Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The Dolphins just said.... "hold on a second Bro!" (It's Miami, they say Bro)

but sadly, theyre TRYING to suck

2. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

They are trying to suck and are on pace to score 102 points — 40% more points than us. This will be an interesting Rosen vs Darnold debate.

3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

ugggh... you're right. I was looking at "points scored" ..... before I remembered half their points were scored by D/ST :(

4. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

The situation Gase is in is tough. He doesn't have his qb, down a wr, down a te, and the line isn't good and the depth is awful. I'll give him that.

That being said he looks defeated. The offensive gameplan is unwatchable. Look we weren't winning any game with Luke Falk. He is bad but get creative. Roll the guy out. Buy him a little time. Throw in Bell, Powell, and Montgmery in a wildcat. Throw from it. See what happens. Not seeing anything. No innovation. Nothing.

Unfortanately the season is lost and it's all about seeing if Darnold could develop. Things will look better with him but will he develop with this coaching and the line?

Doubts I had about Gase coming in are rearing its head.

0-3 to end last season. 0-4 to begin this season. He seems to upset players. Never devoloped a qb. Seems overmatched and outcoached. As much as I would like to see Williams as the coach for the rest of the season I want to see a few with Darnold before any judgement is made. If Darnold plays the next two games the Cowboys and Patriots won't be easy but if the team shows life and the offense looks better then we need to let it ride. If they come out looking like they have been cut bait in November and see what happens. Either way another lost year in September. Sad.

0-7 in his last 7 isn't good either.

ponytrekker and SOJAZ like this.
  5. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Worse is you can't fire him yet because he's got the main guy on offense and defense out so it's not "fair" and they will give him the entire year at least. I will be very impressed with Joe Douglas if he cans him at the end of the year instead of waiting for the inevitable 1-4 start next year

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  6. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I posted something similar about Douglas and a year-end shitcanning yesterday. However, I woke up this morning and realized that only the Johnsons can fire someone. :/

NCJetsfan likes this.
  7. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Room for one more?

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The bold is the answer to your question as to "Why fire Gase now"? Behind this line and Gase's "schemes" and play calling, the likelihood of Darnold getting hurt is very high, maybe even career-ending. No thanks.

And I know you're a very astute observer and follow football closely, so I have to ask: do you really see anything redeeming in Gase? He's a "dead coach walking", end his and our misery.

Ralebird and SOJAZ like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

Who's saying anything would "fix our problems"? No one is saying that! What we want to see is some basic competency! Not even a win, just some fucking competency! And who is it that chose to keep these players, and insists on using the same schemes and plays even when he obviously doesn't have the players that can execute them? Remember Gase is the one who wanted Siemian and Falk.

#989 ColoradoContrails, Oct 7, 2019
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and SOJAZ like this.
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And again, for the 1000000000th time, I am not excusing Gase from any blame. He deserves blame on many levels.

What I am simply pointing out is that our roster is depleted to a point where I truly believe Alabama, Clemson, etc. could possibly beat us. Does Gase have some blame for that? Of course, but if you are at a point that you are pointing blame at Gase for his backup QB choice, then there are much deeper rooted issues at hand.

This year has proven that we do not have the talent to compete week after week. Mac deserves ALL of the blame for that one.

Sam Darnold goes out with mono. Siemien breaks his leg. Falk sucks.
    Our center came out of retirement to play with us.
    Our starting TE is serving a 4 game suspension.
    Our starting linebacker and arguably the best player on defense has been out for weeks.
    One of our starting receivers is out for the year.
    We signed our starting kicker in week 3.

Again, as Boomer said during halftime, you have a guy that should never see an NFL field calling the shots at QB. There isn't much you can do to fix that. Add in the horrible play at offensive line, which is years of horrible drafting by Mac, and you get the outcome we are seeing.

Next week hopefully Darnold will be back and Herndon will be back from his suspension. Gase should be able to open the playbook much more.

