Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Do we have worst talent than the dolphins, NO. They gutted their whole team, yet the fans love their new coach. Name a player on the phins defense, I can not. On offense it is Fitz and Parker,plus a 5th string running back off practice squad. Maybe running behind the worst o-line in the NFL. Who else are the Dolphins? Yet they could come in to New York in Dec and beat us. I do not think it will happen because Gase does win at home however Flores will prove to be a better coach than Gase which in the NFL is so important

NCJetsfan, NYJetsO12 and BacktoQueens like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't understand where everyone thinks we have some superior talent to the likes of the Dolphins, Bengals, Lions, etc. Have you seen our offensive line? We have 118 yards more on the ground than the Dolphins and only average ten more yards per game. We've allowed three less sacks.

Our entire offensive line will be replaced in the off-season. And we'll likely add another receiver and runningback. It's a complete overhaul job.

Do you realize when Demaryus Thomas doesn't play Sunday because of his hamstring (been on a steady decline since 2017 and is on his 4th team in four seasons), we will be relying on 5'9" Braxton Berrios with a career high in college of 679 yards, as our primary "X" receiver?

#2542 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    SOJAZ and FJF like this.
  3. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Whatever limited talent remaining in Miami (in Gase's tumultuous wake), they traded away or put on IR.
    They were legit doing their best to lose games, and still kicked our asses with ease.
    The Bengals did it even easier.

Those combined losses were a feat never accomplished in NFL history.
    Sorry but the talent was not the cause, nor is it some insurmountable obstacle to play competitively against some historically bad football teams.

SOJAZ, NYJetsO12, Ralebird and 2 others like this.
  4. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Two points, the Phins for the most part like their coach ,who has done a great job during a tank year.They have over 110 in cap and who knows how many draft picks over the next two years. Coaching is key in the NFL Building a good offensive line takes yrs.,5 new starters? If we are lucky we get 2 pieces this yr. We are limited in free agency and rookies take time to get use to the NFL on the o-line. When we have a good offensive line again Sam will be a free -agent

BacktoQueens likes this.
  5. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

only 128 pages? i fully expect this thread will eventually break the all-time gang green record.

unless the mods shut it down. i don't think they would be that cruel.

it's torture enough watching this team on sundays already.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Huh? Its entirely possible to replace the entire offensive line or at least the majority of it. We have $75 million in cap space and 4 picks in the top 100.

From 2016 to 2017, the Vikings replaced the entire starting five and went from 8-8 to 13-3. In the same time frame, the Rams replaced three of five starters and went from 4-12 to 11-5.

The 2015 Titans replaced four of five starters and went from 3-13 to 9-7 the following year.

The 2017 Texans replaced four out of five starters and went from 4-12 to 11-5.

The 2013 Ravens replaced three out of five starters and went from 8-8 to 10-6.

Teams do it pretty frequently. It's the position group that has the most players on the field so there's subsequently the most available players every season. There are a bunch of good free agent offensive lineman this year.

Rookie offensive lineman are also a position that can have an immediate impact. Jack Conklin of the Titans was a rookie All-Pro and so were Quenton Nelson of the Colts and Zack Martin of the Cowboys.

It's a little harder at tackle than interior lineman but they can start and dominate from day one. D'Brick and Mangold are a good example of that.

#2546 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
    dawinner127 likes this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yes, this. You have, however, left out another significant point that I'm surprised has not yet been brought up here regarding Bell. Why, after not having played a game since 2017, did Adam Gase have Bell not participate in a single preseason game?

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So he could run Bell into the pile during the regular season??

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Probably. But a case could be made that having everyone work together in the summer might help them to learn each others moves a little better. Rumor has it that some NFL teams actually do things like that.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Good point..I comisurated with the fact that dummie CJ hired Gase over MM by telling myself that at least he had HC experience..However, Gase handed NY reporters a bunch of Bullsht saying he learned from his Miami mistakes

I used to think Tomlin was overated as a Coach but once he lost three key players BB AB and Bell he has proved otherwise

How much ya wanna bet someone will reply to your post and say "you can't compare the Jets OL and second rate roster with that of the Steelers" ..watch lol

11. Jonathan_Vilma

I always thought Tomlin was overrated too. But he's done a good job this year with very little even though I think they'll continue to stumble down the stretch.

