ALL THINGS REVIS - Official Thread - Deal Signed - Thread Locked

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

The Revis situation is a tough one regardless. He knows the JETS need him a little more than he needs the JETS. In Revis' corner lies the possibility to become a FA in 5 years and if he proves himself, demand Champ Bailey type bank. For a 6 year deal, he risks losing that Dre Bly, Nate Clements move that he may opt for if shit hits the fan.

In the JETS corner, we must be offering him a substantially large contract, monetarily. It's no secret we went to #14 out of nowhere for a reason. Revis should see what he can do contract wise, to make a deal ASAP. He's not only hurting himself, but he's hurting the team. Mangini is a solid secondary minded man who wants this kid on the field learning the plays and getting ready for the season. It's only the beginning of camp, but the longer he waits the worse it looks.

My prediction, Revis signs before the end of this weekend.

2. NYSackXchange

NYSackXchange Active Member

fear what? Our front office is trying to rewrite the book. Take notice, the other teams did 5 year deals. I think were going into a new era where we will have difficult signings. This kendall thing will hurt us in the long run, especially if players perception is that kendall took a paycut with the belief he would be rewarded the following year. I think players will not be so flexible with our front office in the future.

3. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Come on those Knuckle heads said Kendall was an Pro bowl caliber guard. No way we should ban them.

I can not wait to see their opinion on all the other Jet players, the Jets should have 12-15 All-Pro's based on their talent evaluation criteria.

4. ScotsJet

ScotsJet Active Member

So if Revis goes back in the draft, is he going to be looking for a 4 year deal next time around? Otherwise he's as well taking the 6 this year, because that will end the same time a 5-year deal for next year's top pick does...

What if he can't get 4 years? Will he re-enter and seek a 3-year deal?

5. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

Re-entering the draft wouldn't make any sense. He will lose a lot of money and nobody is going to draft him in the 1st round. He could sign a 4 year deal (if he gets drafted in the 2nd round) that way, but he's gonna lose a lot of money. It's not an option.

6. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

A good friend of mine and I are huge football fans. I'm with the JETS, obviously, and he is with the Broncos. He just sent me this, below, knowing what's going on right now. Bullshit. That's what's going on right now, bullshit.

We need Revis on the field soon!

"Broncos defensive backs John Lynch, Nick Ferguson, Domonique Foxworth and Jeff Shoate were on their way to have Chinese food Saturday for one last meal before training camp started. As they headed to the players' parking lot at Dove Valley, cornerback Dr? Bly arrived, ready to report for his first season in Denver.

His new secondary mates invited him along. Bly hurriedly went to his locker and ran back out to the parking lot. All five players piled into Bly's SUV and off they went.

"The guys quickly accepted me," Bly said. "Stuff like that happens all the time. We're already a family. We've already clicked."

TEAMWORK….get Revis to learn that word"

7. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

This is getting way out of hand now. I was away this weekend and come to find out today he is STILL not signed? Come on, Vilma as the 12th pick got a 5-year deal, and everyone around Revis got a 5-year deal...

Pretty frustrating for a guy who is supposed to contribute very much in the secondary...

8. KOZ

KOZ Totally Addicted

You got me excited- alot of times for some reason our friend in FL is the first reason to get breaking news posted. Was hoping to hear that the douchebag had signed.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

My sources are blowing up my phone every 5 minutes with text messages and voice mails on the Revis situation...:beer:

10. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

any new updates then???

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't forget to affix the hammer and sicle in the correct spot on the petition.

12. JetTerp

JetTerp Member

I remember sitting one row in front of Revis's agent during the draft, and overhearing the news from him and his crew on their cell phones, just minutes prior to us trading up to take Revis. They seemed thrilled about being selected, but mostly being picked by the Jets. Gary Myers was all over it, and they set up an appointment to interview Revis right next to where I was sitting.

Now this is before the whole Kendall thing, and I am hoping each situation is treated seperately.....but it seemed like the agents were excited to be working with Mr. T and crew. It makes me think the front office might be flexing a bit too hard here. I say this as I am HUGE Tanny supporter, and I think he has the teams best interests at heart here. However, nothing I read seems to say that Revis is holding out for anything outragious. We might not have all the facts here, but from what I read, locking him up for 6 years does not seem to be an option.

Fitz

13. akibud

akibud Active Member

I am a little surprised that the human side of most of us is not able to see that Revis is going to work for the Jets. To us, its football, and we are Jets fans. But to him, it is his job and his livelihood. Not many of us would be desperate enough to take a job for less money than our peers are getting to do the same job. I know this isn't a more money less money issue but its his job.

I do hope once he is signed, that everyone on here will accept him with open arms and let bygones be bygones.

14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Revis is not a Jets player yet. He's not part of the team. Whether you like it or not thats the way it is right now. The Jets have the right to sign him, not the rights to his soul. We all want him out on the field, but thats not really his concern right now. Put yourself in his shoes and try to understand why he's doing it as opposed to assuming he's not a team player.

15. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

anything??

16. Scikotic

Scikotic Banned

nope ( filler)

17. NYJ 13A

NYJ 13A New Member

I'm now anxiously waiting for the day, hopefully in the foreseeable future, that Revis signs and we can stop worrying about it. There is a warehouse full of debate going on about the Kendall situation, but it doesn't seem to be as much of a factor, given that Clark among others are being prepared to play at G. We need Revis to learn the D and be with his future team ASAP. It's only hurting the team until he's on the field with them.

18. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I know it's redundant, but here is a tidbit from Cimini...

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/f...007-08-01_no_revis_means_its_miller_time.html

19. PMCRW

PMCRW New Member

GRRRRRRRR....:mad:

20. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.