Alio's Kick Ass Program

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by AlioTheFool, Jun 8, 2007.

1. -MC-

-MC- Active Member

What HS? West Genesee.

2. Quack

Quack New Member

Ah, still in HS. Thought you were in college. Mah bad.

3. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Here is a question Alio:

I work out because I play football. And I always wanted to start drinking protein drinks, but I also want to lose some weight to gain some speed. Would you recommand drinking protein drinks or not?

4. twinjetfan

twinjetfan New Member

Oh and I composed a personal workout for myself if you want to check it out to see if it is good enough:

Work Out Schedule:

1. Warm up
    a. Stretch
    b. 25 sit-ups
    c. 25 pushups​
    2. Work Out
    a. Jog ? mile to back of neighborhood
    b. Run sprints
    c. Run hills
    d. Doing anything else (different exercises, etc.)
    e. Jog ? mile back home, sprint last leg​
    3. Cool Down
    a. Walk around yard, driveway, etc.
    b. Stretch
    c. Eat breakfast (fruits, granola bars, etc)​

5. jkgrandchamp

jkgrandchamp Member

Well me and the wifey went grocery shopping and are giving it a try Ill let u know how it works out . I know I can affoard to lose a few pounds ..

6. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

Good stuff Alio...

As most of you know I used to be a physical disaster till last may... I'm 168 down from 252.... The most important key to any diet program is exercise... there's no magic diet that allows you not to exercise and lose weight (well maybe Crack... never seen a fat crackhead) but I wouldn't recomend it...

Good luck to all who are trying to lose weight...

7. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Hmmm, you ask a very good question twin.

There've always been people who tell you to guzzle the protein drinks to try to increase the muscle mass. Does it work? Eh, I don't really know. The vast majority of the places where I've researched have said "Don't bother." If you're eating smart in the first place, there really should be no need to supplement your diet. (The one supplement that I agree with is the one bammf had been discussing. Omega-3 fatty acids. We Americans don't get nearly enough, since we don't eat much fish. This stuff is very important to keeping your cardiovascular system healthy.)

You're already running a good exercise program, so there's not much modification you can do to it to improve the results. Perhaps some more longer sprints? I know you said you're already doing them during your workout, but I'll ask you what you're actually doing.

If you're doing, say, 10 x 50 yards, maybe switch it to 8 x 100. Something else you should also keep in mind, vary your reps. If you do 8x100 today, do 6x100 tomorrow, then 10 x 50 the day after. Remember, you want your body to undergo a different, even if slightly, routine every day, so that it doesn't just get to a point where it's "used to" the routine. At that point, your body stops "evolving." (This is key for football players. You're never running the same routes repeatedly, so you want your body prepared for the varying workload you'll be on during a game.)

I'd like to introduce another comparison here. Construction workers. My father was a contruction guy his entire life. He never "exercised" but if not for smoking, he would still be here today, and in incredible shape. Construction workers have the ultimate workout routine. Every day they do lots of lifting, but it is never the same routine twice. This keeps their bodies in good shape, simply because it can never "get used" to it's "program." It's just like the hunter.

If you're looking to shed a few pounds, I would definitely skip the protein drinks. No sense in adding more calories to your diet. The only way to lose weight is to burn more calories in each 24 hour period than you intake.

You may not need to lose weight though. How much of your weight is body fat? If you have a significant amount of body fat, then you just need to convert that weight to muscle. (Obviously not all of it, you do still need some body fat to live, but getting into the single digit range is great.)

Here's another tip for your particular program. I noticed you said you eat breakfast after your entire workout. I basically do the same thing, however, I do have my coffee first. When you work out, your metabolism immediately spikes, but even more key, your "glycemic response" spikes. Basically, your body is looking for sugar. That's why you'll see so many people drink their "smoothies" after a workout. Your body is looking for that sugar to immediately burn.

Why don't you pop an apple or banana before you get started. That should burn up right away thanks to the glycemic response, and your body won't be trying to feed off itself during the workout. You don't want to have your metabolism attacking your muscles looking for a quick fix. You want your muscles solely concentrated on the work at hand. Then just adjust your breakfast to what you're actually hungry for post-workout.

(Now I want to disclaim this suggestion as total *theory* on my part. The glycemic response is factual, but I don't know how the apple would affect anything. If you have a fitness expert to speak to, get some advice first. Don't ask at GNC though, they're going to want you to pickup some protein powder, so you're not going to get honest advice. Always consider the source. :wink:

Remember too, I'm far from an expert myself. I've been doing this for the past 6 months. There's people who've received degrees in this stuff. I don't even compare to their knowledge. Like I said, consider the source.)

I hope some of this helps.

8. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Thanks bro.

Dude, that's an awesome amount of weight to have lost! Good work!

You're absoluely right. There is no magic pill/diet that will make it all disappear overnight.

Except, as you said, the Crack diet. That one works, extremely well. However, it has the side effect of losing weight in teeth, brain surface area, and your wallet. It's sort of a "last resort" diet, and should only be conducted under the careful supervision of your pimp.

