Adam Schefter Mr. conjecture

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NYGalPal, May 6, 2021.

1. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

So Adam was his own source? Based things on just his own assumptions? He release his own suspicions(no source. No direct quote) on draft day no less. Wow dude! I can't believe he even said this out loud. How are people going to trust what he reports going forward? He really hurt his credibility with this.

2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Obviously he was right based on what has come out since.

Original reporting is about working your sources, ruminating and putting 2 and 2 together. When a person is typically wrong doing this we call it rumor mongering and discount them.

Schefter is usually right and that just makes him one of the best actual reporters out there.

One of the things to realize about journalism of any type is that the value in it is revealing what is going on.

We live in an age where a lot of journalism is just pure propaganda aimed at a particular worldview. In that process truth or the facts are just inconvenient things that get in the way of pushing the view in play.

Schefter is a journalist. A lot of the people in his trade are just aggregators and rumor mongers. The majority of talking heads are in the second and third groups.

themorey and K'OB like this.
  3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I'm sure Schefter has a ton of contacts developed from his days working for the NFL which I'm sure is why they hired him away, the Empire of Mickey will not allow anyone to out-scoop their sports media arm and has deeper pockets than anyone in the industry. I read that article again and he was purposely vague on details and the article almost felt like he got wind through whatever network of paid housekeeping staff and interns he has built over the years with that ESPN slush fund he most assuredly has open access to that Rodgers asked for a trade (if that ever actually happened) according to so-and-so and he dressed that one generic statement up with a bunch of other offseason happenings to avoid anyone concentrating on how purposefully vague that main statement at the beginning of the article was.

It's such a blatant and lazy attempt to cause draft day hysteria and people ate it right up because Adam Schefter. It's fucking clownshoes and he just came right out and admitted it.

Edit: actually now that I think of it, it almost sounds like somebody made him admit that to DP.

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

And something else on this. ESPN has spent the past two decades encouraging their employees to insert themselves into the sports news like some obnoxious branding effort and this situation is a perfect example of that. Listen to Schefter talking about how he came up with the article, he sounds like he is narrating highlights, he's giving his own play-by-play call, it's hilarious.

Tabloid journalism is the loudest and most prosperous so it's no shock that Disney has embraced it so readily.

Bonus clip of Pat McAfee reacting to that interview, he is bro's with Rodgers and just an entertaining motherfucker.

Bonus bonus clip of Aaron Rodgers on McAfee's podcast casually dismantling Zach Wilson after Wilson criticized his "swag".

5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Schefter may suck, but Rodgers is such a douchebag. That second interview, are you fuckin kidding me? He should be embarassed for himself

6. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I remember when Adam Schefter got ahold of photos of Jason Pierre-Paul's meat puppet hand after the firecracker incident and leaked them. Cat turd move even though I detest the Giants. Even I have rules.

I think the pressure of being a modern day Louella Parsons or Hedda Hopper in the digital age makes people do unconscionable things that they think are OK.

EDIT & P.S.: I'm done with Aaron Rodgers. Glorified Tony Romo.

#6 jetophile, May 30, 2021
    Last edited: May 30, 2021
  7. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

8. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

How did I know that you would love that. I one up you a couple of Dead Kennedys.