Let's see what they look like against Dallas. If they suck as bad as they have, then 1000% it is on Gase.

LeonNYJ likes this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

When all is said and done, the only difference between what you're saying, and what I suggest is a matter of a few games. Unless you still believe that Gase is a good HC and is just the recipient of bad luck. If you think Gase is a good HC, I don't know what your criteria are for judging coaches, but you need to reconsider them. But if you're willing to change your mind based on one more game, then can't you see that you've already decided that he sucks?

And why should Gase NOT be blamed for his back up QB choice? Aren't they the two clowns who have shown themselves to not be NFL quality QBs? And what GOOD HC doesn't prepare for the high probability of his starting QB being out for a game or more?

The OL was supposedly upgraded in the offseason, but they look worse than last year - does Gase get a pass on that?

The loss of Mosely has nothing to do with thee putrid offense that Gase is in charge of.

Why did it take until the 3rd week of the regular season to realize that your kicker was no good?

Your defense of Gase is full of holes, and only prolongs the obvious: he's not fit to be an NFL HC.

12. The issue is itd be hard to find anything redeeming about ANY offensive coach w the OL/QB situation right now.Thats not an excuse just reality.

Thats why if hes as clueless as we all think we need a few competent bodies back to let him fall on his sword.

NCJetsfan, FJF, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He wanted Falk on the practice squad not as his starting QB. We had basic competency with Bowles who got 5 wins out of a shit roster. He was universally hated and you and everyone else wanted him out. I'm all for firing Gase if Douglas wants to fire him and has a plane for his replacement. As of now I don't see it.

I watched the Colts beat up on KC last night. The great Andy Reid with the Michael Jordan of the NFL put 10 on the board and had the ball run down his throat with a game changing guard they picked up with one of Mac's traded picks.

stinkyB and FJF like this.
  14. ColoradoContrails

Does wanting Bowles fired somehow negate my wanting Gase fired? I never wanted Gase, but was more than willing to give him a chance, but he's shown me enough to confirm my initial fears.

And don't get me started on how Macc had to burn those picks to try and make up for his stupidity in not taking Mahomes!:mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I didn't say ONE game would determine if he should go. What I said was that if the putrid offense continues with Darnold, meaning throughout the rest of the season, then we need to re-evaluate him as a head coach.

And Gase chose Falk as a 3rd string QB, which is essentially a practice arm. But you want to start pointing to decisions like that as evidence of a shitty coach, then please enlighten me as to all the 3rd string QB's other great coaches have signed that proved their brilliance?

The offensive line was "upgraded" by Mike McCagnan and a touch of Douglas. McCagnan traded for Osemele in March and was fired in May. In fact, there were quite a few reports stating that Gase was upset with Mac because he didn't address the offensive line better in the off-season, including signing a center.

The loss of Mosley does not have to do with the putrid offense that Gase is in charge of, but it does have to do with the entire team that Gase is in charge of.

As for Kicker, correct me if I'm wrong, but Gase didn't let Meyers walk. In fact, we are on our 4th kicker since the start of camp. Doesn't sound like a coach who is not noticing we need a better kicker until week 3, like you claim.

You ever heard of these players:

Cody Kessler
    Alex McGough
    Trace McSorley
    Easton Stick
    DeShone Kizer
    Nate Sudfeld
    Will Grier

Those are 3rd string QBs on NFL rosters. Should we evaluate how good they are and determine if the coach made a smart move signing them in the chance they might see the field as a starter?

Actually, out of 32 NFL teams, 16 of them do not have a 3rd string QB. Are they even worse coaches because they have not addressed that maybe their starter gets mono and their backup breaks his leg?

16. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

17. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I would. Lets face it winning is the best cure all.
    I want to win.
    I want to have faith in the HC. But he has to earn that faith.

Biggs likes this.
  19. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

You win with players coaches are overrated.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Link?