Adams Felt “Disrespected”

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wahoo, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

The whole feeling disrespected thing is something he (and other players) use to get themselves up for games. When playing for perennial losers like the Jets, you use anything you can to motivate you, because you sure as hell aren't playing for a title.

The fact that people want to trade the best player and the most vocal leader on the team (b/c Sam sure isn't) because he hates losing is mind boggling.

2. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Sort of like PED's that doesn't show up in their urine sample.

3. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Meh, I'm ok with his persona - because he shows up and plays with heart, not to mention the production is pretty fucking high. This team has swung and missed on so many high drafts picks and the ONE that has exceeded expectations whines about crap, oh well. Truthfully, the dude leaves it out on the field and plays with emotion...

LAJet likes this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I’ve learned it’s a waste of time to try and reason with 2 kinds of people

drunk people
    And
    Stupid people

Jamal falls under stupid

RPOZ51 likes this.
  5. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Yeah, people don't seem to understand that it's not the fans who keep bringing it up, it's him who keeps bringing it up. He talks a good game about how he loves to be here and wants to be here, but I don't take it seriously. In my opinion he cares way too much about himself for that to be any real consideration. Doesn't mean he's not a very good player, but you have to expect that his top priority is always going to be himself. That's his right, but the Jets better understand it and do what's best for them, or they'll get screwed.

6. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Jamal is IMO the best player on the Jets. Plays hard every down. Plays to win. Plays with heart. What’s not to like.? His attitude? Ok he talks a lot off the field. Big deal. He doesn’t get in trouble , he respects his teammates. My god! He fires up his team and an emotional leader and fan want to talk about his drama thinking he s piece of shit?

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Accepting mediocrity, or worse, is the sign of a terrible fanbase. That includes constantly making excuses for all the failures of the organization. There are far too many knowledgeable, passionate fans here who don't buy into the crap that far too many homers (the dregs of the fanbase) are willing to constantly repeat.

NCJetsfan and Wahoo like this.
  8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets fans and knowledgeable and passionate should never be used in the same sentence.

9. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Probably is due to the fact he broke his foot in week 17, but he still played every game.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  10. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The guy feels disrespected. Why would you want to make a liar out of him? It's your duty as a fan to disrespect him.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

After years of watching the frustrations players like Terrell Owens, Randy Moss, OBJ, Chad Johnson, Keyshawn, etc. Cause an organization, I can't understand how anyone can take all his murmurs as "passion for the game."

You think Keyshawn wasn't passionate for the game? Or Terrell Owens playing the SB six weeks off a broken leg? Obviously all receivers, but we're also entering the next generation of NFL players.

The loud mouth dramatic characteristic doesn't just fade away from a player. It only gets fueled with success.

Adams is a good player. But anyone who is excusing his annoying behavior as 'passionate' or 'love for the game,' is being ignorant.

12. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The best part of your post was "we have drafted awful for a long time"In 2017 Picking Adams over Pat Mahomes or even Miles Garret was a tremendous blunder for this franchise( and I like SD). Then you go ahead after that by ignoring more offense and getting Maye (54 tackles over 14 games ) For a high pick that's mediocre at best..ridiculous

ColoradoContrails and J-Raw24 like this.
  13. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Its like every player we draft is either a bust, a dt, or both. Adams is a great player, but strong safeties aren't normally big game changers. I like Adams and want to keep him, but a pass rusher or o lineman would of been nice at some point.

NYJetsO12 and RPOZ51 like this.
  14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

50 Years of not winning the Super Bowl and nearly 10 years of no playoffs will do that to a fanbase. Not to mention we now feel shackled to a coach that doesnt seem to be anywhere close to giving us playoffs anytime soon...

Once you kill hope its hard as fans to care. Jamal can thank the trust fund baby owners for being totally aloof to that.

Acad23 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

I am sure it's taken out of context. I think Jamal just wants to be on a winning team with a full stadium. Hopefully Gase can sort this next year. I would like to keep Jamal, but if we keep doing 5-11 and 6-10 he'll want a trade. Although i would like adams to be quieter sometimes, he ain't the issue, the way the Jets are run is the issue. I can't see Gase leading a winning season and never liked the hire, so If we have to wait for a new coach to try and change things in September 2021, that's a long wait for Adams and Darnold when they want to compete now. I think ultimately, Adams may try and leave at the end of next year. I hope i am wrong.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Wasn't it an ankle sprain in week 17? If I remember he drew a PI penalty on the play. Still missing 1 and 1/2 quarters of the last game does not equate to an injury riddled season as stated.

17. TonyFtLaud

Our POS beat writers keep bringing it up in the daily pressers. Gotta get that click bait, Adams isn't smart enough to realize that,or he wants it out there.
    I personally think the media is given too much access to the players between post game and mandatory access on Monday,Wed ,Thurs and Friday. Unfortunately that's the league mandated schedule.

FJF likes this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

I think it was a broken foot or ankle, maybe a soft tissue tear. It lingered into 2018 and was the reason he missed the first 3 games. I'm trying to find the injury online but everything related to Marcus Maye injuries brings up last season, not 2017

19. TonyFtLaud

I thought he suffered a foot injury in OTAs last season to start the year off, following it up with a few more before the shoulder ended his year.

20. NYJFOREVER

Hmm, I think you're right with the foot injury in OTAs.

I honestly can't find anything about the injury he had in that week 17 game against Buffalo so I guess it wasn't a severe injury. My mistake.