After seeing the direction the FO went...we should get

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Apr 30, 2006.

1. Buttle

Buttle New Member

I agree with we did not improve at all outside of the OL. Excellent post. :)

Although I can't help but be excited about Clemens. I just don't which scouting report to believe about Clemens. I see some scouts saying he has a strong arm while others say he has a weak arm, and Jaworski said he has a cannon arm. Who to believe? In the Meadowlands we really need a QB with an above average arm. I hope the strong armed people are right and that the FO is right about Clemens and he is the QB of the future.

#21 Buttle, Apr 30, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 18, 2005
  2. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

What are you smoking?

The statement means that he will be a top 3 pick next year and we will have a top 3 pick. Plus we have no QB on this team to hang our hopes on. Chad will next be what we had hoped and no one believes in Ramsey, plus this pick is nothing more than a cheaper Chad.

Brady Q. plays in a good offense with a good coach and will be a polished QB that could start from day one. Plus he will excite the fans. After this coming year fans will be looking for some excitement.

3. ANJI

ANJI New Member

As things stand right now, it will probably be a fight between the jets, texans and titans for number1 overall.

4. luvdemjets1998

luvdemjets1998 New Member

You're just asking for some personal attacks.

5. Boom Dawg

Boom Dawg New Member

With Clemens i dont see arm strength being a problem......Like i've said ive watched him play a number of times and he can throw a deep ball with accuracy.

6. NYJ_Pogmothoin

NYJ_Pogmothoin New Member

This shows how the number of posts means nothing when it comes to football knowledge.

7. JetsFan

That is what I'm saying. And after a QB nightmare I feel we will have yet agian, the fans will want a sure thing at QB next year. Brady Q

8. odessa14

odessa14 Banned

Tell me if where grooming Clemons for the future and if we have a top 3 pick next year, why do we draft Quinn? God damn people can be idiots.

9. JetsFan

Because just like NO who signed McCallister to a $60 million dollar contract last year but still signed Bush this year, you don't pass up a shooting star. If we get 4 or less wins this year and are in a position to get Brady in next years draft we will!

We have three guys fighting for a starting job at QB this year and not one of them could start on any other team in the NFL this year.

10. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

This is the last of these threads i can be bothered to post in.

Look - outside of the first two rounds the chances o0f us getting rookies capable of starting in the positions that were of need for us (LB, DT) are so slim that u cannot possibly bank on it. We addressed our biggest need in round 1 with 2 great players and we picked up an extra 2nd round pick next year and got the QB propsect we wanted. Anything else is just gravy.

We are a team in rebuilding mode, not 2 starting rookies away from a SB run

11. odessa14

odessa14 Banned

And since known of our QB's could never start on another NFL team, thats why the Vikings wanted Clemans and we stole him from them.

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Not even a prayer of getting Quinn next season. Based on the draft and offseason the Jets have had so far I think 6 to 7 wins is the floor for this team next year. It's still a rebuilding project in the works but now we're down to a handful of questions (QB, RB, NT) as opposed to the handful of answers (LB, DB, K) that we had before the draft.

13. ANJI

ANJI New Member

Please, Day one is for starters. That includes round three, you just ca't expect the high profile postions to be there, which is way you try and get those in your first two picks.

14. Nesquik

Nesquik Well-Known Member

I they draft Brady Quinn i will be pissed there is no way , i mean they cant be that dumb, trading down , then trading back up to get a backup no thats stupid.They get the guy in the avi, our only hope.

15. AMJets

AMJets Well-Known Member

The only people who are furious with this draft are people that will always be darksiders no matter what the Jets do. As pathetic as that may seem, those type of people post on this board, and it's quite sad.

16. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

Look at last years draft, look at the number of round 3 picks that started 16 games then come back to me.

17. asscue35

asscue35 New Member

No Improvement except O line?

I guess if we improve our o line , we improve our running game, we also improve our completions since our QB will be standing and delivering passes and not getting sacked like was the case last season.If our offense stays on the field longer and scores more often, our D gets the chance to rest and stay fresh.So how did we just improve the O line and neglect the other positions? Do you see how the O line and the offense has an overall effect on the whole team?

18. jetsfan119

jetsfan119 New Member

sorry jetsfan but I think you're wrong, the Jets are very high on clemens, as they should be he is a very good player and he does have a strong arm, jaworski even said he may be better then the top 3 in this draft someday. I think next year the Jets will select Adrian Peterson because RB is going to be really weak for the jets, maybe they will package their first and one or two of their second rounders to get the pick to get peterson because I think the Jets will be 7-9 this year

19. Lunatic

Lunatic New Member

Sorry, but there is next to no chance we go with Brady Quinn, the drafting of Clemens sealed that. Barring a death or serious injury we are stuck with Kellen Clemens as our franchise for at least the next two years, for better or worse.

Man did seeing a picture of Adrian Peterson just cheer me up. Barring a miralce from Houston or Washington, this guy needs to be at the top of our radar next year, and we will probably be in an excellent position to get him, I feel better already.....

20. KY_Jetsfan

KY_Jetsfan New Member

Bingo!!! We have a winna winna chicken dinna.