After 1st round players Spotlight

Discussion in 'Draft' started by GasedAndConfused, Jan 11, 2021.

1. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

My god, that family go in for interesting names. Amon-Ra, the king of the gods in ancient Egypt.

stinkyB and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  2. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

whoa

3. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

keep it clean, yo

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Spotlight 7

Landon Dickerson IOL (C)
    6-6 325lbs
    Estimated draft round late 2nd early 3rd

[​IMG]

Analysis: Dickerson is a smart and versatile lineman who has played all 5 positions along the offense line. In the NFL though he's better suited for the interior at OG or C. he's flown up draft boards as of late though. He's not very athletic but he's smart, high motor and good mechanics along with plenty of power. not ideal for zone blocking schemes but at OC lots of these issues can be schemed around. He's also had some injuries along the way. His late rise has scared me but I do think he's starting material. I wouldn't throw a 2nd or 3rd at him but with the injuries if he slips into the 4th I'd grab him. He could sit for a year before starting at C where we can move mcgovern to guard.

Leicester Jet likes this.
  5. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 8

Warren Jackson: WR
    6-6 215lbs
    estimated draft round 6

[​IMG]

Analysis: Time to look at some more late rounders and well the jets don't have a 6th we do have 2 in the 5th and can trade down a bit for future picks as well. Or could just take him a round early. Colorado state has quietly been producing some solid late round WRs as of late like higgins and gallup. Warren Jackson looks like he can be the next steal in the draft. His giant 6=6 frame and long arms are impressive but it's more impressive how he uses them. His catch radius is insane and his ability to win jump balls in traffic is beyond impressive. Not a high separation guy and likely runs in the 4.5s but he knows how to use his body and win jump balls. could contribute as a red zone threat right away in the NFL while he learns more about running routes although he will be limited in that area. could fit in well with the jets as a red zone and outside threat with potential to be a WR2 in the NFL or at worse a depth guy thats a good red zone threat

ouchy likes this.
  6. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 9

Adetokunbo Ogundeji: DE
    6-4 268lbs
    Estimated round 5-6

[​IMG]

Analysis: The jets seem to be moving to a 4-3 meaning our edge rushers will now be Des and not have to drop in coverage. but we still need edge rushers. In comes Ogundeji. He's a JD type of guy for sure. was a captain on his team in 2020 (JD loves drafting team captains in the late rounds) He won't be a speed rusher in the NFL but he has a good bull rush and plays the run well. He's high motor and relentless. Good overall guy to have around for d-line depth. Pro Football Focus offered Ogundeji its second-highest grade (82.2) for members of the Irish defense in 2019. He recorded 34 tackles, seven tackles for a loss, 4.5 sacks, five quarterback hurries, three forced fumbles and a fumble recovery in 13 games. Production is solid for a late pick.

7. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Nice thread G&C. I especially like the looks of Warren Jackson and James Wiggins as mid-later round picks.

Sewell, Becton, Thuney, and the 400lb Faalele playing guard on our offensive line is a nice thing to daydream about as well.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

Who are the top center prospects? I remember looking at Ben Cleveland tapes and be very impressed by him.

Any other names?

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Josh Myers, Landon Dickerson, Drake Jackson, Alec Lindstrom, and Jimmy Morrissey.

10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not that it really matters in the grand scheme of things but he's also the dope that flipped into the end zone and knocked himself out of the game by injuring his ankle doing it. Then doubled down and said he didn't regret it and would do it again.

He's fast as hell. Would've been interesting to see him in an SEC offense.

11. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 10

Hunter Long TE
    6-5 253 lbs
    Estimated draft round 4

[​IMG]

Analysis: Nobody is touching pitts as the top TE in the draft. but with that said long can be tremendous value and every bit as good as jordan and frieirmuth but taken rounds later. A complete TE who is a willing blocker and a threat to stretch the field. The jets should move on from ryan griffin who looks old and slow and need a TE to pair with herndon. remeber saleh comes from the niners who ran their offense through kittle who was a 3rd round pick and is now arguably the best TE in the NFL. Not saying long will be that but he looks to be a solid all around TE who can compliment our offense well and demand attention up the seam and help the o-line keep our QB upright and a big bodied chain mover who keeps drives alive

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

HO BRAH..... DATS ONE BIG BRADDAH!!!! o_O

13. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's a Saint and a god all in one.... draft this deity beast!

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  14. deviljets7

deviljets7 Well-Known Member

Yes it is.

Admittedly I have a soft spot for local guys I saw play when they were in high school. There's no denying the wheels and with his special teams value, you can better afford to be patient as he develops as a receiver.

15. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 11

Anthony Schwartz WR
    6-0 179 lbs
    Estimated draft round 4

[​IMG]

Analysis: Schwartz is a pure speed demon. So much so that experts think he could threaten the combine record of a 4.22 40 yard dash. last year the top 2 were henry ruggs (raiders WR) and Javelin guidry (jets CB). The former track star is more then just speed though, he's adapted to football very well. He's electric with the ball in hands and teams have to respect his speed. he'll make tough catches over the middle. He still needs to refine routes and show his hands can be consistent as he had limited opportunities in college, but he's a boom or bust which is fine for a 4th rounder who could fizzle out or could become the next deshaun jackson

16. GasedAndConfused

Spotlight 12

D'Wayne Eskridge WR
    5-9 190lbs
    Estimated draft round 3-5

[​IMG]

Analysis: Eskridge at this point is an enigma to all. He's not as fast as schwartz above, but he runs in the 4.3s and is a burner for sure. I've seen some sites say he'll go in the 1st and others that he'll go undrafted. I think he winds up in the 3-5th rounds. He wasn't on anyone's radar until this season when his production was insane with 784 yards on 34 catches and 8 TDs in just 6 games (23YPC 130YPG). he's a pure slot guy who is more refined then schwartz and showed some ability to play outside and go up and get balls. still needs some work as a WR but the ability and talent is there and he is the type to take a 5 yard slant to the house on any given play. He's also an excellent returner. The downsides is his size obviously limits him but we've heard that about guys like steve smith and it never affected them. he's also old for a draft pick at 24 and it's a really deep WR class. all those reasons is why I think he won't go before round 3.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Schwartz never felt like he played as fast as he's going to show in the 40. He's also incredibly hard to analyze (along with Seth Williams) because No Nix is just a dreadful passer.

This is my favorite mid round prospect in the entire draft. I watched a good amount of him this year especially as the Sun Belt played during the week and Arkansas State threw for a million yards a game while rotating quarterbacks. It was pretty fun to watch.

I think he's probably the best leaper/contested catch maker in the entire draft. Not sure how he'll time and he's definitely not some sort of great route runner. But the guy goes and gets the fucking rock.

18. GasedAndConfused

I can see that about schwartz. I actually like eskridge better as a 4th round WR. ideally though i'd love to grab st brown in the 2nd and warren jackson in the 6th. jackson does everything adams does but will be taken later and is a much bigger red zone target. I'd say jackson is a better contested catch maker/leaper then adams is but I like adams too.

19. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Thanks for setting up this thread. For those of us that don't follow the college game this is great.

I totally want 6'9" bloke btw, brilliantly massive.

20. GasedAndConfused

yeah i don't think we draft him or that he fits our system but it's rare to find a 400lb athlete so i had to throw him in there. He should be a good OG in the NFL though

donkey likes this.