All the things you said the Jets would do well, they did none. No smack, just reality

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Totodestroyer, Oct 13, 2009.

1. xxedge72x

xxedge72x 2018 Gang Green QB Guru Award Winner

The truth is the strength of our team played awful and we still lost with 6 seconds left to go in the game.

The Dolphins are vastly better than people have been giving credit for, but I'm definitely glad the Jets get another crack at them in a few weeks since I don't see this game as proof that the Dolphins are better.

2. GreenHornet

GreenHornet New Member

OK, fair enough with the post. Yes, we said some things, no doubt. We had reason to based on the way we had looked thus far. Last week our rookie QB had to eat a huge helping of Humble Pie. This week, I think our D certainly has the bitter taste of a few slices.

I would rather get these kind of games over with early in the year like we have because I think it primes a team for the rest of the season.

I know we lost, but I really think it was one of the better Monday night games I have ever seen.

I have to congratulate your team on a hard faught victory. I don't think the Dolphins walked off the field thinking it was an easy win by any means; they had to earn the victory, but they did.

See you in 3 weeks. We have to mangle the Bills and then fuck the crap out of the Raiders, first.

#42 GreenHornet, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  3. JeTerps

JeTerps Active Member

Jets v. Dolphins on a Monday night... nobody should have predicted a one sided wins, these games are always competitive and if you don't know that you aren't a Jets OR Dolphins fan.

Look the Jets defense and Rex Ryan got outsmarted and outmuscled last night. Our offense looked very good but we lost the game on the side of the ball that should have been our strength. End of story. See you in 2 weeks in NJ...

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The flippers O-line manned up and dominated the trenches....... was very shocked to see Henne get all that time, and took advantage of some heavy blitzes and open backfields

The Dolphins played with more intensity, better gameplan and earned the victory :shit: :finssuck:

5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I'm amused by some of my fellow Jets fans who are still making fun of the Dolphins offense. They completely manhandled the Jets defense from the first snap to the last, and people are still calling it a "gimmick"? I doubt that Henne will play every game as perfectly as he did this one (for the same reason that Sanchez hasn't played every game as well as he did the Houston one - they're just starting their careers), and the offense does have the major weakness that it is difficult for it to strike quickly (although not impossible, as Ginn showed), but IMO any reaction other than to congratulate the Dolphins for complete domination on offense is ridiculous.

#45 statjeff22, Oct 13, 2009
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2009
  6. flajetfanson

flajetfanson New Member

Because of the classes and tasteless fin fag fans that' why

7. MadBacker Prime

MadBacker Prime THE Dead Rabbit

Clowney had a good game too, maybe we'll get to see more of that.

1 plus out of this is that Mark looked great to me.

In just his 5th NFL start he did everything he was supposed to do. No one thought that it would be the D that lost the game.

8. tpjets62

tpjets62 Member

Our offense rebounded nicely after last weeks mess, now that our defense got popped in the mouth, hopefully its clear to them not to under-estimate anybody. Last weeks loss I could swallow, this one really stings. We need to get this crap out of our system ASAP.

9. fenwyr

fenwyr Active Member

To some of my fellow fans still talking shit in this thread, please give it a rest, it's embarrassing.

Toto's alright in my book. Just for the amazing rarity of getting a decent Phin poster on here, we should give him just a tiny bit of respect.

With that said, the Phin's OL played lights out last night. Yeah, there were a ton of holding calls that could have been called, but that happens every week. I fully expect a different look from our D in 3 weeks.

Congrats on the win Toto. Though I'm confident the outcome will be very different when you come to our house.

10. rmagedon

rmagedon Active Member

I'll give the Dolphins OL their credit when it's clearly due. They played extremely well. People can call the WC a gimmick offense all they want and be annoyed at how much they used it in last night's game, but if they're picking up 7-9 yds everytime they use it, and we can't stop it...why change the play-calling?

The other side of the coin is our Defense looked like complete shit out there. Missed tackles, Revis AND Rhodes getting burnt on a 50+yd PA, etc. was the worst I've ever seen them. Our D is entitled to have bad games which is exactly what this was and we were still winning this game with 2 minutes left to play.

Rex Ryan didn't think twice about calling TO's towards the end of the game to give our O a chance, but I'm not gonna blame him for that. Even tho his D was getting run-over, he was still confident enough that his D could come up with a stop. They didn't and Miami won the game with :06 left.

Like I said, good job by the Dolphins OL and for making plays when it counted, but we're going to get a crack at them once again when they come to the Meadowlands.