Adams Felt “Disrespected”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Dec 19, 2019.

1. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Agreed, and I would add:

- crazy people

Don't ask me how I know.

2. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

stuff it jamal...... just play the game and earn your million dollar checks.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Which only proves how out of touch with reality you are.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’d say jet fans are passionate. Problem is most hold the next coach/gm responsible for the past failures.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  5. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

The stupidity was taken to another level though because not only have we wasted most all of our premium picks on defense we really haven't gotten any premium defensive players.... aside from Jamal. That's what really has to improve. This past springs draft is promising in that all the players seem to be potential legit contributors aside from obviously Mr. Hustle. That was somewhat of a disaster but on balance if they can keep hitting 5.5 out of 7 or whatever it was.... we'll eventually get better no matter how stupid we are at everything else.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I totally disagree with that statement/post.

Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  7. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Trade him for a late 1st plus some mid rounders. Draft the Center from Wisconsin and let’s actually protect our FQB. Novel fucking idea.

I love Adams and wouldn’t be mad if they kept him, but him opening his mouth every two seconds makes me want to ship him out for more assets to fix the Oline.

8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

In one thing I agree with him, the home team should always be filling their stadium to as much as whatever the percentages allowed in the NFL, obviously, I only know football and our grounds have away ends that are mostly empty depending on the size of support for the away team but starting with the EPL the top teams will get 50k+ at home and let's say 2-5k of away fans.
    Away fans can be found in the home end but will be kicked out if they cheer an away goal, as this will lead to what is termed football violence.

I can understand why some fans when they follow the jets, think fuck this, I am not going as a protest to the owners but if they then just sell the tickets to any tom, dick or harry then it does seem a bit of a pointless protest.

There are only 8 home games a season compared to 18 in the EPL, just feels odd for fans to dump the team after a couple of games due to them getting beat, that is not the biggest shock for any Jets fan.

As a Man City fan, when they were truly shit and were crashing down the divisions, there were still 30k mad souls rocking up weekly, it was like a bit of perverse pleasure.

On the other hand, my home town team Carlisle Utd crashed down from the second tier of English football to the bottom division and crowds fell from a healthy 10k to 1.5k very nearly bankrupting the club, they are very fair weather fans, when the team is doing well, even in the bottom division, the 10k will return, usually they average 4,500k a week.

Carlisle Utd also has an owner that is not liked much by the fans, can't say much else as ultimately he is my actual boss way up the food chain in a large food distribution business.

9. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

How is the Jets fanbase passionate? We’ve never had a true home field advantage in my lifetime.

I had season tickets at the old dump for 10 years, every once in a while when things were going good the stadium would get rocking. Now? At the new dump? Jets players get motivated by Jets fans dumping their tickets to opposing fans. You ever been to a road game? To KC? Denver? Buffalo? GB? NO? Those are passionate fanbases.

What makes the Jets fanbase passionate?

I’m gonna walk back on my knowledgeable statement as obviously there are some Jets fans that are very knowledgeable and some that aren’t, just like every fanbase.

10. Absolutely correct.

However these guys who take over refuse to acknowledge the past failures & then end up making the same mistakes.

Nobody says they need to obsess over it or dwell on it.But this team has unique circumstances & has won diddly poo in the last 50 years.Is a root cause analysis too much to ask?

A real winner & leader doesnt run from the problems they inherit.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Ralebird

I'd say that most hold the current coach responsible for the current performance of the team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Jets fans are both. We don't have any frontrunners among this fan base. We have a loud, passionate die hard fanbase and regardless of what stadium we've played in our fans have been pretty damn good for what we've been put through. Which is the most misery in football history since 1969

Ralebird likes this.
  13. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

Yes. But a lot falls on the last regime too. The only thing I can say about Gase is that he's better than Bowles. But just being better than Bowles is not enough. We also need to see Douglas become somebody who can draft quality talent. Who can craft a team that has passionate, smart players. A team that has depth. Gase and Douglas need to have a productive, functioning partnership

FJF likes this.
  14. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

Bottom line...there will be a ton of Steelers fans there tomorrow. There would be even if we were 9-5 going into the game. They do this in every stadium to every opponent and tomorrow won't be any different or anything to make a big stink over

15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They are better than last year. Not sure what more some fans expected for a bad team with a deeply flawed roster construct.

16. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

It's hard to have a home field advantage when you've NEVER had a home field. The Jets have always been 2nd rate citizens, renting a temporary home, instead of having their own place they can take pride in, that's theirs and theirs alone. You want to criticize someone criticize the GD owners of this freaking team, not the fanbase. With the way Hess and the Johnsons have operated this team, they're lucky there are ANY fans and anyone who will buy a PSL, ticket or Jets gear. They don't deserve any fans. The Jets have been the laughing stock of the NFL for most of the last 50 years. They've been shoddily run, managed, coached, and GM'd. They've been an embarrassment and three-ring circus. If they want a true home field advantage, they can start by building the Jets their own home. They can then step back from running the team and hire someone competent, then let him do his job. They can put a winning team on the field that fans can take pride in, and not be embarrassed by.

17. Ralebird

You believe Gase is better than Bowles; that is simply one man's opinion. As you say, even if true, it's not enough; today's coach needs to be measured against a standard that has not been seen here in decades. Simply being better than the last bum is meaningless.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Better in that the W column says five instead of four? Sorry. I want more. I want to see inspired players with an inspired game plan playing over their expectations not waddling through the motions of mediocrity.

19. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Paying large dollars to slog through traffic to watch shitty football in bad weather with a bunch of belligerent drunken assholes when you can watch for free from your own couch doesn’t pass the Dierking cost/benefit analysis.

And I’m the most respectful person on this board, as you all know.

FJF and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You left out Patriots fans.

Wahoo likes this.