Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

No one has ever denied Bowles being a very good defensive coordinator. The Jets defense was good under him too. It was just that, like Rex Ryan, he never could put together a good offense and he was terrible at in game adjustments. Bowles was pretty much a low key Rex without a stacked team for two years.

Bowles, unlike Adam Gase, made a smart move by going back to a coordinator role. Most coaches that have success in their second coaching stint took a step down back to a coordinator role and did more learning before giving it a shot again. I liked Bowles as a person, so I hope he has success if he ever decides to go for a HC role again.

SOJAZ, barfolomew, PJ4Ever and 2 others like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The problem with Gase is he's also a terrible offensive coordinator.

3. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I give gase credit though, he stepped back and let the hobbit Loggins call the plays. Of course, by doing that, he essentially cut off his own legs

SOJAZ likes this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hey, hobbits are really cool and don't deserve that kind of disrespect.

[​IMG]

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Remember when we hired Gase over Kingsbury? Good times.

6. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Dowell the dwarf not bad in 1st half, but just as bad as Gase in 2nd half!!! No adjustments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Gase let Dowell Loggains call the plays to show he sucks at it too? Not exactly great Head Coaching. Loggains? More like No Gains, am I right? But seriously......

FIRE ADAM GASE. What is the hold up?

Sack exchange likes this.
  8. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

remember when we were going to hire Rhule until our asshole stupid motherfucking owner and clueless Mac decided they knew better than him who the OC and DC should be? So glad he told them to go fuck themselves, the stupid bastards

Its not even because I love Rhule ... just the audacity to think they know better...

Since1969, SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

So what did Gase do today?

10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

We need to lose every game we can.. Not to mention Chris Johnson can't admit he fcked up the hire after claiming this idiot was a "genius".

SOJAZ likes this.
  11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Chris Johnson doesn't have to admit anything. The evidence is there. Gase is (0-7) currently and (7-16) overall. Truly horrendous. I don't care about the fans who want to tank for Lawrence. There are right and wrong ways to do things. If your offensive genius coach gets 4 yards of offense in 1 half after blowing a 10-0 lead to drop to (0-7), you FIRE them in the morning. That's life. If that sparks the team to win 2 or 3 games out of the last 9, that is fine.

The roster is terrible. They are not beating the Chiefs, Chargers, Seahawks, Rams, Raiders or Browns. The only possibility is division games against the Patriots and Dolphins. Gase could end up hurting the team wanting to beat Belichick and his former team, so I don't like the "keeping Gase to continue the tank" argument.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Every day he’s still here is another day that keeping him for 2021 remains a possibility

88toon, Since1969, Ralebird and 4 others like this.
  13. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think time, last season and this season have erased just how ineffective Bowles' Ds were most of the time. They were only good when he was running the D. Kasey Rodgers was pretty bad as a DC.

Was Bowles smart, or did he just not have the opportunity to be hired as a HC immediately after he was fired by the Jets, as Gase was after being fired by the Dolphins?

Red Menace likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

I have to admit that I had big concerns over the staff that Rhule wanted to put together. He had almost no NFL experience. If memory serves me correctly, he wanted to bring his staff from Baylor with him. I liked the choice of Todd Monken as OC that the Jets wanted to hire. Joe Brady wouldn't have been available to Rhule if we had hired him. I didn't want to hire Rhule his lack of NFL experience really frightened me. I was wrong. He has done an amazing job with the Panthers, but Joe Brady is a big part of that..

PJ4Ever likes this.
  15. NCJetsfan

As far as I can tell, Chris Collingsworth has always hated the Jets, but his plan of how he would fix the Jets is pretty good.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2020/10/nbc...ic-bieniemy-and-clemsons-trevor-lawrence.html

Creating a KC East is the right plan. Draft a GREAT QB prospect, build a dynamic offense around him with lots of weapons and speed. I like Bieniemy, but I don't like the fact that he has never called plays. He may want to as HC, and that could lead to play calling as Gase or Schottenheimer or it could be very good, or somewhere in between. IMO play calling is as important as the design of the offense and plays. Play calling is an art. It can set up the D to give up big plays and can keep them off balance, or it can be predictable. If he lets his OC call the plays, and that OC is an experienced, successful play caller that would be one thing. Since he has never been a HC, he'll have enough new things to figure out.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Good job - give that man a hat!
    [​IMG]

17. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Ralebird likes this.
  18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

A lot of the guys listed are average players that found themselves on better teams. Our roster is so bad that we can’t elevate average players so they are dragged down to the lowest common denominator. It’s not the case that Winters, Osemele, Beachum etc were star players that just needed a chance to shine.

Jonathan_Vilma and Jets79 like this.
  19. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

It’s just so frustrating with our dumbass owners....Gase’s record speaks for itself. Bottom tier offenses just about every year without Peyton. Losing record at two franchises. Alienates star players too often. I don’t buy the injury excuses baevause that’s been a constant with him...there is probably a correlation there.

He’s just a bad HC...it is what it is.
    I still can’t believe we hired him immediately after being fired...he didn’t come with a winning record. I know some point out Belichick as a coach with a losing record his first go round then a winning record at NE, but he didn’t start winning until he got Brady, and in any case, I’m guessing the list of HCs who lost and then won isn’t a long one.

he was a bad hire that few understood in the first place, and he has proven that doubt to be warranted.

Cant wait until he’s gone...

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Osemele had one good game with the Chiefs and got his knob slobbered on by Collinsworth so everyone thinks we screwed up. He was a massive liability versus the Chargers and ended up blocking basically no one against the Patriots (3-man rush) or double teaming. They had 65 yards rushing on 18 carries from runningbacks.

We didn't miss anything letting him go. Beachum is the same Beachum that left the Jets. A solid middle of the road tackle who won't blow anyone off the ball in the run game and can be a decent pass blocker.

We should've kept Winters. Dumb move letting him go. We also should've kept Brandon Shell. He's a fringe NFL starter but he would've been a great swing tackle and he wasn't that expensive. That moves on JD.

Some of the guys on that anti-Gase team are ridiculous though. Suh was a horrible Tannenbaum signing but he was good with and without Gase. There was no effect there. But he was overpaid and a good cut. The Dolphins won that Tunsil trade. Jarvis Landry?

Landry with Gase: 206 receptions for 2,103 yards, 13 touchdowns

Landry in 2 years after Gase: 164 catches for 2,150 yards, 10 touchdowns

#5860 Jonathan_Vilma, Oct 29, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
    ConcordeChops likes this.