AFC East Record Predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Apr 3, 2024.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Our coaching staff is atrocious. You can have an all star roster, if your coach is a moron you’re not going to win. Our coaches are some of the most moronic in the league.

2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

So there is big part of this that people are missing about Barkley even though Barkley is in that category along with Breece, Adrian Peterson, Jamaal Charles and JK Dobbins as being a top 97th percentile athlete in 5 or 6 different athletic metrics.

Barkley was ready for the beginning of the season just like Breece was and his injury timeline was nearly identical to Breeces even though Barkley had his injury a few weeks earlier. Barkley had to wait 2 or 3 weeks till October to have the surgery because the swelling in the knee was so bad from the MCL sprain IIRC. Barkley ended up having a freak high ankle sprain in week 4 or 5 vs Dallas where he stepped on Parsons or Vander Esch (I don't remember what LB it was on Dallas) foot and rolled his ankle. So not only was Barkley coming off a gnarly knee injury, he had to recover from a high ankle sprain which is probably the worst injury for a player outside of a torn ligament. This is why it took us so long to see glimmers of the old Barkley. It wasn't because he wasn't ready after the knee surgery, it was because he got that high ankle a few weeks into the season and now had that to deal with as long as the knee from the previous year.

I was very, very bullish on Breece being incredible last year and returning to form just like we saw his rookie year. That knee injury isn't going to be an issue for him whatsoever coming this year. Maybe this year we see some of those runs where he got caught from behind (Buffalo and KC I'm looking at those games) and he finishes those plays? But there is no doubt in my mind that Breece is going to be up there as OPOY in my opinion.

#62 dawinner127, Apr 11, 2024
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2024
    Acad23 and GREG like this.
  3. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Totally agree with you. He is right there with CMC in terms of how good he is IMO. Every time he touches the ball can be an explosive.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Which is why I don’t understand the talk about passing on OT and taking Bowers at 10. That talk track that drafting a “backup” at 10 doesn’t make sense is crazy talk to me. We KNOW we’re going to have to get some games from a backup OT this year. The odds are way more slanted that way than the other way. So unless/until we see a better backup OT on our roster than Warren or Mitchell, I’m going OT at 10.

BradysTornACL likes this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it’s fine, you can always use OL. I won’t be pissed at a tackle selection.

i just think it’s telling that nobody ever has a specific tackle in mind, just that they should take that position.

That tells me that you are drafting for need and not the player. And teams always fuck up when that happens

I want bowers cause he’s a good football player

LAJet likes this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Not that it means much, but I read somewhere the Jets have the fifth easiest strength of schedule in the entire league. The Patriots have a much tougher one. The Steelers have the toughest

7. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

I'm ALWAYS careful ANYTIME thinking the jets will, advance. I stay TOTALLY non committed till season starts.
    I can Guage the rest off of a few games.
    They continue to show a lack of ability to advance . Well see.