9. Kris 15

Kris 15 Well-Known Member

Very good writeup. I used a few of those practicies (specifically 1, 2, 4 and 5) last year and lost about 25 pounds through the first 8 months of the year. From 230 down to about 205 now. I haven't worked out much at all since then, and haven't put any of it back on. Didn't know about the HFCS stuff though, good info. Now I am in the process of trying to build muscle. I really don't want to lose any more weight though. Again, great work Alio!

10. plasticsloth

plasticsloth Well-Known Member

i just realized this but, fresca is a great tasting soda with no sugar and no high fructose corn syrup. So i was just putting that out as an option to those who might not want to totally give up on soda. What do u think alio ro anybody else with knowledge of this?

11. Mantana Soss

Mantana Soss Active Member

Fresca is just another diet soda... actually a pretty good one. I don't know what combination of Splenda, Acesulfame K, and Aspartame it contains though. But contrary to a certain long post, it's perfectly fine, safe, and dandy to drink.

Of course, water should always be #1.

12. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Figgin great! :up:

And for those who are weening their way off of soda....
    There is a Drink called "Ice" or now.."Talking Rain Ice".
    I used to be addicted to soda and now drink this.
    It's only 5 calories and has 1g of Carbs=0%
    It's a Carbonated flavored warter drink made with splenda and they actually taste good.
    I've brought them to a few JETS games and people go, "What is this".
    I've only found them @ Costco but give em a shot.

I've also been using splenda for years now and will never go back.

13. ollie

ollie Right Wing NutJob

I never stopped the soda... I always drank diet anyway... But now I've switched to this Coke Zero stuff and the weight is still comming off... I guess soda is a person to person thing

14. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

I was using dumbells throughout the mets game until I quit watching. pretty sore now anyway.

I also do a lot of stairs and use a power twister.

15. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

:lol: like I posted, I was just doing that!

interesting coincidence.

16. Yisman

Yisman Newbie

fresca tricks people because it's the only soda I know of where the primary brand is diet. They also make Citra (the non-diet version), but that's not nearly as popular.

I like Fresca, but it has some interesting ingredients in there. Besides for the artificial sweetener aspartame, it also has ingredients like Acesulfame potassium, Acacia, Glycerol ester of wood rosin ,Brominated vegetable oil, and Carob bean gum.

17. ukilledkenny

ukilledkenny You bastards!

that work out routine you have laid out there is very nice Alio. I did my own versions of both yesterday and I'm sore as hell today.

It feels good though. I love how its split session. It feels like I hardly spent anytime working out yesterday, but my body is telling me otherwise.

Once again thanks for posting all that information you have definitely done a fair amount of research in these last six months, thanks for sharing it with all of us.

18. Jtuds

Jtuds Active Member

Alright I Am gonna have to give this a try.....still haven't gotten thru all of it yet tho...

19. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

A little bit of info about Splenda (produced by our good pal Woody's family of companies.)

http://www.truthaboutsplenda.com/factvsfiction/index.html

Hey, if you like your soda with a touch of chlorine, be my guest.

My point about soda wasn't so much that it puts weight on, but rather that the substances contained within, namely HFCS, are disgusting for the human body to have to process. If you choose to drink it, feel free. I posted the information, and you guys can make your own decisions.

20. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Great work man! My exercise program is designed specifically to promote muscle growth (albeit with the possible loss of stamina and/or strength.) It just depends whether you're looking for a nice "beach body" or you want to condition your body for other activity. Me personally, I'm concerned with how I look. I'm not actively playing any sports these days, so a "beach body" is all I really care about.
    --------------------

Given that it lacks HFCS, I'd be more apt to put it in my body than regular soda. However, I have no desire to drink soda anymore. I've had a couple sodas this year already, and it only serves to make me far more thirsty, so it provides me nothing. I enjoy water now, so that's good enough for me.

Plus my nightly glass of vino. :wink:
    --------------------

Sure, if you don't mind putting chemically created compounds into your body, it's fine. Like I said, people can do what they want. I posted my entire research at the top of the thread. From there, it's up to the individual to make an informed decision one way or the other.

You don't have to agree with me. I posted what I've "learned." Whether it is right or wrong is subject to review. As the above notes about Splenda show, however, it's not necessarily the rosy picture J&J would like to paint.
    ---------------------

*shrug* Sounds fine. Does it cure thirst though? I see no reason to drink something that doesn't quench my thirst. It contains Splenda though, so I'd probably never consider it. To each his own though. At least it lacks HFCS.
    --------------------------------

Cool! That's what I'm talking about. Get the exercise while watching tv. You're not doing anything else anyway, so there's no reason not to!
    ----------------------------

Mmmmm, delicious!
    ---------------------------

Awesome! So what did you change? I'm always curious to hear what other people are doing. Sharing information can only make each of us stronger in the long run.

The split time is great IMO as well. Spending 10 minutes here, 10 minutes there, and you get a full workout program, without the drawbacks. And since you can do this all in your living room, there's really no excuse not to do it.

No problem on the sharing man. I'm glad it's helping people. I'm looking forward to seeing the progress everyone makes. Keep up the good work!