After 1st round players Spotlight

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just don't see a chance that guy plays with a low enough pad level to play in the league at that height and weight. He needs to drop 40 pounds to be quick enough and at his weight it's nearly impossible to get his shoulders under defensive tackles enough fast enough to be effective.

Reminds me of Max Jean-Gilles back in the day from Georgia. I know PFR generously lists him at 325, but he was 355 at the combine and I remember him being closer to 370 when he was at Georgia. Just simply wasn't quick enough to do it in the big leagues.

REVISion likes this.
  2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Spotlight 13

Earnest Jones OLB (Will)
    6-2 230lbs
    Estimated draft round 6-UDFA

[​IMG]

Analysis: all gas no breaks player perfect for saleh's D. undersized Will LBer who plays hard and tough and great against the run. not the most athletic and wouldn't expect man coverage from him, but can play in a zone with good suddenness. very smart player high motor and good teammate.

3. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 14

K.J. Britt OLB (Will)
    6-0 239lbs
    Estimated draft round 7-UDFA

[​IMG]

Analysis: Old school 2 down downhill Lber who brings toughness to the field. lays it out on the line every play and always looks to lay the wood. Not a great tackler and undersized and not very athletic but he should be a solid depth guy and good special teamer and good lockeroom guy for saleh.

4. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 15

Thomas Graham Jr CB
    5-11 197lbs
    Estimated draft round 4-6

[​IMG]

Analysis: Slot Zone CB with good speed (4.5) and great instincts. Opted out of 2020 but in 2019 had 21 pass breakups and 3 INTs. Willing tackler who will stick his nose in and drive on WRs. Displays good route recognition and reflexes. could be a good flyer CB for out zone system

ouchy likes this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Graham in the 4th would be a great pick. But I'd still want to grad a higher CB as well.

6. GasedAndConfused

i'm not as down on our CBs as some. I like bless, guidry, and hall. all 3 showed potential. we could bring back poole as well. Depends how the draft falls but without us improving the o-line in FA and likely taking a QB at 2 I think CB maye have to wait a year for a high pick. o-line is more important right now

Red Menace and ouchy like this.
  7. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 16

Zaven Collins LB
    6-4 260lbs
    Estimated draft round late 1st-early 2nd

[​IMG]

Analysis: The jets are going to look to add LBers in the draft. it's a pretty big hole for us right now with the switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3. So insert collins here. we'll likely need to use our 2nd rounder on him but he's a 3 down athletic throwback LBers in the urlacher mold that can just do everything. drop back in zone, rush the passer play the run. he's just a solid overall LBer who can fit in well in our defense and be moved around

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I like Collins a lot, but the problem I have is that he won't last much beyond #23, if that long, and so if they take him it means they have to forego taking a highly rated OL which I think is a bigger need now that JD has added some "D" in FA. Still, he might be worth the sacrifice. If he's still there with their 2nd round pick I'd take him for sure.

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Have you paid any attention to the type of offense the Jets are installing?

Red Menace likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

have you paid attention to where I said he doesn't fit the offense and we likely won't draft him but it's rare to see a guy his size? or the fact I started this thread before we had a head coach? nah you just show up randomly to be a negative nancy

11. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 16

Zaven Collins LB
    6-4 260lbs
    Estimated draft round late 1st-early 2nd

[​IMG]

Analysis: The jets are going to look to add LBers in the draft. it's a pretty big hole for us right now with the switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3. So insert collins here. we'll likely need to use our 2nd rounder on him but he's a 3 down athletic throwback LBers in the urlacher mold that can just do everything. drop back in zone, rush the passer play the run. he's just a solid overall LBer who can fit in well in our defense and be moved around

there will be really good lineman with our pick at 34 as well. CB is a need too. the reality is we are a couple drafts away from fixing all the issues. not just 1.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, it will take more than just this off season to fill all the holes, but as of right now, the defense is pretty well set in comparison to the offense, which still needs a FQB, and upgrading of the OL, and the addition of some more weapons, so if something has to be deferred, I would say it's the defense in the early rounds. That said, I would make an exception for Collins over any CB that would be likely available at their 2nd-3rd pick.

13. GasedAndConfused

I disagree with that. LBer is really weak for us. starters right now are FA davis on a 1 year deal, mosley who hasn't played in 2 years, and cashman who is always hurt. and we have 0 depth. I think we'll look at Lbers pretty hard. CB maybe as well. could be another defensive heavy draft outside of 1 QB and 1 Lineman.

for the line i'm not stoked about it but JD likes mcgovern at C and he played well. becton is a beast. fant was solid. it's the OGs that aren't great but we could draft 1 and we have clark we drafted as well still.

14. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 17

Jabril Cox LB
    6-3 233lbs
    Estimated draft round late 2nd early 3rd

[​IMG]

Analysis: The jets are going to look to add LBers in the draft. it's a pretty big hole for us right now with the switch from a 3-4 to a 4-3. Cox is an off ball Lber (Will) in our 4-3 defense with great coverage skills in space and high motor and good athletics. he's not strong against the run or getting off blocks but he has sideline to sideline speed and will throw himself around to make tackles.

#54 GasedAndConfused, Apr 2, 2021
    Last edited: Apr 9, 2021
  15. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 18

Rachad Wildgoose CB
    5-11 197lbs
    Estimated draft round 5-7

[​IMG]

Analysis: The jets will likely look to add a CB in this draft but if history shows anyhting it'll be a late round flyer. JD added 3 Cbs last draft with hall in the 6th and guidry and jackson as UDFAs. Wildgoose looks to fit that mold. he's an inside slot CB who can play man or zone. he's more talented then his draft position will show. very similar to bless, hall, guidry, and jackson 4 current jets CBs. Wildgoose would make a great addition in the later rounds to our CB group

16. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 19

Pete Werner OLB
    6-3 242lbs
    Estimated draft round 4-5

[​IMG]

Analysis: Another Possible Lber for the jets, Werner projects as a OLB while some say sam, I see him as a versatile who could also play WILL. He's a stud in the run game and shooting gaps and tough as nails. good athleticism not sideline to sideline but good enough to fit our scheme

17. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

I like him reminds me of Victor Green but with better coverage skills. He's a playmaker for sure but will also smash you.

18. GasedAndConfused

He's probably the 1 guy I want most out of this thread. perfect fit for our culture and system. mid rounder (we should be able to grab him in the 4th so after we already made 5 picks so not sacrificing anything) and I think in time he can mold into a beast safety.

19. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 20

Javian Hawkins RB
    5-9 196lbs
    Estimated draft round 6

[​IMG]

Analysis: RB is a need but not a huge one. Some fans want to take one early which I don't agree with. Right now we have ty johnson, Josh Adams, Perine, and coleman. Still there is room for competiton. Hawkins is a guy who can be had late in the draft for one of our 6th rounders and fits our system to a T. a perfect 1 cut speedy back who is a playmaker with the ball in his hands. not an every down back due to his size but a perfect 3rd down back who can catch out of the backfield and come in with fresh legs and run past a worn out defense.

20. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

This isn't the right Jabril Cox. The LB only played at LSU one season. You need to replace this picture.