All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Joe Willie White Shoes

Joe Willie White Shoes Well-Known Member

I have been a Jets fan for 46 years and a season ticket holder for 32 and I can say that is trade is unequivocally the worst move the team has ever made. This was a team that was a SB contender 18 months ago with a great defense and a young QB who showed he could win big games. All that was needed was to stay the course and let the QB develop while fine tuning the defense. Instead, we have become a circus - chasing the big name instead of making the team better.

This move will ruin Sanchez, fracture the locker room, fracture the fan base and test its loyalty, and distract the team like nothing we have ever seen.

Gimmicks don't win titles and neither do running QBs who can't pass. The NFL is a QB driven league and the rules favor the passing game. And now the Jets are building their offense around a gimmick that has been figured out while seriously undermining the current QB. After a year with a fractured locker room, they just brought in the most divisive player in the NFL. I am not saying Tebow is purposely divisive. I am saying that the atmosphere that comes with him - the constant pressure from half the country to play him over the incumbent QB - the constant debate about whether he is even NFL caliber - the constant debate over whether an NFL team can win playing an offense that was popular in college football in the 1970s - and the religious sideshow that comes with Tebow and has no place on a football field - will destroy this team.

It is over people. The Tannenbaum/Ryan/Sanchez era ended yesterday. Now we just get to watch it unravel and die over the next season or two. Then Revis will want out, the core will get old, and the Jets will be rebuilding all over again.

2. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Worst move we ever made? Another compete retard post

3. MoWilkShakes

MoWilkShakes Active Member

I would write one if I thought it would make a difference. Unless everyone includes a million dollars in their letters woody won't give 2 fucks.

4. Joe Willie White Shoes

Yes. Worst move the Jets ever made. Why is the fan base so up in arms? I have never heard more Jets fan dislike a move made by the team in 46 years. I have never heard more football people criticize a move by an NFL team before. Never. I have never seen a team become a joke as much as the Jets have in the last day. I have been a fan of this team for a long time and I believe this. You can call me what you want, but that is how I feel and I am not alone.

Show a little class and at least an iota of intelligence and football knowledge and disagree for a reason without calling a fellow 52 year old fan infantile names. This is not the 5th grade play ground (although it seems that way sometimes). Your reaction to my post is what is going to go on at practices and games until Tebow is gone or miraculously becomes an NFL QB. Jets fans are going to divided like never before. And that is a shame, because Jets fans are great fans and deserve better than this freak show of a team they have become.

5. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Many of the (so-called) fans on this board are retards or just don't know anything about building a winner!! The front office is a mess!

6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Wow people jumping all over the OP simply amazing. The guy can't voice his displeasure to the owner ? Many of you guys say " so what " " the owner does not give a shit " bingo maybe that is the problem right there and Woody should give a shit to what his loyal fan base thinks.

7. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

If the trade is viewed by any objectivity the team got stronger. He is the #1 red zone TD threat in the NFL the last 2 years (actual stats not just an opinion) for a 4th round pick! Sporano and Rex will devise some nasty stuff for other teams. He is a great team mate (measured by all who have ever played with him)

Its his religion, or the media hype or its the fact that everyone wants to treat Sanchez like a fragile spurned girl friend....I dunno but the name Tebow makes some people lose all logic.

save the "he sucks at passing" as if a 24 year old can never improve that will not be his primary role anyway.

calm down and watch. The problem is that I fear that some fans become so entrenched that even if he has 20 rushing TDs and does his role remarkably well the hate will keep pouring in.

#47 CowboysFan, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  8. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

If the FO doesn't believe that Sanchez is the guy, then trade him and draft someone, because Tebow is not the answer, they just brought in someone who may polarize the locker room further, my outside hope is that players will rally behind Sanchez because anyone with the least amount of intelligence understand that Tebow is a gimmick.

9. jonnyd

Football knowledge? The guy hasnt played a fuckin down yet. We have a bazillion retard moves. Almost every fuckin draft pick in the 80s to start with. Trading up to get big Dwayne the retard, drafting Vernon Gholston SIXTH OVERALL. Not drafting Dan Marino? Drafting a kicker in the 2nd round, moving up to draft a guy who played for 20 minutes in college, getting rid of James Farrior...whatever. The list goes on and on and on. To call trading a 4th rounder for a backup QB without having waited for the guy to walk into the fuckin facility, the single worst move teh Jets have ever made (Hiring Kotite-hiring Coslet-bringing in Favre) is absolutely a mornic, retarded statement.

