Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'll hold off on praising him until he also gets the Jets to fire their idiot HC.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That could be true but there are others here who don't hate Gase but also knew the team would struggle and warned against irrational exuberance from the start. Not having an NFL quality backup at quarterback is a mistake which cannot be denied simply because an extra win or two would not have put this team in the playoffs. If anyone inside the Jets does not believe in fielding a team and playing to win every single game even if it means spending some money they need to be fired.

3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

1 - 6 on the horizon ? Appears that way

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I dont believe so if we can play as we did in the Cowboys game...

5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Again, I disagree. since you like old maxims, here's one for you..."Don't throw good money after bad." With a crappy OL, CBs, little or no pass rush, and a questionable HC, this team wasn't going to the playoffs. To think that it could is totally delusional imo. To blow cap space and draft picks to try to win one or two more games this season when it wasn't going to lead to a SB championship, would have been beyond dumb. Here's another old maxim for you, "One has to pick one's battles." Burning capital this year in what was probably going to be a lost season, especially when that would hurt the team's chances of getting significantly better next year, is flat out stupid. You're thinking like a fan who only cares about immediate gratification and can't see the big picture. Thank God, NFL GMs don't think that way. If they did, they'd never get within sniffing distance of the SB. They have to take the long term view. All we would have been able to acquire this year would have been some mediocre, and probably older players who would not help us at all beyond this year.

The goal isn't to make the playoffs, it's to win the SB. The sooner fans understand that the better.

And for the last time, we had an NFL-quality backup in Siemian. No one could have predicted that he would look like a deer in the headlights, play horribly and then get injured. Arguing that we should have had a strong #3 QB is even dumber. No team does that. Wake up.

6. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I didnt call anyone out speciffically.... but apparently I wasnt too far off given this response. Maybe youre just being an "Ajitator" :D

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Not sure who said it, and not sure of the context but from the other room I heard on the Fox pregame show “the head coach Gase, he was the problem in Miami”. I’d assume a discussion about Tannehill which is funny because the battle cry for the foolish Gase homers has [incorrectly] been that Tannehill had the best year of his career under Gase.

8. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Bowles offense was better than this crap.

9. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I say this almost weekly, but if you are someone that defended Gase at any point from his hiring to today, I have to question everything you ever say from this point forward. Anyone with a brain knows how awful he is, and unfortunately for us no one in our front office has a fucking brain.

SOJAZ and cmcm750203 like this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I heard some of Adam Gase's interview on ESPN radio the day following the New England debacle. For those saying it was the worst loss vs. NE ever, no, it wasn't. I'd put the Jets loss vs. NE 56-3 in 1979 as #1. Marty Lyons was so pissed off and frustrated he started crying on the sideline. I would not have poked Marty with a stick at that moment. He probably would've snapped my head off like a PEZ dispenser you got sick of. That being said, it was pretty bad.

So Adam Gase goes, "We misexecuted." Misexecuted, hmm. that's a a hot one. I won't be "misexecuting" anyone with a battle ax the next time I drive down to 1 Jets Drive.

Ooops. my bad, wrong clip.

12. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The only defense of Gase is a condemnation of the Jets organization as a whole. Despite top picks for a decade we have a significant deficiency in talent. You can’t stockpile defensive players for a decade, ignore the offense, and not build a dominant defense. The Jets have done just that — and we are left with a team with no offensive talent and a defense with big draft names but zero NFL impact. Not many coaches would succeed with a team that has missed on draft talent for a decade.

SOJAZ likes this.
  13. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Just came here to post this. We scored 333 points with Bowles and an OC we couldn’t wait to get rid of. The offensive genius is on pace to get us little more than 1/3 of that.

Acad23, CotcheryFan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  14. HomeoftheJets

My God, this is horrifying and brilliant at the same time.

15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Tannehill looks pretty good for Tennessee right now

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Hey Gase

what’s your new excuse you bastard?

fuck you

PoS

K'OB likes this.
  17. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Darnold continually reverts to abysmal mechanics with all of these pressuring defenders.

sam has to be better with the ball but the OL is a horror show.

SOJAZ likes this.
  18. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Gase really needs to be sent packing tomorrow, this is ridiculous. His offense sucks, the blocking schemes suck, he can't get the play in and the QB onto the field with more than 10 seconds on the play clock. Darnold's mechanics have gotten continuously worse over the last 3 weeks. He's not stepping into throws, he's not throwing the ball away when there's nothing there, and he's holding the ball with one hand when he's moving. Time to send dumb dumb packing.

19. HomeoftheJets

The warning signs were there. #FireAdamGase

NYJFOREVER likes this.
  20. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Who knew that Gase would make Bates' offense look like a juggernaut. :eek:

SOJAZ, K'OB and cmcm750203 like this.