Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

This is a great point. Darnold needs to grow up fast... scheme and talent around him nonwithstanding, he consistently makes shitty decisions that make you wonder what he thinks about and whether he understands the whole game situation.. the sack prior to the missed FG and the INT today are examples. Hope he'll get better and progress but right now he's really struggling and those struggles are at least partly on him.

JeTsInTexas likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

If the Johnsons were going to sell the team, why would they fire the CS first? That doesn't make any sense. That should be the new owner's decision to make.

3. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Me to Gase after losing to the worst team in the league who actually were trying to lose on purpose therefore sealing his “one and done” fate

[​IMG]

4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

There's totally good reason to keep him. Your logic is a fail here. You don't remember correctly. Douglas wanted certain things that Chris Johnson wouldn't give him at first. I think Douglas knew that if he held out, he'd get them, and he did. Douglas' priority is to rebuild the OL. Exactly what we need. Firing him would be really dumb. We'd never get another highly respected candidate again.

5. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

I find it really concerning that Darnold looks clueless and vulnerable in Gase's offense as compared to how he was performing in Jeremy. Bates shit show of an ofense. Sam regressing has got to be in part (a huge part imo) on AG's shoulders.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

SOJAZ, PabloJa, IIMeanDeanII and 4 others like this.
  6. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

What are the practical steps for relieving Gase of his duties tomorrow AM? (Which should be done right away.)
    1. Fire Gase and Dowell Loggains. Gase's FIL Joe Vitt will need to leave too.
    2. Make Gregg Williams the HC, Frank Bush DC, keep Boyer because he seems to be an OK coach. So far, so good. Sign me up. Maybe GW can strike lightning in a bottle and Darnold plays the remainder of the season like Mayfield played for Williams last year. God willing...
    3. But what about OC? This is the key thing because if you think Darnold is salvageable (I do) about you need to STABILIZE things for him.
    4. Is Shawn Jefferson ready to be an OC?
    5. Frank Pollard get fired too? Or shot out of a cannon?
    6. Has there ever been a positive scenario of bringing in a OC or DC from off the street mid-season? If so, who?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  7. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Sam after 20 games has more Ints than tds, has been hurt a fair amount and or sick, and seems to still be seeing ghosts. Even on some of his completions today his footwork was as bad as last week just the dolphins suck. I never heard of any of the players in the dolphins secondary today. I follow the Afc east pretty close. Howard and Jones both out and a bunch of scrubs starting and playing that were not on the roster when the season started. Yet sam could not expose them.That being said Gase is horrible. He needs to bring in Forster (I believe that is his name ) to be his o-line coach. Yes he was fired for doing coke but Gase was winning with him in Miami as his o-line coach. Gase if not fired by tomorrow has to give up play calling. He needs to coach the whole team. not sitting on the bench drawing up plays with the defense on the field.
    The most disappointing part of today for me was Greg Williams defense. I held out hope that ,yes we sxcked on offense but we could fire Gase and Williams would come in and help right the ship like he did in Cleveland. The dolphins have nothing on offense. An undrafted free agent lite us up. Fitzgerald at qb, a guy named Walton at rb,I have heard of the kid at tight end but he is far from being a star. The sad part is we have only 7 draft picks and modest amt of cap space to fix this mess.
    For a team to play this badly for coach ,with superior talent heading back to play his former team shows how bad of a coach he has become and how little the players respect him

#1907 Bellys Lies, Nov 3, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Cooter for OC.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, PabloJa and 4 others like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Can you believe there were people defending this hire? One guy even doing so while saying Kingsbury would be a dud? Man, that’s embarrassing.

PabloJa and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  10. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I don't get all the comments about Miami trying to tank. If they were trying to tank Fitz would not be the QB, it would be Rosen. Fitz playing means they want to be competitive, they aren't good enough to win many games but Fitz is a gamer and he's just as capable of throwing for 5 TD's as he is 5 INT's. Unfortunately Fitzmagic showed up today.

I was dead set against the Gase hiring and he will hopefully be gone quickly but the real issue is an awful roster constructed by Mac and to some extent Bowles as I'm sure he had some influence in the types of players he wanted Mac to target. The signing of Bell only made sense "if" they followed that up with shoring up the OL. They didn't so Bell is not a useful weapon, he's just spinning his wheels between the 20's until the team punts.

The roster construction is what it is, Gase took the job and had a hand in some of its construction this off-season so he's partly to blame for the lack of OL as well. I get he didn't want Bell for the price (neither did I) but he has him and needed to be smart enough to make him useful and take pressure of Sam which means improve the OL. I blame Gase for this. The fact that he can't coach was a given before he got here. Annointing himself a genius and then not being smart enough to push for the right upgrades with Mac is on him.

We have no idea what we have in Joe Douglas but he better be a very good GM or this team is dead for the next 8-10 years. Coaches get fired, Pete Carroll was fired after 1 season so Gase could be as well. Douglas will have 4-5 years to reshape this team and his decisions during that time will impact the team for 4-5 years beyond that. I'm more concerned about him then Gase. We all know he won't last, its just a matter of when he gets canned. Don't be mad at Gase because he sucks as a coach be mad that Chris Johnson hired this clown.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Jim Bob Cooter got decent results out of Stafford as Lions OC. And Darnold reminds me of Stafford when Stafford was young. Cooter is the clear choice.

PulseJet likes this.
  12. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

My concern is he is just young, he is younger than the Giants QB, he is almost 2 years younger than Baker Mayfield. Mark Sanchez was 24 when he was in his second year.

I don't know if this is a big deal or not, and perhaps it will just take a tad longer for him to "grow up" because he did start at such a young age.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. PulseJet

Agreed. Jim Bob Cooter it is! (gug gug gug....)

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

When the Colts went to Bruce Arians it worked wonders. Slightly different situation.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

if nothing else it’s a great name

16. PulseJet

The 2015 Lions started 1-6 then with Cooter as OC they went 6-3. What Jet fan wouldnt take that?

NYJetsO12 and papapump like this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Fire Gase and his patsy Dowell Loggains. Make Williams the interim HC and promote Jim Bob Cooter to OC.

With that being said, I don't think Gase will be canned tomorrow even though he should. Intrigued to see what happens at MetLife next week, maybe the the 70% Giants fans will chant "Fire Gase" with us?

NYJetsO12 and papapump like this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Defense on the field and Adam is too busy drawing up plays all by himself on the sideline. Hey Adam, you don't think you're forgetting to include someone that's really important? You know, someone who runs your dogshit offense.

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

That's the least they can do.

They stole away all our hidden production... :confused:

20. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Broncos 24 - Browns 19

6th round pick Brandon Allen makes his debut and throws 2 TDs / 0 INTs
    Just more evidence that Gase is the worst coach in the league ... by a Mile.

NYJFOREVER, NYJ_Jax28, Jets81 and 6 others like this.