense in the end. This just shows how they overdid the mystery factor, which is not what I want to happen with TWD. They put in so many elements and events just for the heck of it to make fans go , "whaaaaaaaaat?" that they never intended to explain. Showing the island at the bottom of the sea in the alternate universe was either an intentional red herring, or shows they really didn't have a plan. Also I think they screwed up explaining the whispers. Upon rewatching the series, the whispers are always associated with MIB, not ghosts. In fact I think all the "ghosts" on the island were actually MIB posing as people. It makes way more sense when you look at Shannon's death and others. It seems like they just wanted to shut fans up with that silly explanation that made no sense and didn't follow continuity. They really should have made a movie tying up the loose ends.

#1082 Barcs, Nov 9, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2012
  3. DeathByJets

Thank goodness I have the zombie apocalypse to cheer me up after the horror I witnessed this afternoon.

4. Dirty6Sanchez

Dirty6Sanchez Well-Known Member

Zombies and Terrorists (Homeland)! :beer:

5. DeathByJets

Welll...that was one of the nuttier episodes.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Needed an episode to take a breather after last week. Haha.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

8. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Anybody know what happened to Carol? Did I miss her getting killed or something? Last I remember T-dogg sacrificed himself so that she could escape from the walkers, but she hasn't been seen since. It seems a little strange that they just don't even mention her as if she doesn't exist. I don't think I've seen her in 2 episodes.

9. Chrebet86

Chrebet86 Active Member

Same here, i must have missed something, or forgot that I seen it....

10. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

The group can't find her and she hasn't been seen since T-dogg sacrificed himself to save her. They assume that since she hasn't shown up that she was killed.

But on "The Talking Dead" last week, one of the producers was on and she said the grave they dug for Carol was empty, just dirt.

So my guess is she will be popping up soon. She is probably holed up somewhere in the prison, trapped. We don't know for sure though.

11. thedonger

thedonger Active Member

in one of the clips for the next episode, it shows daryl pulling a knife out of a walker saying something along the lines like "this was carol's". so i'm guessing the next episode will have something about her.

12. OhioJetsFan

OhioJetsFan Member

Perhaps she is on the phone with Rick?

13. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

If it is anything like the comics, it is not Carol calling Rick.

14. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Would be awesome if it was a Arnold Crank Caller...

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Chased by zombies, she risks her life to find a phone book and quarter to make a call to the prison.

16. Barcs

Barcs Banned

Haha. That would make my life complete!

17. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

another disappointing episode, mainly because the Governor storyline just isn't very compelling. now you compound it with an awfully written seduction of Andrea and it is just gut-wrenchingly bad. the writing this season has just been awful.

though next week looks like it could start correcting matters.

18. Barcs

Barcs Banned

So it seems like the phone call is pretty much Rick going crazy. it's funny how he's begging the person on the phone to let them in, yet I can't possibly think of a safer place than a prison to be with the world the way it is. They're really going out of their way to make Meryl an asshole as well. I'm really liking the character, he seems much more of an antagonist than the governor does. It should be really interesting to see what happens with him and Glenn next episode.

19. dabrowsk1

dabrowsk1 Active Member

I could not disagree with you more. To each their own though. I have been loving this season and I enjoyed last nights episode.

20. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

I'm calling it, Andrea is going to side with Woodbury.