Adams unfollows Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by MenOverGod, Sep 17, 2019.

1. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

We had a dog that when lonely or upset about something would knock over a small wicker wastepaper basket that we filled with crumpled paper that we set up just for him. We'd scold him, but it was really not a big deal at all. He thought it was. This kept him from doing other bad things. Jamaal never was benched before for something like this. Perhaps he shouldn't have been or won't be later in the season. However, it's early in the season, and our coaches are trying to establish a new level of accountability. Jamaal is a good kid. He's pissed off, as we'd probably hope him to be. This small act of defiance is the outlet by which he can protest. It got noticed, and that's that. Bottom line: If unfollowing the team on social media is his way of expressing dissatisfaction, then so be it. There are many other destructive ways he could be doing it - but he's smart enough not to. That's why he's a special player.

#61 LogeSection2RowJ, Sep 18, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
    IBLEEDGREEN17 and FJF like this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

After watching that shit-show the other night, I'm ready to start some "social" media accounts just so I can Un-follow the JETS too :mad::mad::mad:

K'OB and FJF like this.
  3. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Gase said it was more or less to cool his heals. He was too amped and was getting penalized. Adams didn't like it. No big suprise. I think it was just an action out of frustration. Don't think he's looking for a trade or anything of the sort.....contrary to popular fan opinion, losing gets to those guys too.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I hope you are being sarcastic, it takes years to find a potential FQB, Jets believe they found him, no way do you send him packing.

Trade Jamal if you must for multiple picks and start building the oline but never the most important piece of the puzzle.

5. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Honestly, I've been saying to my friends i wouldn't be pissed the Jets trade Adams... just disappointed knowing we had to because we took 8 years to rebuild.

We're not going to be good when his contract is up, he's going to walk because he hates losing and we have a pathetic record since he was drafted.

It's mind boggling we have such little depth while being so consistently bad and drafting high.

Trade him and maybe Leonard. You lose good young players when your rebuild is close to a decade in the making.

6. nyjetsmets89

nyjetsmets89 Well-Known Member

Adams said he was benched because he anticipated a play and anticipated wrong. He does this pretty often. About fucking time he had to pay for it.

7. As things stand currently where Darnold has yet to truly arrive,If we’re picking 1 in a good QB draft w potential franchise options, it is of utmost importance that we at least compare Sam to the draft pool.If one of the prospects seems like a better talent or better fit..trading Darnold & starting over all together has to at least be vetted for Pros & cons.

8. LogeSection2RowJ

This is insane thinking. I swear, many Jets fans seem to to prefer the NFL Draft to the NFL Season.

ouchy likes this.
  9. No.Its not insane thinking at all.Its considering every option to make this team better. Sam has proven nothing yet,will be entering the 3rd year of his deal w a roster a long way from contention.

Insane is being attached to Sam & not exploring every option a situation bestows.

10. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I agree that Sam needs to prove he's the guy. It's too early to say whether he is or isn't. Something tells me the FO isn't gonna give up on him after this year. I believe Douglas will look to upgrade the OL and WR's next offseason before even thinking about taking a QB with a high pick.

stinkyB likes this.
  11. Exactly.

My point isnt to bash Sam or open the can of worms on whether hes the answer or not. All im saying is the team has to consider pro’s & cons of every avenue to fix this shitstorm. Theres no bigger facet on the team than QB & its going to be a good QB draft. If Sam comes back & balls out that will obviously change things..that hasnt happened quite yet

12. LogeSection2RowJ

I agree with the concept of exploring all avenues, but your earlier post appeared to be saying that the organization should consider not winning - or even tanking in order to improve the draft pick, specifically if it's QB-rich. You said "picking 1" meaning you seem to think we could finish behind Miami. Don't tell me you think that. That would imply losing to them. Twice.

Maybe you didn't really mean that. As far as opening a can of worms, you're opening many cans suggesting that.