AFC East 2019 win loss predictions

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, May 9, 2019.

1. NYJalltheway

NYJalltheway Well-Known Member

Pats 12-4
    Jets 9-7
    Bills 8-8
    Phins 4-12

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  2. DefenseWinsChampionships

1. Jets: 12-4.
    2. Pats: 10-6.
    3. Bills: 6-10.
    4. Miami: 3-13.

Most talent on both sides of the ball in a long, long time.

QB: Sam Darnold
    RB: Le'Veon Bell.

Potential to be deadly out the gates and no doubt our strongest QB/RB duo since Chad Pennington/Curtis Martin.

Unlike those Penny/#28 days their Jet D's with Robertson/Vilma etc weren't built up the middle like this with Leonard/Quinnen, Mosley/Williamson and Jamal Adams. They just weren't.

And in 2009-2010 those Revis and Rex Ryan David Harris led teams had an O-Line but a weak link @ QB and did not have this type of offense. They just didn't.

Darnold and Bell are surrounded by guys like Robby Anderson a great outside deep threat of a speed burner, Chris Herndon who ranked as the leagues #1 Rookie TE last year in receptions, receiving yards and TD receptions, a true and natural slot receiver in Jamison Crowder with deep ball ability has all the characteristics as that of Free Agency's #1 rated slot receiver and finally Quincy Enunwa who's when healthy is a nightmare etc

All the makings of an elite offense who can make an offensive line... LOOK GOOD. Imagine that.

Penny/Martin/Herm teams couldn't dream of this defense.

2009-2010 couldn't dream of this offense.

Most talented team top to bottom. since 1998.

12-4.

I understand the frustration about some of our O-Line. I hope KO lives up to All-Pro ability. But I get the frustration because hypothetical we're a 1998/2009-2010 Jets O-Line away from true SB contender. But if can gel and hide behind talent I see a 12-4 roster behind a young QB with Andrew Luck ability.

NYJetsO12 and Mr mittens like this.
  3. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

Jets 9-7 (Jets win division on conf record)
    Pats 9-7 (Pats miss playoffs for 1st time since 2008, Brady cries puts on a tutu and retires)
    Bills 6-10
    Fish 4-12

#23 No Fly Zone, May 9, 2019
    Last edited: May 10, 2019
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You buried the lead.

Talent is there...whether they can put the pieces together is something else.

Because Jets.

LAJet likes this.
  5. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Bill's lose the superbowl?
    Besides the 1 extra game you gave the Bill's, I like this prediction.

AFC East is tough to predict because besides the Pat's, all the other teams are rebuilding and added so many new pieces. I do think the Jets have the better team (players, and coaches) vs the other AFC East teams.
    Same questions linger...
    Can we protect Darnold on offense?
    Can we apply pressure on defense?

I say yes. Opposing Defenses can't sell out anymore because we have legit offensive weapons to keep them neutral. Opposing offenses will now have to worry about other Jet defenders besides J. Adam's. Were ready to take the next step...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

2019 AFC East:
    Patriots 13-3
    Jets 10-6
    Bills 8-8
    Dolphins 5-11

Pretty tough division.

If the Jets go 2-14, Williams will smash Gase in the face WAY before Week 17. :D

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Pats 2-14(never recover from week 3 beating they get from the Jets)
    Jets 15-1 (Lose week 17 to the Bills, spoil the chance at an undefeated season. Fire Mac, Fucking Bowles)
    Bills 6-10 ( Bills fans pour out of the cracks like cockroaches to celebrate their big week 17 win. )
    Dolphins 5-11 ( miss out on next year's top QBs in the draft).....
    It's Not Just For Glaucoma Anymore! :D

chandler likes this.
  8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Pats 12-4
    Jets 8-8
    Bills 7-9
    Dolphins 4-12

Prediction: Darnold performs above expectations, Bell performs below expectations. The Jets lose 2 or 3 close games.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Thanks for these comments..after decades of fandom for me I believe we have some legit players like Sam who can possibly set records ..at least Mac got him some explosive weapons in Bell and hopefully J Crowder , Montgomery . The protection you refer to is a missing piece but Darnold can move around till that improves

The Board here gets a bit ridiculous with the obsessing over how Bell will perform but even at half strength to begin the Season he is a tremendous upgrade...without him Steelers missed playoffs last year..