They've played good teams tough. It's a lot easier for a team with an infrastructure in place like that to overcome an onslaught of injuries than it is for teams and coaches putting their system in place. And besides Roethlisberger they've been pretty healthy otherwise.

It's really not a far fetched statement to say they have a much better roster than we do even with out their quarter. They have two players in contention for DPOY. Minkah Fitzpatrick and TJ Watt have 6 interceptions and 5 fumble recoveries as a tandem. We have 7 INT's and 8 fumble recoveries as a team...

CotcheryFan likes this.
  12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

We have a realistic shot at going 0-6 in our division and Gase will still be here in 2020.

13. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Little? What little? They still have Juju, James Washington, James Conner, Cameran Heyward, Minkah Fitzpatrick , Artie Burns, Devin Bush, one of the best O line in football. Big ben is down. Not half the team. They are stack almost everywhere else

14. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Yeah, I think him not using Bell in a more innovate way has been a huge issue. Especially considering how crappy the offensive line is. Darnold doesn't look his way enough either.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

He's the 6th ranked runningback in receptions. He has more targets than Zeke Elliott, Dalvin Cook and Aaron Jones. He has more catches than Stefon Diggs, DK Metcalf, Emmanuel Sanders, Mark Andrews and Kenny Golladay.

He's not ineffective for lack of useage. You can argue creativity to a certain extent. Outside runs is not the answer. He's not fast enough nor can the line hold their blocks long enough.

He's looked horrible in open space.

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it can be done but they can't fuck around on draft day. Linemen tend to fly off the board quicker than the mock draft internet nerds anticipate. If the Jets are picking middle of the 1st round and try to trade down, they might find themselves missing out on an impact lineman

17. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This was on third and short. Three guys run to the same area of the field, only one guy runs a short route. Sam is hurried out of the pocket in less than 3 seconds. If only he had more than one option...

Horrendous play call and design.

[​IMG]

#2557 BroadwayAaron, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
    ColoradoContrails and SOJAZ like this.
  18. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I read a stat today that we have 7 double digit blowout losses 5 of which were against teams 5 and 7 or worse. Last year we won 4 games but we almost won 6 or 7 other games with much worse talent. We played competitively every week. The most disheartening thing about this year is taking a step back and not being able to field a competitive football team. I never thought i would miss Todd Bowles and Jeremy Bates so much.

What really depresses me even more is it will likely be a long long time before we get another schedule as easy as this year. The only positive we have is Sam and I wonder how long he can survive in this offense.

#2558 Noam, Dec 4, 2019
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Where's this much better talent you speak of? We are down to our third and fourth corner, our third and fourth inside linebackers, our backup left guard, center, and right guard, our backup tightend, we were on our third string QB for three games, and we've shuffled our offensive tackles around like a merry go round.

Our runningbacks were more productive last year as well. Despite the fact that everyone still thinks this is 2015 Le'Veon Bell, it's not.

We surrendered 37 sacks all year. We've surrendered 46 right now with 4 games to go. Our running game is the second worst in the league. And there's no lack of effort. We're averaging 3.3 YPC.

The only thing we have that's better this year is our slot receiver. And we lost six games by double digits last year.

SOJAZ and FJF like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

What? Do you see where the marker is? He has Bell as the Checkdown behind the marker and two receivers breaking right where the first down line is.

It's an out/flag combination on he outside with a streak to pull the safety from the inside and a backside in breaking route.

There's zero separation by any receiver. There's two guys right beyond the marker. There's a checkdown if he got in trouble that left Bell in man to man coverage on an island and he would have to make his man miss to get the first down (which he generally does not do).

What the hell is the appropriate call? 5 wide with all 5 receivers running stops at the sticks?

You proved your own criticism wrong with your own screenshot.

#2560 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 4, 2019
    FJF likes this.