ALL THINGS REVIS - Official Thread - Deal Signed - Thread Locked

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by klecko73, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. winstonbiggs

winstonbiggs 2008/2009 TGG Bill Parcells "Most Respected" Award

You really think if Brady saw Revis lined up against Moss week 1 he wouldn't be licking his chops?

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

Well, so far he hasn't made a dime, so you're sucking wind my friend!:rofl:

3 Hours 'till Jets football!:jets:

3. vinsjets

vinsjets Active Member

:rofl:

is revis signed yet?

4. Section 227. Row 5

Now? After missing 13 days and 17 practices? Uhhh..... yeah, good chance...

5. winstonbiggs

Some how I don't think training camp would even figure into the equation if Brady saw a rookie lined up on Moss he is going at him.

6. Section 227. Row 5

Of course it figures into the equation, but are you saying you never held out the slightest bit of hope that Revis might have been capable of starting had he been here since Day One?

7. DaBallhawk

DaBallhawk Well-Known Member

stop bothering. there are some people in here that really try to turn everything around by saying stuff like "oh he would not have helped us out anyway so who cares if he's here or not. he would have sucked. backup at best. he kinda sucked in college too."

and once the kid is signed they will start jumping on the bandwagon once again. "ohhhh reeeevis with the PICKKKKK!!! MY MANNN!!"

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Ummm, who said that?

Don't try misrepresenting what people are logically arguing, simply because you don't have a decent counter-argument of your own to stand on.

The fact is, Revis wants what the Jets aren't willing to give. Even if the Jets gave him what he wanted, there is as good a chance he wouldn't be a starting until midway through the season as there would be of him starting game 1.

No one is here with the thinking that "who cares, he couldn't help anyway." That would be stupid. The only guy in the entire NFL that I wouldn't want on the team, regardless of how much he might improve the overall ability on the team is Terrell Owens. Otherwise, ANY guy that can help us is welcome on the team.

Everyone wants Revis in camp. It's just that some of us actually realize there just might be a damn good reason he isn't.

9. Section 227. Row 5

All I know is, I'm ready for a couple of beers, a little dinner and then some Jets football. It's Friday guys, chill out and pop a few!

2 Hours and 35 Minutes 'till kickoff!

10. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Damn straight bro! I can't wait!

Jets on, with the Yankees in PiP, and a cold beer in hand!

As much as it sucks when summer starts coming to an end, it is also a joyous time!

11. winstonbiggs

I happen to like our Defensive backfield, I think it's one of the stronger units on the team. Could he help sure he could but I don't view or defensive backfield as holding this team back, it's the OL and the QB.

12. Section 227. Row 5

That doesn't answer my question even though I answered yours.

But that's okay because it's Friday night and I've had a few beers, had some dinner, got the TV on and now could give two shits what the hell we were even talking about in the first place. Besides, Brady can kiss my ass.

5 minutes to kickoff, gentlemen! Are you ready for some football?

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Actually, you didn't. You added your own conditions to his question.

#473 abyzmul, Aug 10, 2007
    Last edited: Aug 10, 2007
  14. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

I'm a big MT supporter, but he is still new to the GM business. As a capologist, he's making the right move, but he's NOT a capologist anymore. If he had a GM breathing down his neck he'd bend a little and get something done. Love hime or hate him, but Bradway and those before him worked a balance between stubborn penny pinching and getting guys in camp.

Yes, MT is being stubborn on this one. Now that all the other guys are signed it's rediculous to ask Revis to take a 6 year deal. We snoozed and the market is now set. 5 years, period. Revis and his agent would look like fools if they took a 6 year deal at this point.

Again, I like Tanny, but his bluff got called and he's got jack of diamonds queen of clubs. Leave you ego at the door and get this kid into camp. Sure, Washington had a nice KR, but with Miller ailing, Revis could be huge for us on ST, much less at CB.

15. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

5 or 6 years it doesn't matter , after 4 his contract will be ripped up anyway in this day and age.

After watching last nights game There is a positive coming out of this , we got alot more time to see what else we have in the team.
    Sure Revis will make the team better , but hes not here and we move on. Without Revis' input we are lacking in real quality at CB and might have to end up going by commitee on that one.

16. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I think last night's game showed how much we need Revis. We still can't put any pressure on the QB whether it's first, second or third string. Nothing has changed from last year and as a result the CBs are going to be more important then ever.

17. winstonbiggs

Good CB will get torched if the line can't pressure the QB. Overpaying for defensive backfield help because you can't get pressure on the QB is wasting money.

18. gustoonarmy

gustoonarmy 2006-2007 TGG.com Best International Poster of the

Kimo springs to mind , BT needs help on that side. If BT can start the way he finished we are going to improve the secondary. DRobs latter season form which he looks to be carrying on will also help heeps.

19. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

I totally agree but that seems to be the way they decided to fix the problem. They did nothing to get pass rushers in the off season so we are stuck with trying to improve the secondary now.

20. winstonbiggs

The team made several moves to try and beef up the front 7 which should allow us to free up bodies to pressure the QB. The play of both lines wasn't particularly inspiring last night but I wouldn't be very concerned at this point. The first 2 pre-season games are pretty much the NFL version of the Gong show.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.