Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Good job LA... season can not end soon enough so Gas can be shown the door,

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I really like Chris Olave. He's a stud. He isn't super fast to me but has speed. He is a great route runner. He has a suddenness to his routes that allow him to be fast and crisp in and out of his breaks. Which obviously makes him really good at creating separation. His hands are good, not great. He's above average at contested balls. His biggest knock to me is his size. I think he's a little small for the NFL but I could be wrong.

I think he is just as good as TM In college. Better even in certain areas.

Now. I also like Devin Smith coming out of college. I was wrong with him. I think his injuries were the reason for him failing overall in the NFL. Still, I was wrong there.

So I'm subject to being wrong here too. Ha

I do like him a lot though. I really like Garrett Wilson at WR too. I might like him more honestly.

4. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Thanks for your feedback. Who is TM?

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Sorry.

Terry McLaurin.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Great video. Good insight into bringing in an alpha dog type of coach. I have a feeling after all the mis steps in the selection of our previous coaches over the years, the ownership might be reluctant to select anyone without a strong resume of demonstrated capability at the next level. This might force the hand in the direction of a previous HC with a strong personality a la Bill Parcells.

8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks for that!

While I'm thinking that hiring Cowher falls under the "Too good to be true" heading, I think that is absolutely the best thing that could happen - assuming that reports that he and Douglas get along well are true. In his role as analyst Cowher has had to stay up to date on everything that's happened in the NFL since he left the sideline, and in actuality, he knows much more than any active HC who would've been only concerned with his own team(s). I have no doubt he would be a CEO type but who would also get his hands dirty as needed.

And lending some hope for this outcome, it may be that the reason Gase hasn't been fired yet is because Cowher wants to finish the season in his current job. Maybe wishful on my part, but it would explain what otherwise to me is unexplainable.

9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Saw some footage of Cowher on the sidelines on GMFB this week and was thinking sign me up for some of that. He'd definitely get his hands dirty.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I'm starting to warm up to the idea, provided he brings in a top OC that can take over the helm in three years or so. There is no doubt in my mind he will bring discipline and preparedness to this team. The question is will he recognize where the game is really going to now and select the CS to help him get there. A strong passing attack well balanced with the run for starters.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The new coach needs to bring in good complete staff, I think Cowher is too far away from the game to have pull with or be able to know who is the up and coming hotshots. We need that type of coach though, someone who knows how to set up a proper chain of command. Who lets the oc and dc coach but is the final word on any play. A guy knows how to get his players, mostly very young,to buy into his system and give everything they have. None of the young offensive gurus really impress me. Graham the giants dc is one who I like but we need an offense guy for Trevor ,plus we need someone to fix this messed up system the Johnson s have set up. Peterson if he is fired might be the guy short-term. He has a relationship with JD , could set up a good chain of command.with a football person in ultimate charge of decisions. He might lead us to a few winning seasons and then we hire the guy to lead us over the top in yr 3 of Trevor's career. I feel we are a 1-15 team with an organization that is the worst in football. Soo much needs to be changed beyond the football field for us to be a good team. One reason I so down on JD , almost 2 yrs in and all we have to show for it is 2 good draft picks( most teams believe they have hit home runs on their draft picks as well in the first yr}. We have a team that is the biggest mess in the NFL. A guy like JD if he was a complete GM would be able to take control of this team and start to restructure it. If Gase is able to step up and fire a GM, you know there is a void of leadership and anyone that is a strong person can step up and run this team,yet it is still Gases team and JD is doing almost nothing

12. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Gase always coaches better late in the yr, I give him a 33 percent chance of winning one of the last games.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Olave reminds me a lot of Ted Ginn Jr. Same body type and makes his money on those deep outs and fly patterns.

I have a pair of friends who are huge Ohio State fans who tell me differently though and have a similar opinion of him as you do. We'll see what he becomes.

I like Wilson a lot.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

10 seconds left from Seattle's 40 yard line. One timeout left.

Gase calls a timeout to avoid a delay of game. Can't throw the ball over the middle to help your FG kicker out who is struggling.

Really one of the all time dumb things I've ever seen in an NFL game.

Sack exchange and IDFjet like this.
  15. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

He outdoes himself weekly

apjbfc, Sack exchange and IDFjet like this.
  16. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

How about also calling plays to throw to Braxton Berrios...lol.

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

That doesn't really matter. He's catching the ball and gaining yardage isn't he?

IDFjet likes this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

If Peyton Manning was building a team, would he hire Gase as the HC? I'm 95% sure he wouldn't.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Another week and another low, Jets were not ready to play, they are being outplayed and out coached at every level. Embarrassing. As a lifelong jet fan, having to endure this incompetence is at a new low!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ, Jets79, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  20. How does this ownership even keep a straight face? How could they even BEGIN to claim they care about this fan base

Its so fucking insulting to keep this idiot coach