Adams Felt “Disrespected”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Dec 19, 2019.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

Saints fans used to wear paper bags over their faces. Drew Brees saved them.

We have not made the playoffs in what, 9 years? And haven't won a SB since 1969? But this year we're still ranked top 5 in fan attendance? #2 to be exact behind Dallas.

But yet there are moron fans on THIS SITE questioning our passion? Unreal. Jet fans are as passionate as they come and it doesn't take Drew Brees, Super Bowls or Tom Brady to make us go to the games and believe. We're passionate.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"You got some splainin' to do, Lucy."

Exactly how do you define "passionate fans?" If you even begin to require success of a franchise you've gone off base. It's way easier to be a fan of a winner than it is to stick with the losers and root for something better.

#102 Ralebird, Dec 22, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2019
  3. Im not suggesting we’re top 5 in fan bases but ive never heard an opposing fan question jets fan passion & ive attended enough Jet games to understand quite well how passionate the fans are.

When an organization reaches a certain level of perpetual ineptitude, what does collective passion produce? Likely alot of anger, irrationality & demands for change like we’re seeing.

I have always hated the late arrivals & tailgating being the priority however.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I do find it hilarious how offended some of you have gotten over me questioning the passion of our fanbase.

I’ve been to most Jets game during the teams most competitive run from Parcells to Rex. Even during their most competitive run it was never a true home field advantage like say KC where it’s a raucous crowd 15 minutes before the game starts. Jets games the stadium was half empty midway through the 1st qtr and emptied out midway through the 4th qtr.

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Offended? Hardly. Easy on the self congratulations there, guy. You might want to check your ego at the door. I wasn't offended and I doubt that anyone else was. We just think you are wrong. What you call "excuses" are valid facts and reasons why the passion may not always be so evident. If Jets fans weren't passionate they wouldn't be hiring planes and billboards, they wouldn't be buying Jets gear and going to games as much as they have been. It's absurd to expect knowledgeable, passionate fans to go to games week after week and see a sorry ass excuse for a football team on the field. One can only do that so much, before one feels like they are being a masochist and wasting their time and energy. I guarantee you that if the Jets had been anywhere near as successful as the Chiefs over the last 50 years and had their own home stadium, the noise and passion would be every bit as much as with the Chiefs or Raiders or anywhere else.

Another factor that hasn't been mentioned is that people have moved to the NYC area from all over the country with pre-existing fan allliances. The population is very diverse, whereas in KC it is much more homogeneous. People aren't moving there from all over the country, and what else do people who live in Bumfuck, Kansas have to do other than root for the Chiefs? Conversely, people in NYC have a great variety of things that they can do with their time and energy.

The Chiefs have only had a few down years over the last 50 years. They have pretty consistently been an upper half or third of the league, whereas the Jets have mostly been bottom feeders for the last half century. Trying to compare the two is what is laughable. It's like trying to compare a watermelon to an orange.

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

With his salary, most people in his position wouldn't mind feeling disrespected on a daily basis as long as the checks keep clearing.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It is true. I was always pissed about watching the third and fourth series and having to get up and down because people are still filing in.

I don't know if it's a reflection of a lack of passion or not. But Giants Stadiums and now MetLife has never been a very advantageous home field advantage for the Jets like the other cited examples.

joe, Attackett and J-Raw24 like this.
  8. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I agree . But he's on his rookie deal so he will make a lot more. That being what it is, I again say the fans should feel just as disrespected by the owners of this team. They are the ones that put the team where it is. Idzik and Mac were the owners fault. That is why Jets fans have become less likely to attend games.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Sure, very well could be valid reasons why the Jets don’t have a passionate fanbase but still not a passionate fanbase.

10. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Attendance =/= Jet fan attendance. Almost every game at MetLife is a 50/50 split between road fans and Jets fans, and for some games it's even worse.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. . some jet fans do seem to bleed dodger blue in that sense..

12. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Maybe Jamal should go have another little chat with the owner because after all after he and his teammates look into the mirror they can all go thank the owner for alienating the fan base and destroying any home field advantage the team might ever have had.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yep. It's amazing how Broncomania has subsided here in Colorado since they've been struggling. In reality, the TRUEST measure of passion is to have fans continuing to support a team with the "success" record like the Jets.

Ralebird likes this.
  14. joe

joe Well-Known Member

"Tampax, Florida you're on the air!"
    [​IMG]

"Incestville, North Carolina you're on the air!"
    [​IMG]
    . . Gents, appreciate the effort and the passion, seriously.........but New York Jet home games at Metlife nowadays look like a not-so-pretty 'mosaic'

15. Catfish Billy

Catfish Billy Well-Known Member

how old are you?