Alton Sterling

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by Ubiquitous, Jul 6, 2016.

1. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

So, the justice system is flawed and going to jail and serving their doesn't matter. All criminals violent in any way should be killed? Fair enough, I agree too many people in prison let's kill everybody that does anything even remotely violent, done and done no more tax dollars to rehabilitate folks. It'll probably cut down on all sorts of crime.

Who are the good people that shouldn't have to go through grief? The police and their friends and families or Sterlings family and friends. Frankly nobody should have to go through because it shouldn't be a thing. Not for me, not for you and not for anybody else; unfortunately it is.

2. irishwhip03

irishwhip03 Well-Known Member

The potentially good people that had to go through grief were his victims and their families. Maybe the 5 kids that he fathered and forgot about? How about the fact that he was a sex offender and possibly had sexual contact with a child?

Anyone with a rap sheet that long, over that many years, doesn't hold a soft spot in my heart no matter how he met his demise.

TNJet likes this.
  3. hastygreen

hastygreen Well-Known Member

yup, scumbag but like so many others he went to jail and did his time. Hey, I agreed with you he did that shit and they should have done him up years ago. Oddly that's not the way our system works and people are released after they do their mandated time. I'm not saying the guy was a saint or anything else. However you are arguing that after doing that time and upon doing nothing of note at the time of the shooting it was ok because he "was" a scumbag. Under the same set of standards how many of our friends and relatives would need to be put down?

The kids and his victims definitely are the good people in this and in my opinion the victim should have had the chance to cut his balls off at the time, but again that isn't how our justice system is set up. This whole thing is not about this guy holding a soft spot in my heart, which he doesn't, or anybody elses.

It's that the behavior that led to him being shot leads to a guy like Philando Castile being shot, it's the kind that leads to a guy like me being shot. I haven't been to jail, have a degree, etc etc. Nor have I done anything that would even put me in the vicinity of a jail anytime soon. Not that it matters much because I still worry that some night I'll be pulled over for something innocuous like not wearing my seatbelt and take two to the chest because my wallet is in the wrong place.

Believe me I don't want to be shot over a seatbelt because I KNOW that's the year the Jets will win the fucking superbowl.

#163 hastygreen, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2016
  4. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

I don't advocate beating people up because you don't get your way.

5. mute

mute Well-Known Member

I wish I wish I wish I did not see the unedited video!!! The officer literally shot him in the heart. When the fat one finally gets off Mr. Sterling all you see is blood rushing out of his chest. His body begins to move as if it's not sure what to do. His left arm jumps up and starts to cover his chest. While all of this is happening both the officers stop and stare. Then when it's all over one of them opens his right pocket and removes the gun. Damn.. I need to take a break from the Internet.

Sent from my BLU LIFE ONE X using Tapatalk

6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/12/us/police-shootings-investigations/

7. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

Look at the bright side, Property Insurance rates should go down.

8. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Wasn't the first time this happened with Sterling. It gives some reasoning why he could have been going for his weapon, he may have gotten at least 20 years for this gun offense and possibly life if he had another offense between 2009 and this incident. I think many states are 5, 20 , Life are something close to that for gun offenses.

Edit: After reading up I can't find that Louisiana has a law like I mentioned but with his record and after getting 5 years for the same charge he would have been looking at serious time.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/alton-sterling-had-eerily-similar-brush-with-cops-in-past-report/

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

the laws in Louisiana are much different that the rest of the states. All the other states on based on English common law but based on its French history Louisiana's laws are derived from the Napoleonic code. Today it remains the most difficult state of all to pass the bar exam in and while its common for attorneys to be admitted to the bar to practice in numerous states those in Louisiana typically practice solely in that state.

^^ that doesn't have much to do with your post on Sterling, only I guess, to explain why you can't find laws in Louisiana that are similar to most states. Its probably done much different there

I am not an attorney I just stayed at a holiday inn express last night

TNJet likes this.
  10. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

It doesn't even matter what actually happened. This is a pattern of people setting the narrative when we don't know the facts. Then when we get more facts people have moved on to the next one and they add Alton Sterling to the list of names they trot out whether the killings were justified or not

11. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It's horrible to see a life lost but for all of these cases, just comply man. Whatever the dude asks just do it. He says don't move, don't move. He says hands up, hands up. White, black, Spanish or Asian follow what the officer says and you aren't going to get shot.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

The sad part for this country is,while most of these cases end up being justified by te police..regardless of all the evidence you still won't be able to tell that to blm. Or the liberals. for way to many people the world without victimization is a scary place full of self responsibility and stuff

JetsVilma28 and FJF like this.
  13. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

We're at a spot where racism is the default any time a black person dies. Do you think most of the keyboard warriors on Facebook read the DOJ report on the Michael Brown case? Do they know 3 of the officers in the Freddie Gray case were black? Doubtful

Most of the people bitching including those in Hollywood and the media don't really give a shit. If they did they would get off their ass and actually do something.

Last night at the ESPYs is a good example. Why the hell are they still bringing up piece of shit cop assaulting Michael Brown? It waters down the cases that are actually awful like Tamir Rice and Walter Scott

No this is about people making themselves feel better simply because they hold certain beliefs. As if they're off the hook because they acknowledged their "white privilege".

#174 BeastBeach, Jul 14, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2016
    abyzmul and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  14. typeOnegative13NY

I wonder if they ever stop to think about who they are defending . People selling drugs in their community etc. I have family in le in 3 different parts of Long Island. I was talking to one of my relatives squad members the other day. His squad is made up of 4 white, 3 black and 3 Latino. All of them have said they they just do t want to do it anymore. They don't want to pull over blacks anymore. They do t want to respond to areas anymore. Just want to get out of it all all together. I wonder if people ever stop to think that they are causing this in the people that would come to their rescue and in the long run they are maki g their own lives more at risk . Throwing shit in the streets is fun if you have nothing going for you , but down the road don't be the 1st to complain when the cops just don't come fast enough

15. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

How about some of the people bitching sign up to be cops since they are so morally pure

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  16. typeOnegative13NY

They would learn quickly what it's like to deal with people like Alton sterling.

17. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

A good portion of the knuckleheads still believe "hands up, don't shoot" actually happened.

18. BeastBeach

BeastBeach Banned

I just listened to the ESPY thing again and those douchebags didn't even bring up Walter Scott.

I like how I am getting lectured by these guys. Carmelo was in a stop snitching video lol

abyzmul likes this.
  19. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Here's some nice photos of the deceased being a role model.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]