10. CowboysFan

CowboysFan Banned

I think you made my point.

The FO believes in Sanchez. Tebow was brought in to run nasty packages against opposing defenses.

why is that so hard to understand? Is it an immense level of insecurity for Sanchez?

The FO belives in Sanchez, extended his contract, said so publicly and improved their team with a devastating red zone threat (Tebow is #1 in the NFL ) for a 4th round pick.

The Jets' fans are making this an issue.

#50 CowboysFan, Mar 22, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2012
  11. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

I love how everyone is just assuming its a terrible move before we even see anything play out. Its a 4th round pick people. What 4th round pick was going to come in this year and contribute.

12. Milliner is your Mommy

Milliner is your Mommy Well-Known Member

Jet fans love to complain. Its funny and head scratching at first then after it continues to drudge on it gets really really annoying.

13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think they have. These pathetic moves is why our Jets will be a second rate organization sucking wind from the likes of the GIANTS, Pats, Steelers are other first class NFL teams. This one takes the cake, and the fact that worst moves have been made is no consolation. Our leadership is weak at best.

14. jonnyd

Bra, bra bra, that is EXACTLY what it is. And I said it another thread already. All the Sanchez apologists are shittin bricks that theyre gonna finally realize that he sucks.

15. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

The atmosphere that comes with him, is half the people love his honesty and effort, and half are just prejudiced.

To say he's a downgrade from Stanton is a joke.

And if Sanchez has such a fragile psyche (I dont think he does) then he's never gonna get you where you need to go. (The fragile thing was what they said about Eli before he got two rings)

At the end of the day, Tebow gives you a wildcat presence (And spare the Kerley argument, he didnt take a team to the playoffs running it).. And a guy with upside at the position, like McElroy, not a guy that was buried at #3 on..(lol) the Lions depth chart after being a second round pick. (in NY...thats called a ..Gholston)

Haters just gotta hate.

16. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

If bringing in a backup QB to run some wildcat and bring some MF'NG INTENSITY to this offense "ruins" Sanchez - Then Sanchez is not capable of improving to the level that this team needs him to improve to in order to win a SB.

Bringing in Tebow should push Sanchez to use his God given talents to work much harder to become a Championship level QB. Tebow is an excellent teammate and a really solid competitor. He will make this team a better football team and hopefully he will elevate the performances of those around him and have a positive impact on the success of the football team. Football is about competition and winning and you don't get to be a championship team without having winners who have had to fight and push and work and scratch and crawl their way to becoming much better than they thought that they could become. That is the essence of building a championship - pushing everybody individually and collectively to be much better than they realized that they could become.

This is a challenge for the players and the coaches - and frankly they all need a challenge and they all need to tighten their shit up and get to work on fixing what wasn't working last season. One of the things that wasn't working was the wildcat and the ground and pound and the running game. And a major thing that was missing was INTENSITY!!! I think Tebow will help the team improve in those areas. Time to get back to kicking ass and taking names and if some of these guys can't handle competition and playing with intensity and constant improvement then they shouldn't be drawing a paycheck.

17. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

Dear Woody-

Have the fat guys in khakis, the ones who used to run onto the field when we scored a touchdown, pull Rick onto the field and sodomize him with one of their big flagpoles before an audience of 80,000+.

Thank you,

TiredORick

18. The Jutty

The Jutty Banned

Now if only our fan base could understand it.

19. Joe Willie White Shoes

The thing is he has played. We have seen him for two years in the NFL now and know what he brings to the table. He is not an NFL QB. If he was the answer, Elway would be building his playoff team around him instead of bringing in a broken down 36 year old QB with a big name and HOF career for gazillions of dollars and a ton of risk.

If Tebow was the answer, why was a first round pick just traded for a 4th and a 6th after leading his team to the playoffs? We all know the answer. Because he is not the answer .

20. NYSuperDoodle

NYSuperDoodle New Member

Do you really think Sanchez is so fragile that he has to be treated like an ugly girl in her prom dress? Why do you think he can't stand up to some competition at QB.. why wouldn't it just make him better?