And finally I want to see an overwhelming D..for f^cks sake!! With the amount of investment this GM has put into that end we should easily close out games in 4th quarter where we sucked big time

The Bills will get some magical win.somewhere..I said before I expect a sweep of Miami by Jets

azhar80 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Best Post so far..only results count!!

Prepared to have your sanity questioned with such a bold prediction..but definitely could happen..gut says so

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Patsies 12-4 (retire already you jackass)
    Bills 9-7
    Jets 8-8
    Dullphins 5-11

12. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

Pats: 13-3
    Jets: 10-6
    Bills: 9-7
    Fins: 8-8

I think the AFC East is going to be MUCH improved. This year the young QB's, easier opponents and the travel schedule favor them. Pats roll along on Brady and Sony, but look more beatable than last year with no Gronk. Jets start with a Bills home win, then lose 3 straight to the Browns, Pats and play poorly after the bye and lose to the Eagles. Things look bleak but the defense starts to gel better and the Jets beat both the Cowboys and Pats at home. Lose to Jax in Florida, but then go on a run beating the Fish, Giants and Redskins. Lose to the Raiders but then beat Cincy on the road and Miami at home. Gase sweeps his old team and splits with the Pats. He always played the Pats well in Miami and this year has the horses to win one with the Jets.

With three weeks remaining the Jets are 8-5 and in the playoff hunt. Last three games, lose in Baltimore, beat the Steelers at home (LeVeons revenge game) and beat Buffalo in Buffalo and at 10-6 secure a Wildcard slot.

Thats my fantasy. The darksider in me thinks the Jets will get spanked at home by the Steelers and put LeVeon in a funk. The following week the Jets lose in Buffalo and at 8-8 miss the playoffs.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The future is now AFCE

Jets 10-6- The Darnold/Allen bromance rivalry comes down to wk 17.

Bills 9-7- Things setting up nicely for the Bills to finish 2nd to the Jets for the next few years.

Patriots 6-10- Father Time wins!! Father Time wins!!

Dolphins 1-15- Rosen leads his 2nd team to the first pick in the draft and the Dolphins are set up to select their next bust at Qb.

azhar80 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

1. Pats: 12-4
    2. Bills: 9-7
    3. Jets: 8-8
    4. Dolphins: 5-11

Bills and Jets could be flip-flopped, but right now I'm giving the Bills the edge based upon their "D", and all the new pieces the Jets have to mesh.

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

call me an optimist but

Pats 12-4
    Jets 8-8
    Bills 6-10
    Fins 5-11

(realistically i think the jets only win 6-7 games though out schedule is brutal especially the 1st half, 5 wins wouldn't surprise me either)

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I've seen multiple people say this here. And yet when the national writers' reviewed the league schedule they had the Jets among the top 5 easiest in terms of win percentage, on top of having the least amount of travel of any team in the league.

how can a schedule that is easier (based on comparison to the rest of the league) and very light on travel, be "brutal" ? This schedule is set up for a playoff run IMO, now is the time to take down Brady or never

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

if you look at the 1st half it's pretty brutal and if we wind up 2-6 at that point teams can fall apart and falter down the stretch where our schedule gets easier. in the 1st 8 games we face 5 playoff teams from last year (including the pats twice who won the SB) and the other 3 are the browns (who stocked up and should be much better in 2019 then their 2018 record lets on) and then the dolphins and bills are the other 2 which are easy teams but also division rivals. even if we beat the fins and bills which we should, i still see 5-6 loses in the 1st 8 and when you fall that far behind mid season, shit goes to hell quick and we can't bounce back for the 2nd half which is pretty easy. in the 2nd half we only face 2 playoff teams (steelers and ravens) and the other 6 are pretty winnable. which still puts us at 8-8 give or take a game or 2

the problem with SOS is if u face a team that went 2-14 and a team that went 14-2 it's the same as facing 2 teams that wen't 8-8 but realistically speaking u have a better chance at 2-0 against 2 8-8 teams then you do against a 2-14 and 14-2 team

18. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

F'n Pats 12-4
    Bills 8-8
    Jets 7-9
    Fish 3-13

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

All depends on if Darnold makes the jump. If he does we’ll get meaningful games in December.

NYJetsO12 and FJF like this.
  20. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Looks a little optimistic, right?

My own personal belief is Mac did not do enough to address the OL and the team will suffer because of it. That said, they were so BAD last season and they added some decent talent in FA, there's no way they won't be better. However, I still don't see them being good enough to make the playoffs. I figure approximately 8 wins will be their ceiling. Since when does Buffalo play 17 games? Lol