ALDS - Yankees vs Tigers

Discussion in 'Baseball Forum' started by AMJets, Sep 29, 2011.

1. CONN-JET.2.0.3.

CONN-JET.2.0.3. Active Member

FUCK MY LIFFFFFFFFFFE. I was seriously about to knock someone the fuck out at the bar tonight. Yankees are usually my feel good team to root for. This wasn't supposed to happen.....fuck

2. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

As if there was any fuckn doubt as to who the last out will be. Fuck fuck fuck Arod.

3. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

WOOOO!!! Down go the fucking Yankees!!!

I know the solution!!! Let's get the payroll to $300M next year! Can't wait for the phone calls to come flying in from the fucktard Yankees fans:

"Get rid ov Tashaira!!! We need ta go get Prince Feelda!!"
    "I tink we should trade CC ta da Maranahs faw king feelix!!"
    "We need ta sign Poohols and make him da DH!"

Glorious.

4. TommyGreen

TommyGreen Trolls

Typical jealous Mets fan. Pathetic.

5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

I'm curious if Cappy could throw together some numbers for me.

What are the odds of having bases loaded 2 or 3 times in a game and not scoring a run with a hit? I know, I know...100% last night but just curious.

6. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

haha...you mean like Sabathia is about to do? I'm sure your boy will give him a new contract for 30 million a year with another out after each season though.

7. IATA

IATA Trolls

The chances C.C. leaves are slim to nil. He going to cash in after a 3rd straight Cy caliber season. C.C. only bails if he gets lowballed and another team blows him away.

As for the Yankees issues...The starting pitching market looks barren.

8. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

[​IMG]

Waahhhh, my $200M+ didn't get it done, I need to go buy better players for next year, waaaaaah

9. IATA

IATA Trolls

your 120 million payroll couldnt even finish above .500

10. LoyalJetsFan

LoyalJetsFan New Member

True, but $21M of that didn't play a single game for us this year.

11. Cappy

Cappy Well-Known Member

Um, that would take more than "throwing together numbers" for it to mean anything... you'd have to consider who was pitching, who was hitting, etc.

In general? For the league? I'd imagine you could just look at the run expectancy charts to figure it out.

I don't blame A-Rod. I blame Hank for giving A-Rod a ten-year contract.

12. ShadeTree#55

ShadeTree#55 Active Member

Great day for humanity. Evil has been put in its place.

13. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

who cares Tommy? at this time next year the yankees will be in the same spot trying for a shot at the world series, the next time the mets see the post season, i'll be dead , that's for sure, and the rest of you will probably be in a chair yelling at your hot in house nurse to help you change your depends adult diapers-lol
    last night sucked huge, but the yanks have given us 10 world series appearances and won 7 of them since '76, so thank you Yankees, the only team you can count on for some true joy in comparison to the rest of the local sports teams. unless you were an islander fan for those 5 cup appearances in a row, and winning 4 of them, or the Giants, ooh i can't stand the giants, but they have gotten it done for their fans so what can you do but hope the Jets start turning it around now.

14. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

number one rule of thumb for me, never get too down over multi-gazillionaire over paid athletes for more than ten minutes.

15. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Elite bats don't always win either. ARod's been an elite bat his whole career, and yet he's truck out in the playoffs 24.9% of his at-bats. Elite pitching is far more important for a team that scores more runs than anyone else in short series.

As for the pitching, they said on the postgame last night that the Bs wouldn't be with the pro club next year. They'll get a full year of triple-A first. I figure Noesi will get a shot, and chances are, AJ has earned himself another shot to be on the back end of the rotation.

What you or I believed was irrelevant to the conversation. The point was that anyone outside of Yankees fandom had multiple reasons to believe the Yankees were getting eliminated.

It's rare I see you talk about Girardi overmanaging. That tells you just how bad it was last night. Though he didn't bother managing other spots.

Yup. It was clear he'd have been pegged long before he got to home.

I could not for the life of me understand why Montero never pinch hit. Martin didn't sniff the ball in the series. You pinch hit for him, especially with the bases loaded!

I'm a Martin fan for his defense and ability to hit reasonably at the bottom of the order, but in an elimination game?!

I blew Twitter up bitching about this last night.

How anyone could say anything about Gardner last night is beyond me. I've given him shit all year, but aside from Posada, Gardner had the best series at the plate on the team.

Swisher is another guy I can't understand not pinch hitting for. He's not great with RISP to begin with, but he was awful all series on top of that!

I started saying this on Twitter last night too. #firegirardi #hirefrancona

Fancona would work wonders with this team. And Jackass Joe could go coach his beloved Cubbies through yet another decade of mediocrity.

Quit crying because we lost? Just because we won a couple of years ago? That's utterly ridiculous and I question your fanhood.

There's no way Rivera doesn't come back. Posada is gone.

Not the ace Verlander was? He pitched great. Even getting around getting majorly squeezed the other night. He gave up a single run last night. The fact that it was the "winning run" ignores that Detroit only scored 3.

Exactly. One run by a jackass.

No he doesn't. I said it a month ago that he needed to start playing every day, yet Joe kept giving him rest. Even ARod said he needed to play more, yet Joe kept giving his at-bats to Chavez and Nunez. That's on Girardi. If you watched ARod's at-bats, he was just late on his swings. It was his timing, and nothing more that was wrong. His swing was fine, and he was clearly playing with energy and no pain. Timing comes from live at-bats, which he was deprived of after returning from two injuries.

Again, the problem was Girardi. There is no defending him at this point.

(FTR, I don't give ARod a pass for his play. He and Tex killed us this October. They were both nothing more than above average gloves. Batting 4th and 5th left a gaping hole in our lineup at a spot we couldn't afford.)

16. Barry the Baptist

Barry the Baptist Hello son, would you like a lolly?

Honestly it sucks for you guys but I don't think any Yankee fan should hold their head down. They had a pretty good season considering there was essentially no starting pitching after CC and given Jeter/Posada and Mo are all in the last years of their great careers they overachieved. The future is bright with Cano/Granderson and Nova. Montero is going to improve and I'm sure there are kids on the farm who will contribute at some point. You still have a great bullpen but obviously there are questions. What happens with CC and Soriano? Does Posada hang it up? There was something about this years loss that doesn't normally have me all happy inside. I will say this, I wasn't rooting for you but I wasn't happy to see you guys lose either.

17. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I'd like the rotation to be CC>Nova>Hughes>Noesi>Burnett (only cause he has to be there). With the B's waiting in the wings for 2013.

18. Rockefella

Rockefella Trolls

It's always a good day when the Yankees season ends. If they win the World Series the city/tri-state has a good vibe. When they lose I get to bathe in the tears of the grieving.

19. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Those that know what's going on with the team know that they actually over-achieved this year. I'm not grieving, I'm jonesin for 2012.

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Im not too crushed today. I htink it was a good season. I htink we played a very good Tiger team. I htought he series was well-played. It came down to a few chances where the Yankees coulndt get a big hit. Its baseball. It happens.

Its not a COLLAPSE or a MELTDOWN or a product of a 500 trillion dollar payroll. Really not much to hang your head low about. Except of course for Arod, Tex and Swisher.

There's no way I would bring back Swisher. NO WAY. Thats the ony change I want to see for sure.