All things Revis

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Royal Tee, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I was at the Tampa Bay game last night, saw him every chance i got and he did look agitated. Doesnt seem to be playing with that fire he used to have, which is understandable since that team is beyond horrible. There were Fire Schiano chants every chance the crowd got to yell it.

I think this experience is humbling him, yeah he has his money now but he isnt winning like he was before. I think it bothers him more than u guys think. I wouldnt be surprised if they cut bait with him when that new regime comes in. Not that he playing bad, because he isnt at all. Its just that its ridiculous when u pay a QB 16 mil a year let alone a CB, in a zone scheme nonetheless.

2. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

Oh and looking back u make that trade 10 time out of 10, who knows if the Jets just pick Milliner at 9 and we miss out on Sheldon completely. Im so glad things worked out they way they did. I would like to think that if we got 2014 pick in return for Revis we still wind up with Sheldon at 9 instead but u never kno.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

They're more likely to work out a fire sale trade for a 4th round pick in the first few days of the new league year and break even on picks next year overall.

I doubt they'll do either though. I think Revis is going to be on the Bucs next year and then they'll make a decision before year 3. If Revis is back and completely healthy they might well get a 2nd and a later pick out of some team going into 2015.

4. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Revis is too good for any new GM to simply abandon when he has him under contract for several years. Idzik was faced with an entirely different situation in which he was going to lose him for nothing and had to trade him.

the only reasonable solution is to either try and trade him immediately or keep him and in turn increase his trade value. but the team isn't winning anything next year anyways so the $16 million isn't enough reason to simply cut him and get nothing in return after giving up so much to get him, so he will be a Buc.

even though any new GM didn't give up those picks, he still gets the team who those picks were a cost to and he has to still value that cost with the player they got in return.

5. Br4d

This is all true, however the other responsibility the new GM has is not to spend the owner's money unwisely. I think a new GM might decide to try to recoup some of the value given up for Revis and save the owners a good $13M a year in the process.

It's going to be an interesting riddle for whoever is driving things next year.

6. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I want to see this guy in green and white again. Revis with this d-line would just... be... incredible...

7. Br4d

Andy Dalton would have destroyed the Jets yesterday with Revis on the field. The victim would have been Cromartie instead of Milliner and Walls.

45-3? Revis played in that game.

8. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

45-3 was Tom Brady. we would have lost yesterday no matter who we had but it certainly wouldn't have been as bad w/ the best player in franchise history.

9. TNJet

TNJet Well-Known Member

I hope Revis gets traded to the Rams. Back with Schotty and Kellen.

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

So, Revis now says that he was physically incapable of playing press man-to-man earlier in the season because he was still recovering from the injury. Real nice of him to not say that as Schiano and Sheridan were being crucified. Very classy fellow.

11. Jetfan76

Jetfan76 Well-Known Member

12. kevmvp

kevmvp Well-Known Member

13. Diddy

Diddy Active Member

I would want $16 million too, with no state taxes

14. section134

section134 Active Member

Revis

tampa just fired the hc and gm

the question about revis is if he is on tampa at start of free agency march 12 the jets get tampa's third round pick which is about the 5th in the 3rd round------if he is cut by their new gm to save the 16m jets get tampa's pick in 4th round and maybe we can sign revis for 10m and get tampa's 4th round pick-----I have no idea how revis played this year

do we want tampa's 3rd round pick or tampa's 4th round pick plus revis

15. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

dear God.

until Revis is cut this isn't even remotely Jets news. he is about as relevant to the Jets as a possible addition as any player on any team that just fired their coach.

you have to really stretch to try and argue that he is likely to be cut just because there will be a new GM and coach.

16. Dom

Dom Well-Known Member

the problem with this whole situation is i literally have NO CLUE what will happen. the new GM has no commitment to revis and if he cuts him, there is no penalty. revis is one of, if not the best CB in football so that's why i lean towards they don't cut him

even if they do, would he come to the jets? i feel like he misses it here, but there might be some bad blood and he's about to enter his 8th season if im correct

17. Toon is God

Toon is God Active Member

It doesn't matter. He'd take $10,000,001 in Jax over 10 mil in New York. Me$vis

18. JCLA

JCLA Active Member

He's a great player but do we really want to deal with the near holdouts after every season?

19. JetsVilma28

JetsVilma28 Well-Known Member

He would have to crawl back. $16mil is not worth it. Please see offense.

20. soxxx

soxxx Trolls

Revis is likely to get cut or traded IMO. The new GM will see the success the Jets obtained by removing him and the contract from the roster.

Im not suggesting he will be back in NY but I think he will likely get cut and perhaps resigned by the Bucs or a different team. His value has dropped off and is no longer worth 16 million, the market for a CB isnt that higher especially with Cromartie potentially restructuring, im not sure who the other high paying corners even are anymore?