After watching tonight game...

Discussion in 'Tebowmania' started by Jetnad, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Bannon

Bannon New Member

That's one of the things that is weird about Tebow's game. He doesn't hit (or often attempt) the throws that pump up a typical quarterback's completion percentage. And those short throws (in terms of air yards) have a very low correlation with winning anyway.

So far he completes under 50% of his passes, but he has the game effect of a quarterback who throws for a higher %, like probably 55% or so. (That number is just made up, to illustrate my point).

2. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Don't forget the two perfect throws that were dropped. That one that was almost ruled a fumble but overturned. That was the perfect 3 step and hit it across the middle right in the receiver's chest kinda throw that people say he can't make. The other was the throw to the sideline shortly after that went right through the receiver's arms. I know drops are just things all qb's have to deal with, but it hurts his perception. Add that to the throw aways (which were smart), the two bad screens and the deep miss to Hill and i've heard from local radio guys that he was AWFUL... and from some around here validating that he should even be cut! Personally, i'll take what Tebow did over a pick 6 ANY day of the week.

3. Potzer

Potzer New Member

^^ Dangerous statement there.

JINX incoming with 2 pick sixes next week.

4. Bannon

Bannon New Member

I know you're not disagreeing with me, but I took account of all that in seeing only 3 "bad throws." None of the above were bad throws, and I think his completion percentage would have been fine in a full game.

5. TTTTebowAndTheJets

Just backing you up :beer:

6. VanderbiltJets

VanderbiltJets Active Member

(some of) Ya'll got trolled by a Gonad...