After we release Rex

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Dec 16, 2013.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

yeah, we should bring in bruce Coslet and jay Cutler then all our problems will be solved!

2. BigGreenUgly

BigGreenUgly Well-Known Member

After how Jerry canned his brother Rob....I seriously doubt Rex would go there.......

3. Chrisiue

Chrisiue Well-Known Member

I do not have any problem Idzik giving giving Rex the heave ho, Rex has been involved in many stupid personnel decisions and I do not want to hear about Tannenbaum, he couldn't take a leak without Rex holding it.
    There are many Woodhead, Cotchery gone for Mason, Edwards and Cotchery gone just when Sanchez was starting to look decent, trying to rehabilitate Holmes, a total lost cause and the money they gave him.Ducasse, Stephen Moore, Iprobaby forgot 5 or 6 more stupid decisions besides Ed Reed.
    Last but not least the staid press conferences after scoring 3 offensive points stating the Qb gives us our best chance to win.
    Take away a couple of gift penalties this year and we have about 4 wins.
    As far as change being a problem, 2009 season this team went further in January than they did 17 years prior, who was the coach Rex Ryan, what year was he in HIS 1ST.

4. nyjunc

using that logic I guess he'd love to go to NE since his brother coached there and had a good experience?

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It would mean something, it would mean we made a huge mistake letting a really good HC go. It would mean that we made a huge mistake and once gain set this franchise back towards the ultimate goal of being Super Bowl champs.

Time and time again the Jets have made crucial mistakes that has ultimately set is that far back.

Right now we aren't where we want to be, obviously, but that is to be expected when you are revamping your roster.

I have no doubt in my mind that Rex and the offensive staff are getting the very most out of the players they have. It just looks bad because we made something out of nothing early on, so now people are overreacting like we actually had a roster that could make some noise.

That was never realistic. Ever.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The only crucial mistake that Woody made was when he failed to secure BB when he bought the team. We haven't had a truly first class HC since Parcells quit. Rex has had his moments but there has been no continuity under Rex. It's been a revolving door of OC's since he got here.

The Jets have a roster that's not that good but it goes against rosters that are not that good every week.

7. nyjunc

that wasn't Woody's fault, that was BPs fault and unless BB still gets Brady he would have been a failure here too.

8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i dont see a guy like bellichick taking a type a personality like rex. then again rob ended up in new orleans so i guess anything is possible.

9. Trip McNealy

Trip McNealy Member

1. He's not going to New England and 2. You're giving Rex way too much credit.

10. VaBchJet

VaBchJet Active Member

This is the exactly the case against Rex that I see. And this is why moving on is in the best interests of the team. Too many blowout losses against the same level of talent. The Browns are still ballin with their talent and we may get blown out by them because they can score points. Rex's defense will get punished next Sunday, and Miami has something to play for. It's over move on and clean house.

11. Organized Chaos

Organized Chaos Well-Known Member

I think this is where he will be headed. Gruden gets paid $4 million a year to do MNF and other assorted media stuff. Rex is getting paid $7.5 to coach. At some point why not just become a talking head for less money and not deal with the BS?

The only problem with this is I think football is really in Rex's blood. I'm not sure if he could deal with just being in the booth.

12. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

The Jet defense sucks and the offense sucks and Rex hasn't had a winning season since 2010. Unless hes in NY, theres no chance he's ahead coach in 2014. None.

This notion that other teams are pining for Rex is so fuckin ridiculous.

13. CaneJet

CaneJet Well-Known Member

After last year I thought Rex had shot his wad and should have been fired. At the beginning of this year I was open minded about it. At the bye I was cautiously optimistic but not in favor of extending him. During the three game losing streak I read that book about the 2011 season and became convinced of his head-coaching incompetence.

Now after two slightly better games and some reflection, what I want is whatever Idzik wants. Tannenbaum didn't supervise Rex, he enabled him. Rex needs a supervisor and Idzik needs to be that. I don't want Idzik to keep Rex if he doesn't think Rex is the man for the job. I don't want Idzik to fire Rex against his better judgement to appease the public either. He needs to general manage as he sees fit. When he fails we can start crucifying him.

The biggest frustration is that we won't know why Idzik will have made his decision. We'll only be able to cheer or boo the fallout.

Pete Carroll's success in Seattle is encouraging. There's another defensive-minded coach who was able to learn and who is also full of himself. Idzik worked with him OK.

14. Geno007

Geno007 Well-Known Member

I hope NE would get him and comeback and kill us. With the talent we have no way Rex should lose his job.

15. MK1

MK1 Member

ALL I CAN SAY IS WOW. Plenty of idiots still around :rofl::rofl:

16. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I can see rex going to Tampa. With that defensive talent, a healthier Revis next year and Rex it could be the best D in the NFL. Add in some offensive talent like Doug Martin and Jackson and if Glennon is close to below average Rex could make them a SB contender.

17. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

Why would Bill want Rex? Bill is a HOF HC and runs just as good of a Defense. Plus Bill would make Rex kiss his rings and his ass.

18. CurbYourEnthusiasm

CurbYourEnthusiasm Well-Known Member

I'd bet anything Jerry Jones would scoop him up in 5 minutes.

19. BigGreenUgly

His brother was never HC of the Jets.....

20. BigGreenUgly

And who cares where the F he goes..?