Am I the only one who thinks this has been a TERRIBLE draft....

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by tanknyc, Apr 26, 2009.

1. alngtheway

alngtheway Member

read in some article that he had hats from the five teams most likely to pick him ready. i wonder who the other four were....

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I really liked the trade up for Sanchez. The rest of the draft then negated the value we got in that deal. I hate trading up. That makes me an unhappy panda since Bradway took over. The Jets are doing things the exact opposite of the way that I think things work and so not only am I unhappy with their results most seasons but I see it coming in advance, meaning no fun at all.

3. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

a true #1 WR would make Sanchez's job easier but as long as we keep our o-line in check he'll have a better chance to succeed then David Carr, Tim Couch etc

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Normally I would agree with you but if we traded away future picks Percy Harvin would be a Jet.

5. tanknyc

tanknyc Active Member

funny!!!!!

6. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

There are much better ways to disagree with people than saying that... Tone it down: this is far from the only time you respond like this.

7. cxhannan

cxhannan New Member

Your absolutley right this was a pretty weak draft. Our coaches had certain guys they really liked and went out and got them.

8. GreenMachine

Green and Sanchez are almost surefire starters. I'd take 2 skill postion starters over traing camp fodder any day.

9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

This team will be mired in mediocrity for a reason.

10. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

A few things...

Can we really argue that KC is more "NFL ready" than Sanchez? Considering our experience at the QB position prior to the draft do you really want to base your arguement for disliking the pick on that?

I'll admit I was shocked they traded up to grab a RB. While I like TJ, he isn't the best RB on the team...And him wanting more money isn't helping anyone out. Yes he was the AFCs top rusher, and we didn't make the playoffs. Was it on TJ? No, it was more Favre than anything else...But grabbing a big bruiser and Doak Walker winner isn't a bad move.

There wasn't a WR available in the 3rd rd that would be a lock to start or be a big contribution guy...While I'd have loved to have drafted a big-time WR, I'd rather take the shot on getting a franchise QB...And that's what they did. After Cotch theres a dropoff, but I think Stuckey/Smith/Clowney can def make a go of it, and there will always be available guys after June 1st...

As for the Guard we took...I can't talk about that guy. Don't know who he is. But I'd like to ask you who you think we could have gotten in rounds 4-7 who would have a bigger impact than Ellis/Thomas...I agree 100% that we need depth on the D line, but who do we draft? As crazy as this sounds, it' probably cheaper to draft an O lineman and sign a marginal DE than to do the opposite...I have faith that Ryan will get the D ready, and there will be guys contribuing.

11. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

No problem, will you support my two children when I am dead?

12. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Get back to me, when Sanchez starts making Clowney and Cotchery look like Walker and Toon....And when It's 21-17 late and Shonn Green makes Joey Porter look like The Boz on the Goalline against Bo.

13. bigalxc

bigalxc Active Member

I think we'll just have to wait and see

14. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

It would only make sense that any of the off-site guys that cameras were following would have 32 hats on draft day...But he let it be known he'd like to be here prior to the draft...And he looked pumped that he was a Jet.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Let me post that again....And he looked pumped that he was a Jet.

Genuinely....

16. jcjet

jcjet Member

could happen

17. JUNJOBX2199

JUNJOBX2199 New Member

At the end of the day we took from this draft what we needed. Now instead of Clemens against Ratliff , Its Sanchez against Clemens. No difference what so ever! I have always thought if we're going to be a run first type of team then either guy can handle the Responsibility of not throwing the game away.

We also have some decent Receivers on this team that haven't seen the playing time , due to injury or ineffectiveness in the system. All of these things will work themselves out!

P.S. Ratliff wasn't shit anyway! (he plants the bait).

18. hiker

hiker Well-Known Member

We had 3 picks, and got 2 sure starters with no ceiling on their potential, and a monster guard who - going out on a limb - will be starting in another 1-2 years and be a starter for another decade. Most picks past rd 2 are a crapshoot anyway, never panning out. The only thing I could be upset about not having extra picks in later rounds would be a lack of depth, but with undrafted FAs and veteran signings, I feel sure we will have 53 men come September.

And as for a WR, I still think there's a rabbit in a hat somewhere, waiting to be pulled.

19. Kamen

Kamen New Member

You build inside out. Drafting all skilled position players will destroy the team. Much better chance of finding a line depth then adding a wr any better then clowney or stucky

20. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

You really can't want Plax here...Can you? :rofl: