AMC's The Walking Dead

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Mr Electric, May 11, 2010.

1. GatorGar

GatorGar Active Member

Damn, I liked him. I just hope his death has some kind of meaning and impact on the show.

2. DeathByJets

DeathByJets Well-Known Member

I think that is a little misdirection/tease. I think he said "the Governor called"....as in "you got a stay of execution." I'd bet it's usage in the preview was just to raise speculation. I don't think the Governor makes an appearance until next season....or maybe (to speculate) we'll see him in the finale and this was a hint.

3. DeathByJets

I am pretty sure it will have a big impact. They didn't just kill him for the sake of killing him. They set it up the entire episode (and to a degree....the entire season). Without the voice of the moral compass, expect more rash decisions.

Also, keep in mind this was the first of team Rick to by it since coming to the "safety" of the farm (I'm not counting Sophia, as she went missing before they arrived).

I think these last two episodes are gonna be great.

4. Nilton

Nilton Active Member

He panicked because he just lost a valuable member...he wasn't thinking straight..he paced back and forth not knowing what to do. To have a walker come up so close to where they were staying and just lose him? We all know he was gonna bleed out..

5. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I thought the episode was pretty great, but I have been hoping for Dale's death for quite some time so perhaps that is clouding my opinion of the entire episode. Now they just need to have Carl bite it.

though I am disappointed about how transparent the foreshadowing of the gun and Randall's escape indicates someone's demise. most likely Shane.

6. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Can someone shed some light on who the Governor is and his significance to the storyline? I am not familiar with the comics.

7. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Do you think we're going to be seeing a situation where Randall escapes and JUST HAPPENS upon the gun, covered under leaves/brush, in the middle of the woods?

8. JetBlue

this is basic formulaic storytelling. yes, that is exactly what is going to happen. and if it isn't Randall it will be someone else. but there is a reason the show went out of their way to make that occur.

Carl could have roamed into the forest without a gun, come across the stuck zombie and done the exact same thing. but they had him get the gun, and lose it, for a reason.

you certainly don't need the gun for the zombie to escape and get Dale. so it was irrelevant to setting that up.

9. The Green Dude

The Green Dude 2008 Best Avatar Award Winner

The same zombie that Carl idiotically was playing around with ended up killing Dale... I think from here on out Carl doesn't think twice about pulling the trigger if he comes into a situation like this again wether it's a zombie or not... and I can see this playing into what happens into the comic. They are going to value human life more and not make harsh decisions to kill humans and this will end up pissing Shane off causing a shit ton of ruckus before the end of the season.

10. BonScott

BonScott Active Member

Was on the fence with this show but last night delivered.
    The evisceration of Dale was out of left field. I was thinking the zombie drool was gonna infect him.

11. Jetzz

Jetzz Active Member

This is what happens when you are effin' weak.... :drunk:

Episode was ok, just really slow with all this laboring over whether to execute him or not. They are working toward a big throw down though with Shane. They need to part ways with him... nothing but trouble brewing there.

12. JetBlue

does Carl die in the comic? I need something tangible to help hold out hope that it may occur.

13. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

yea carl really sucks

14. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

I'm looking forward to next week but after the season I'm not sure how pumped I'll be. When you think about this season as a whole, what has really happened? It's not really about a zombie apocalypse anymore, that's for sure.

15. devilonthetownhallroof

devilonthetownhallroof 2007 TGG Fantasy Baseball League Champion

It was never really supposed to be. It's always been about people surviving. The zombies are just exposition. Awesome exposition, but still just exposition.

16. DeathByJets

Well, the season isn't done, so it is too soon to pass judgment. I think this is a lot like Season 2 of LOST. New characters introduced, too much time in a not so exotic location, a prisoner decision, a few shocking twists. But, when you look at it in context of the overall show, it was important and necessary to get to the next step. My guess is this will be the case with TWD too.

17. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

season 2 of lost was amazing....

season 2 of walking dead is most definitely dragging. They are already signed on for season 3 a while ago and it's so painfully obvious that they are just stretching the rest of this season to keep them on the farm. AMC is running into financial problems so it makes sense for them to keep the production cheap and rake in as much profit as possible while the show is still red hot.

18. JetBlue

I'm a big fan of Lost season 2, but I started watching the show that season so I am biased.

the first half of this season was pretty bad, but after opening the barn it has been very good, save for the suicide parts from last week IMO.

19. DeathByJets

Don't get me wrong....I love everything about LOST, and Season 2 has some incredible stuff....but that season also has more slow patches than any other. I am actually in the midst of a LOST series rewatch (indoctrinating my kids this time) for about the 10th time and I always find that Season 2 drags. But when you get through the season, you always see how much has changed.

I think that will be true for TWD as well.

20. vinnumber13

vinnumber13 New Member

really like this show so i downloaded the comics and am about a quarter of the way in and i think they are amazing. so much better than the show. i still enjoy the show but i think if they would of followed the comics more the show would be so much better. i hope they have them leaving the farm at the end of the season and having season 3 take place at the prison