AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

thanks. that will save me some money on dvds too

2. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

Don't listen to this.

Get the DVDs. The beginning of season 2 drags a little, but it doesn't feel that way when watching episodes consecutively. The second half of season 2 is excellent (better than season 1). Season 3 is fantastic so far.

#1042 DeathByJets, Nov 4, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2012
  3. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I agree with this.

There is too much important stuff in season 2 to skip the entire season.

Though skipping season 2 wouldn't be as bad as Hiker deciding to start watching "Breaking Bad" with episode 43.

4. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

One of the best TWD episodes ever...

I cant believe how amazing this season has been...The Governor arc/Prison storyline is the best in the comics...I am so surpirsed at the things they are doing with the show.

Be easy T-Dogg...Going to miss that useless but chill guy.

Also another useless character Lori finally got her ending...Very different from the shocking end she had in the comics and considering the baby never happened in the comics I am again surprised at how the writers came up with that scene. Carl was awesome and Rick is pissed off Rick.

This show went on a completely awesome level seriously once Darabont stepped aside. He created the foundation, but the comic creator and fellow writers have done a great job here aside from wasting time in searching for Sophia last year

5. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Season 1 = Strong epic start, flat end

Season 2 = Slow start, great last half

Season 3 = Start if FREAKIN AWESOME

6. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

If you have it, the first two seasons are streaming on Netflix.

Awesome episode tonight. Lori dying made me feel better about that terrible Cowboys game.

7. IBLEEDGREEN17

IBLEEDGREEN17 Well-Known Member

really guys? I thought last weeks episode was pretty good, but the acting in this episode was incredibly mediocre. Especially lori and her whole speech to carl, and rick's reaction when he didn't see lori.

8. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Despite Michonne and the governor still being lame characters (hopefully they improve to what made them popular in the comics) the episode was fantastic.

9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Governor is one crazy guy in the comics, lets see what happens though

10. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

No way Hershel makes it past another episode... I think the joy of seeing Hershel crutching around would have been epic if that joy turned to Hershel being a one-legged snack moments after. That would have took a lot of balls for the writers and I personally would have loved it. But really... I can see a one legged Hershel story line being dragged out as bad as lost Sophia... time to go Hershel.

#1050 The Green Dude, Nov 5, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2012
  11. dBLitzer28

dBLitzer28 Active Member

T dawg exceeded his line quota for the show. He had to go and was immediately replaced by another black guy.

How are they going to feed the baby now??

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Hung Lo's girlfriend's hooters will do the trick.

13. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I am still speechless! What an episode last night. Wow.

14. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

These last two episodes have been intense! Really amazing stuff.

Have to agree with IBLEEDGREEN17's take on Lori's performance but 100% disagree on Rick's reaction. I thought he killed it on the reaction, almost had me in tears on his reaction alone. My wife was crying and I know my best friend's wife was crying throughout the whole episode as well.

I had pretty high expectation for this season because I know how good this part was in the comics but so far they have exceeded my expectations by leaps and bounds, and there is still so much more intrigue both in the prison and in Woodbury.

It is hard to rank the best episodes of the show but so far this one, the season three premiere and the series premiere are all up there for me.

15. JetBlue

I am curious what was intense about the previous episode? nothing happened, except the Governor's execution of the National Guard and even that was comical in its ridiculousness.

16. milo

milo Well-Known Member

Yeah but Lori's horribly acted performance just made it all the more perfect. It was the "hey just in case you forgot why you can't friggin stand me let me remind you before I bite the bullet" moment.

Rest in pieces hooker.

17. deerow84

deerow84 Well-Known Member

Well fair enough, that one wasn't as intense on it's own. The Governor's stuff is just interesting because of what they are going to do with him, assuming they follow some of the graphic novel plotlines. I like that they are slowly revealing the Governor for who he really is instead of just beating you over the head with it from the get go.

18. JetBlue

in his first episode they revealed that he is a liar (promising to rescue and then killing the Gaurdsmen) and insane (the zombie heads in the tanks). that is the definition of beating you over the head with it from the get go. they left absolutely zero mystery to the character or his intentions.

had they slowly built him up, tricked the audience in trusting him and then revealing him to be insane, that would have been great.

19. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

That would be pointless. A large amount of the audience has either read or knows about the comics and know who/what he is. In addition, they talked about him all summer in interviews as a villain. So yes, they showed that he's a lying lunatic, but if they go even half as far as the comics, we haven't seen anything yet so they are going pretty slow.

20. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Mother fucker can stroke a golf ball though.