Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

You really don't get it... he played like crap under Gase. He only missed 7 regular games out of 48 due to injury, so that is a non factor. Obviously the FO and maybe even Flores saw his potential which Gase failed to get from him and resigned him before he even got to practice with Flores. It does show Gase maybe didn't know what to do with Parker.

As I said the other 20 or whatever players mostly agree have no reflections on Gase. This one I think might. But again. I don't see it as a reason to crucify Gase.

The fact some of you blindly support Gase instead of thinking is just as bad as the "Fire Gase Now" fans who dont stop to think. There is a possibility Gase was unable to reach Parker and tap his potential.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes and that's precisely the point, they wanted to not give Parker a contract until he could prove he could stay healthy and earn it. From a team standpoint it is always better to have players hungry for a new contract.

Its very cynical but in Collision Low Crossers, Mike Tannenbaum was surprisingly pretty open about this. Different GMs have different strategies but his personal opinion was/is that money is the no.1 motivator across the league. So you have a guy like DeVante Parker, he's always injured, not even the most reliable receiver even when he is healthy. Lets just wait and see before we go giving out any contracts.

and Parker finally stayed healthy this year and got his money. Not the 1st nor the last guy to do that, as a matter of fact that's the same story for like 90% of guys who get a second contract
    -

it doesn't have anything to do with "seeing his potential" or whatever bullshit spewed in this thread

101GangGreen101 likes this.
  3. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

List me the timeline in which Parker got paid in correlation to when Flores got hired.

4. 101GangGreen101

It's truly is hilarious the type of things certain fans come up with around here. It was totally the right approach, the guy was immature and wasn't in shape, and couldn't always stay healthy. Some diva type WRs need that kick in the ass.

5. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Aargh, multiple posts from multiple posters using the same points to arrive at totally different conclusions. Going round and round and round in circles. And none of it is entirely related to Gase's performance with the Jets.

And it's not even the off season properly yet!

NYJetsO12, J-Raw24 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  6. J-Raw24

At this point every bit of information you could need and have asked for as been provided multiple times. It's been linked in articles and stated over and over. I seen no point in converging with you because you obviously haven't paid attention to anything and just ran off your mouth. Hopefully you learn to do your research and look at others post before commenting on them. That said I have no use for continuing this conversation with you because at no point did you look at facts or anything that has already been posted.

7. J-Raw24

I do apologize for repeating myself continuously. I will try to refrain from conversation with people who obviously don't understand or even read things that are posted for them.

8. 101GangGreen101

Huh? I don't see an answer to my question? Did you find out if February comes before March?

:)

9. J-Raw24

Here you go again. If you read anything posted you would know I said Parker sign a contract in March before ever playing for Flores. That doesn't imply before Flores was signed. You are putting words in other people mouths. I in fact stated this multiple times. If you go a problem with me we can figure it out. But continuously posting in a thread in which you have provided nothing useful except to continuously harass someone and spew garbage is redundant. If you can read what I type and see I said Parker never played for Flores before signing the move on and quit Harrasing.

10. 101GangGreen101

Apparently, new coaches don't interview players when they get hired. But hey, Parker got an incentive laden contract that became something much more, but you keep on thinking thats on Gase.

No one is harassing you, you could put me on ignore or better yet don't quote me.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

So this is one of the big concerns I have with Gase: his inability to relate to at least some players, or perhaps holding some kind of grudge against them:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.c...egrets-freezing-out-damien-williams-in-miami/

"Williams told Jim Trotter of NFL Network that he’s still bothered by the way things ended in Miami, after the Dolphins let him walk into free agency.

He had suffered a shoulder injury during the 2017 season, but then-coach Adam Gase (now with the Jets) said the the team planned to bring him back. But after Williams had surgery, Gase wouldn’t take his calls.

That really hurt,” Williams said. “I was there four years and gave Miami my all. I still have not spoken to him to this day. That hurt me because me and Gase were cool.”

Gase said now he regrets how he handled it, but has he really learned his lesson based on how he handled guys who were injured this season? It doesn't look like it. Based on what I've seen of him and how he interacts with people - media, some players, his "IDGAF" attitude towards anyone who disagrees with him or criticizes him. Is this something that can be learned, or is it s fixed part of his character? I'm not a psychologist so I don't know, but if he doesn't figure out a way to improve this aspect of himself a lot, he's not going to last...unless he wins a SB, in which case he can be however he wants to be. I don't see that happening though.

Noam, NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Another player that has an issue with Gase and gets better after getting out from under him? Color me shocked.

Noam and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. BrowningNagle

Jimmy Garrapolo, another player that Belichick had an issue with that got better once getting out from under him.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Good point. Belichick acts like an asshole and hasn’t validated it once in his entire career with a ring.

15. 101GangGreen101

lmao what an asshole

BrowningNagle likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There's no evidence to suggest that Garoppolo got better after leaving the Pats. All we know is he started 2 games with the Pats and had a passer rating of 106.2 in those games. There's also no evidence to suggest that Belichick had an issue with him.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Come September the Pro and Anti Gase crowd will live and die by their previous Posts.

I want positive results from Gase but as the saying goes "the past is prologue " and with a reloaded Roster provided by JD there should be no more excuses or apologies if the Team doesn't move forward

18. BrowningNagle

If Belichick wanted to keep him he wouldn’t have traded him. It’s the same argument with Gase and this random running back from the chiefs

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No it isn't. Garoppolo's rookie deal was about to end, and Belichick had Brady. Also, there are reports Belichick wanted to keep Garoppolo, but Kraft wouldn't let him.

ColoradoContrails and Noam like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

yea I don’t buy that report for nothin. Kraft has given Belichick free reign to do what he likes for 20 years. But one day randomly he tells him to trade a backup QB, yeah right