Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

uhhhhh...what? Falk was horrendous

94Abraham likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The Titans should give Tannehill a shot, maybe he's better than people think.

All Gas No Shake and Peebag like this.
  3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Genius in the sense that it’s so fucking stupid the other team might not even see it coming but unfortunately...

ColoradoContrails and NYJFOREVER like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yup which is why we can get 5 yards after the catch every time. Innovative!

5. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

6. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Yes, but he wasn't exactly put in a position to succeed. Passing on first down helps a QB because the defense has to play pass and run. First drive Run on first decent gain decent pass on second for a first. Run again on first then the stupid wildcat. That is just bad play calling.

Edit: The wildcat has not worked in 5 years

7. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

the most depressing part about all this is that when we finally hire an offensive HC for the first time since Kotite the unthinkable happens ... he is somehow worse

CBG likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

Yup. We are going nowhere until we ditch Gase and his offense that hasn’t been successful since a hall of fame QB was calling his own plays at the line.

Maybe now people see why it was a tremendously terrible idea to hire dumb fuck Dowell Loaggins who has done nothing but serve as a yes man for Gase and flop as an OC everywhere he’s gone. Only the Jets and Jets fans could look at a body of work as awful as Gase’s and think “you know what, it’s going to change the second he gets here“.

ColoradoContrails, Ralebird and CBG like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

I never really wanted to miss Chan Gailey yet here we are...

10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

On another drive i think in the second half it was 3rd and 2 they showed the route trees on replay and all routes were 10 plus yards down field. Again, horrible play calling.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. BrowningNagle

true but Falk was confused and lost out there. He is not an NFL Quarterback.

The poster I responded to said he "looked much more competent" than Matt Cassel - a guy who played 14 years in the NFL and made a pro bowl

12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

That is on the coach also. There were a few QB's out there that played for Gase in the past and have NFL experience.

13. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

We actually had that.

Brian Schottenheimer's offense looked halfway functional when Brett Favre was calling his own plays at the line. Then Favre was injured. Typical Jets luck.

14. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Having the night to sleep off yesterday's game, I think these are my exact sentiments, but I'm more on the "Gase is a disaster" side of things.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  15. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Probably the most fair assessment. Yes we're missing a bunch of starters, yes we're on our 3rd string QB, but that doesn't mean we should've scored 3 points on offense in 2 games. It doesn't mean it's okay to have our defense + ST doubling our offenses point totals

macbk and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  16. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

I know we now have Gase so the sensible thing would be to give him time, and all the sensible heads say give him a chance, but based on what exactly? because at Miami he was boring and it didn't go well and now he is here and it has got off to an absolute disaster of a start. He will of course be in charge until the end of the season, but if we finish 3-13 or 2-14, Does anyone think Douglas will not just go get someone else? I have seen all the positive threads saying colts were 1-5 etc, i hope i'm wrong but i can't see a win until Miami, by then we will be 0-7 potentially, Jags and eagles seem our best shot, both on the road and i certainly wouldn't back us with this scheme to actually win, keep it close maybe, but win? I didn't like Gase hiring, but i am willing to give it time, but it's getting harder and harder to keep trying to be patient watching us at the minute. Ownership should just let Douglas pick next guy, hopefully we can have some competitive games soon, because yesterday was just embarrassing.

17. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It is not about points per say. It s 105 yards on offense 0fer on 3rd down. Always behind the sticks, this is bad coaching. Our O-line is healthy and are worse than last year. Jeremy Bates had more success with this group of players than Gase.

From what I have seen thus far Gase is not a good play caller. The first 15 plays are scripted, that means you have studied the opposing defense all week and have come up with some good plays that you think will work. That is why a lot of bad offenses do well on the first drive. The Jets with Gases offense have not gotten two consecutive first downs on the opening drive. ( That is coaching).

I was giving this guy the benefit of the doubt but with his excuses and bad play calling it has gotten hard. A good play caller is not about a good play here and there but about getting your team in a rhythm. I was hoping some of the hype was real about Gase.

The Superbowl game he called was another dud. Maybe he should actually try to sleep that might make his decision making a bit better.

18. BrowningNagle

Gase picked Douglas... Douglas is only here because of Gase. people need to realize that. Douglas isn't going to fire Gase.

furthermore, the Johnson's are still paying Bowles through 2020. so if they canned Gase, they'd have to pay another coach and essentially pay for 3 coaches next year. that aint gonna happen either

Gase is here at least through 2020 like it or not, and most likely Gase & Douglas will always be a package deal. The Johnson's would have to can them both when the time comes

19. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

It only worked for Brad Smith because the defense had to be cautious of him throwing.

20. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Maybe they will force an OC on him. He definitely cannot handle putting together a game plan, helping with the o-line and calling a game.

NYJetsO12 likes this.