Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

The o line is decent and henry is having a break out year. That said last year they had the same o line and Henry.. the coach has just done a good job coaching them up

2. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Bell has made people miss, and he breaks tackles as well. Just saying you have to try and I think the Bengals game would've been a good opportunity to showcase Bell's skillsets, those linebackers are not good. Bell can run any route, so everything in the route tree is a go IMO.

The screen game has been non-existent even with Powell in there from what I can recall. Rarely do they call it to begin with. Best way to beat a blitz is with a screen. Some games, I feel like he doesn't even get targets.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He’s not having a breakout year, he ran for 1,000 and 11tds last year at the same 5.0 yds/att he is doing this year.

Jonathan_Vilma and dawinner127 like this.
  4. FJF

2nd year in the system probably helps a lot too.

5. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Helps a lot. Probably the biggest reason for bringing back Gase. I don't think the system is bad, but I do think the play-calling is very much suspect, as many have indicated. The Raiders game was great all around though, got everyone involved. It's a shame players and coaches cannot communicate over the summer outside of practices. A lot of time for development.

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Henry’s last 16 games are absurd. Anyone saying that this is his breakout year is clueless.

Derrick Henry in his last 16 games:
    319 carries
    1,725 yards
    5.4 YPC
    18 rush TDs
    20 receptions
    221 yards
    2 receiving TDs

Jonathan_Vilma and FJF like this.
  7. J-Raw24

Yea. He's a good runner but mariota couldn't put it all together. Tannehill seems to be doing way better. Only 6 games but still. I give props to the gm and coach. Think it was a 7th they gave up and so far its working out.

8. J-Raw24

12 of those games are this year. Nut yeah looking he did have a good year last year. This year is just going to be even better. 4 games left and he's a beast.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Week in and week out we hear about how poorly Bell is being used. He’s a stud pass catching running back that is elite in open space. Yes our OL is making it hard to run but that’s not even close to an excuse for as to why Gase doesn’t run screens, run outside the numbers or... gasp... set him up at receiver. How can you possibly say he’s known for building around his QB and hiding their weaknesses? Sam’s strength is rolling out and it took half a season for Gase to start calling designed roll outs consistently. I mean everything about that notion has been proven wrong and we aren’t even through one season.

You’re right, he doesn’t need Peyton Manning to run his offense. But anytime he’s tried to run it without him his offense has ranked close to dead last.

10. FJF

i'm not sure bell and gase are a good marriage. to that end i'm not sure what type of run game gase wants to use. is he andy reid- esque where he views it as a necessary evil? I don't know. bell is another by product of mac and gase forced wedding. but the passing game can work, sam is trending upwards and it seems that douglas and gase are willing to work together. all good reasons to stay the course.

11. FJF

DFs players know when a player breaks out. lol

dawinner127 likes this.
  12. BroadwayAaron

Gase is not a good coach, part 17:

Noam likes this.
  13. FJF

titans were using dion lewis early in the year last year. henry wasn't getting touches. then he exploded. but he is averaging the same yds/att this year. he's a monster. tannehill is reaping the benefits and being a vet qb taking advantage. we've seen countless 30 year old qbs fall in to the right situation for a year. usually on a good team with talent around them and they don't have to carry the offense. 30-33 are peak years for qb's. it's the point in their careers where they have seen it all and really started losing the physical skill to do they do. great qbs have huge year's. ok qbs have good years. but there's no way tannehill is doing what he's done without henry and that oline.

dawinner127 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  14. J-Raw24

True but the coach has them playing good all around. Other than henry and the O line it relatively no bodies. But I definitely agree. Henry makes the job a lot easier.

15. 1.They were playing from behind the whole game
    2.The running game gets ZERO push & we dont have the speed back that can out run his blocks
    3.Our only hope playing from behind to score points is putting the ball in Sam’s hands.

Sorry.Handing the ball off to Bell on all these exotic creative run plays wasnt getting us back into that game.

FJF likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

We didn’t NEED to start passing until the third quarter. Bell had 5 carries in the first half. It’s inexcusable.

17. FJF

edit. Misread the post

18. FJF

That’s what really good o lines do for a team. You swap our o line with the titans and you aren’t even here posting today. Jet fans know this all too well. We seen a great o line make Sanchez look like a franchise qb in his 2nd year.

19. J-Raw24

Not sure I agree with that. I still think Gase is bad at adjustment and a horrible play caller. I will agree we have talent issues. But I think there is a lot more than just o line issues with this team. Bad coaching, lack of talent, and as some of have eluded to I'm not sold there isn't some tampering from our glorious owners.

20. FJF

The meddling owner theory is never proven. Like I said though, we win v cinci and Miami with a good o line. 4-8 becomes 6-6 and playoff contention. That and the fact that Sam looks good is why the fire gase stuff is a complete waste of time.