Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Obviously teams change year over year, but the Jets schedule didn’t look favorable the last time I looked at it.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Listening to all this I am already depressed Gase will shit the bed and have no clue using all his new personnel

I am fine with Williams but we need to score points

Maybe Joe Douglas can Coach and GM simultaneously like Bellichek:rolleyes:

barfolomew likes this.
  3. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

At the end if the day, Gase is still a young and relatively inexperienced coach. The main thing he needs to show, just like any young player, is progress. We all said the same for Todd Bowles... Guy never seemed to progress as a coach. Can Gase grow? Will he learn from past mistakes? That's what matters with him. If he grows, the team will look better than last year even if the record doesn't necessarily show it due to schedule difficulty. If he shows growth, then keep him around in 2021. If he sucks then he has to go.

4. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Gase has been a HC for as long as Bowles.
    Let that sink in..

FlaJet, barfolomew, SOJAZ and 2 others like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He's not a first time HC. His track record is that of a losing HC who doesn't learn from his mistakes - it's always "injuries" or "poor personnel", never that his "genius" could be at fault.

Some guys are not cut out to be a HC. Gase is one of those guys.

FlaJet, barfolomew, rammagen and 3 others like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I guess we'll have to disagree. I see no reason why Mehta would hate Gase or any evidence that he does. Simply writing about Gase's failures is not an indication he hates him.

It may have been unprofessional of Mahta to not show up for a press conference or it might have been his day off but that's not the question here, it doesn't make his opinion of the job Gase does unprofessional.

7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t know how many times this has to be said and by how many different people before it finally sinks in.

FlaJet, SOJAZ, Ralebird and 1 other person like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Browing, dont let Metha get under your skin. IMO he is not worth reading or even talking about. He is a huge step down from Cimini if that was ever possible. He has no contacts, no insider information, and hardly ever writes anything that is "news", most of his stuff is old rehashed personal observations often covered elsewhere at nausea.. He is a far cry from a respected journalist.

barfolomew and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

So what I am seeing here is Jet fans are already counting Gase and this offense out. Just in case, I'll get ready for that crow eating fest.

10. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

If Gase bombs this year, it most likely means Darnold bombed it as well, it's unlikely that Sam plays well and our record is terrible. If we have 5 wins or fewer, it most likely means Darnold has pedestrian stats again and Gase wasn't able to galvanize the team.

This would most likely result in another change in coaching staff and another consideration for a QB change. Especially if we have a pick in top 3. They invested way too much in the Oline, kept an overpaid RB and are adequate at WR/TE IMO.

We should be 8-8 if defense maintains and Sam improves.

barfolomew likes this.
  11. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

He's coached 4 seasons, that's inexperienced in comparison to a lot of coaches... and yes, the teams he has coached have sucked. The Dolphins and the Jets have been two of the most mismanaged teams in the league for a long time. He's only had a single season where his QB started all 16 games (of which that QB had his best overall season in his career). I'm not saying Gase is great, but he's had some shit luck along the way. Even his first year with this team included tons of injuries including his starting QB with crap depth. Douglas has done a good job in improving the team, so I'm curious to see if he can take that next step, otherwise yeah, he's done.

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe Gase's system just doesn't work with Jet personnel?? I think Gase has this year to turn it around or at the very least, he has to match last year's record. He matches 7-9 and he'll make it to 2021. If the team regresses, I don't see how CJ keep him on the payroll.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So I think it's fair to assume that if the allegations of Gore going directly to the owner to bash the head coach, neither the head coach nor the player would want to reunite.

barfolomew and J-Raw24 like this.
  14. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Nah they hate each other. It's just about the money. Lol. Gore will be in in Johnson's office by mid season. Don't you know all players hate Gase. Sam even does. Sheesh get with the time Vilma.

barfolomew likes this.
  15. HotSauce

HotSauce Member

16. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

money does strange things but is it not amazing Robbie left and Adams used Gase an excuse to leave even called him out as bad coach.... Like we did not know today's game just confirmed that gase is not a winning coach. You heard of the midas touch gase has the fecal touch and I see it spreading to some of the posters and the entire offense. You have an issue with what was posted a long time ago to quote this then why don't you tweet to Chris Kouffman (@ckparrot) and ask him I quoted him and he was the one who called it out

FlaJet and BacktoQueens like this.
  17. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

2nd yr in the system for Sam ......sorry but Gase sucks he is an offensive genius that cant get his offense out of the bottom 4 in the league, that should be enough to tell you he is not a good coach if what you are hired to do get the offensive respectable and you cant do that in 5 yrs running

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's real easy to come back and say I told you so the same day the team puts together the awful game we just watched. Let's see what happens the next 3-4 weeks before you declared yourself correct.

Not to mention - my opinion is unchanged on Gore. I can't imagine the situation was THAT bad that he went straight to the owners office and then turned around and signed to play with the same guy he hated that much.

19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

You lose pal

rammagen likes this.
  20. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

2nd year and offense is still the worse part of the team under an "offensive genius" and on a team where we have zero star players on defense

rammagen, barfolomew and BacktoQueens like this.