All things Tebow Part Deux-Please post your Tebow thoughts here

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by rickjet, Mar 22, 2012.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't suppose those stats mention completions per game, will they?

2. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

It's amazing how many shots the media is taking at the Jets with this move. Is this the most disliked front office/ coaching staff in NFL history? Because I don't think any regime can survive if the New York media forms like Voltron against them.

3. abyzmul

Does that make Jenny Vrentas the pink lion? We all know it's not Jane McMan.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

James Dolan has done quite well..

5. LGENF

LGENF Banned

no stats

but he does play QB, the team did go 8-5 with him playing that position

he didn't do it himself (notice I did say that, he wasn't the only reason)

but the rest of the team was the same except that 1 position from the 1-4 start

6. The Notorious J.E.T.S

The Notorious J.E.T.S Well-Known Member

lol, true...but he does own the channel that covers his teams...plenty of room for propaganda there.

Woody needs to buy SNY.

7. Cman68

Man, that March 2012 join date is really becoming quite the indicator..

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

In only 2 of those 8 wins did the opposing team score more than 15 points. So it was probably all Tebow.

9. Cman68

He'll certainly have enough cash now to create his own NYJet channel complete with team announcers to back every move made by the FO/CS.

10. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

11. tommytom

tommytom Banned

Mcelroy is the next Brady and Sanchise will be like Eli. It is Marks 4th year. It is NOW TIME.

12. Cman68

That's a big 10-4...

13. Jet Blue

Jet Blue New Member

The Colts are about to Draft one of the most Sure-Thing QB's ever and have begun to Rebuild..... The Jets have a QB fiasco and IMO won't rebuild for a few years yet.. IMO, yeah, i trade in a heartbeat with Indy to watch a real QB develop on a team IMO that is at least 4 years AHEAD of the Jets...

Miami is close - IMO, their Defense is as good as the Jets - OL as Good - They will rebuild with a top draft pick and get to choose their next QB without being locked into one QB for the next 2+ years AND TEBOWMANIA.... Yeah, it's close but, i'd take the Miami situation.
    WE ACTUALLY ARE MIAMI FROM 2 YEARS AGO!!!!! - Sparano Plus Gimmick offense with a decent Defense.

Cleveland - That's tough but, again, being locked into 1 QB that managment does not believe in, having Tebowmania and Praying that you can win in this league with a Gimmick offense is a tough hole to climb out of - Cleveland doesn't really have a hole like that , they can rebuild clean.

And please, the past 2 Amazing runs and one of the best Jet games ever Vs the Pats have nothing to do with my opinion of the near future with a team that just gave up on it's QB and signed up for a complete Clown Show.

#433 Jet Blue, Mar 26, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2012
  14. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

my prediction is that mark sanchez will somehow fall off his couch week 3 after playing poorly for the first 2 games and tebow will almost lead the jets to the playoffs. BUT the jets will reactivate sanchez in week 11 and sucks... tebow replaces him again and we will miss the playoffs by one game and everything will blow up.

and then we will have a qb who we have to pay next year sitting on the bench all year.

then we sign barack obama next year to be our rbs coach and team motivator.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

as someone who has always disliked woody, i am coming to the point where my hatred for him is making it hard for me to root for him. i love the jets but i shoulda taken him in the deathpool over herm edwards.

16. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'm embracing it.

It will give this team a completely different dynamic in GL situation and 3 and short situations.

He's a proven winner, and that can't hurt the team.

He will NOT be our starting QB AT ANY TIME, EVER! Unless Mark gets hurt *knocks on wood*

17. FriendlyGiantsFan

FriendlyGiantsFan New Member

Brunell could actually run a traditional NFL offense and didn't need the playbook catered to him.

And yeah, the Giants have David Carr as their backup QB. John Mara just joked that he would have his press conference tomorrow at the owner's meeting.

18. abyzmul

The Jets aren't catering that much. The team has been familiar with this offensive attack since 2007. The just picked up a player that runs it better than any player they have had. It's not like they're changing their culture to bring him here. The brought in an OC and a backup QB who run the WC better than any other in the league.

19. jlee499

jlee499 Member

:up: Could not agree more!

As for the comparisons to Pennington, I welcome all of those, since in my opinion McElroy has all of Pennington's football intelligence. And his being drafted in the 7th round versus Pennington in the 1st is more of an indictment of Alabama's offensive style then anything else.

If given the chance... and the coaching staff ignores the Jet fans, he will have all of you doubters eating your words. If not as a Jet then it will be on another team, but it will happen.

This coming season though... Mark Sanchez will be our starter.

20. NotSatoshiNakamoto

He's on the Bucs now.