All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

While I admire thinking out of the box, thinking light years away from the box is not recommended.

2. MexicanJet

MexicanJet Well-Known Member

Yeah, and my shit is purple and smells like rainbow sherbet.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If Sanchez loses his job to either one of these "talents", then not only should he be benched, but Tannenbaum should be fired for trading up for him and Rex should be demoted to DC.

4. LGENF

LGENF Banned

TEBOW

there I said it

5. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

As a Bills fan, I love it. :lol:

Coupled with hiring Tony Sparano with his less-than-impressive resume as an OC and Ryan's determination to abandon the forward pass, trading for Tebow virtually guarantees an offensive disaster for the Jets.
    • In case Tannenbaum, Ryan, and Sparano haven't realized it, this isn't the 1950s, and successful teams pass much more than they run. That's even true of teams that have good running games like Baltimore.
    • The desire to run the ball more does NOT mean that a team will do so successfully if it does nothing to improve its run game. Last season, the Jets yards per rushing attempt was pretty anemic. What has the team done to improve their running game aside from acquiring Tebow and Ryan indicating that Sparano might use the gimmicky wildcat a lot?
    • The problem with running the WC with Tebow is that he's such a crappy passer that bringing him in off the bench is simply a signal that the Jets are going to run the ball unless they bring him in on third and fifteen.
    • Sanchez is a pretty mediocre QB, but he's being set up for failure big time.
      • Do the Jets even have a QB coach or do they expect Sparano to mentor him? I know they were trying to get David Lee (inventor of the WC BTW), but he signed with the Bills, and Todd Haley also went elsewhere. I haven't heard that they hired anybody else, but maybe they did.
      • The Jets still don't have a WR to pair with Holmes. I can't blame them for not signing a FA RT since the crop of OTs is so thin, but that's not going to help Sanchez with the Bills having added a pair excellent pass rushers to their DL. It's hard to expect a team to get both a starting WR and starting RT out of their rookie crop.
      • Now, the HC is saying the Jets might pull their starter as many as 20 times a game for a WC QB ... what a vote of confidence!
    • Since Sanchez didn't demonstrate much ability to step when the pressure was on in 2011, it seems unlikely to expect that he'll respond positively to Tebowmania.
    • It appears that Ryan and Sparano think they might run a dual QB offense, something a few college teams have done in the past. Just my opinion, but if that was such a good idea, more teams would use it. Of course, it could be a moot point if Sanchez wilts early and Tebow becomes the starter after, oh, three or four games ...

All I can say is, better you guys than us!!! :grin:

6. abyzmul

I bet you even say it when you first wake up.

7. abyzmul

You're not a Bills fan.

8. teknopath

teknopath Member

Midway through the season, we find out Nick Mangold pulls all the strings in this organization. Whoever feels his ass the best gets the job.

9. tcrock

tcrock Well-Known Member

It's going to work out a lot better than all the doomsday scenarios that everyone is dreaming up. My prediction is the media overhype and the subsequent fan overreaction will be overshadowed by decent results on the field. We'll either find out that Sanchez is mentally tough enough to handle this and he will elevate his game.....or we'll find out he can't handle it, in which case he wouldn't be taking us anywhere anyway.

Tebow will improve goal line offense, will execute his own package of plays & will not take over the starting QB job. Sanchez will have a bounce back year more akin to his productivity in Years 1 & 2...and will significantly reduce his turnovers and he will turn some 3rd downs over to Tebow for conversion. Opposing defenses will have a hard time game planning.

10. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

If Tebow couldn't hit an open WR how exactly did he manage to play QB for most of last year? You fail at trolling as well as life.

BTW It's funny to see you calling people "HOMER!" who disagree with your opinion, yet you were crying about namecalling when it was done to you previously:

http://forums.theganggreen.com/showthread.php?p=2329305#post2329305

For the few other readers who are actually interested in facts and might still be reading this:

Tebow's completion percentage between 21-30 yards was the same as Sanchez. Between 31-40 yards tebow (19%) is comparable to sanchez (22%). Of course, a big reason Tebow's completion percentage is much lower is he took a lot more shots down field (26) than Sanchez (10) last year while throwing a lot fewer passes and playing in fewer games.

11. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

Good Post...

I think the Bills are looking up and have a solid lock on the #2 spot in the AFC east....

Funny to say it but, in the past 2 years I wish my team made smart moves like... Um, the Bills LOL!

12. Big Blocker

Big Blocker Well-Known Member

This is probably the best explanation for why the Jets will not subject Sanchez to any real QB competition.

13. jlee499

jlee499 Member

1. Tebow will be used on 3rd down short yardage plays and inside the opponents 10-15

2. Sanchez will play lights out. (Caveat: The offensive line protects as it should.)

3. The only way I see Tebow replacing Sanchez is if an injury puts him out of a game or out for the season... and even then, since I am a part of "McElroymania", they would split time with the offense.

I Can't wait for the season to start!

14. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Like everything else they've ever done, I'm hoping it works out. I would not have done this if it were me, but I try to be positive.

I do think Tebow is a great football player, not a classic QB but overall a great football player, and it's up to Rex Ryan, who I think is a great coach, to make it work. Sanchez is a grown man, he's been in the league now and had his own ups and downs. I'm not worried about his feelings. He already knew he had to play better this coming year, now he has a better idea what will happen if he doesn't, sooner rather than later. He's a better QB than Tebow, he needs to continue to be. If Tebow does replace him and complete's 40% of his passes Sanchez will be right back in.

15. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

What makes you say that? I have been a Bills fan since before they won their first AFL Championship in 1964.

Ever hear the phrase, "keep your friends close and your enemies closer"? Well, I keep tabs on all the AFCE teams.

16. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

But the backup QB can't run a traditional style offense which has me concerned if Mark goes down with an injury. Tebow can't throw for shit, and the WC has been largely shut down now.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Woody has gone over to the dark side. He no longer fells he can compete with the Giants on the field and is bringing in a high wire act with no nets to compete.

18. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Hate.

Today at noon marks the beginning of the end of the Rex and Tanny error.

19. Catt_County

Catt_County Banned

The problem with assessing QB play in the preseason is that teams run "vanilla" offenses and defenses in preseason games. This enables QBs who have difficulty reading defenses, like Sanchez, to look a lot better than they will look during the season because defenses don't try to disguise their defenses.

Additionally, teams that have already selected their starting QBs tend not to play their first teamers much. A quarter, a half, and then a few series in the remaining games is a common pattern for first teamers over four preseason games. Most teams like to use preseason to evaluate non-starters on their rosters. Tebow and McElroy will be playing with the second and third teamers vs second and third teamers.

Sanchez will start the season, but how long the Jets stick with him is iffy.

20. SackExchange69

SackExchange69 Well-Known Member

Teblow or no Teblow. 7-9 or 8-8. Tanny gone, Rex gone and hopefully Teblow gone.