Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yea I’m not so sure the Gase ran Ajayi out of town argument really holds any water. Ajayi was most effective in Gase’s offense and has done nothing since he left.

If anything it gives more merit to his belief that he doesn’t need a big time RB in his offense.

I don’t know how anyone could have watched Bell all year and come away thinking he doesn’t look washed up.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I don't think these are mutually exclusive. we suck because we've drafted like shit for over a decade, AND we have a shitty HC.

NCJetsfan, RPOZ51 and grkmanga31 like this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

But that's not at all what happened Sunday.

They actually threw it on 1st down more than they ran it on 1st down. As for "run on obvious passing plays" I mean yeah, they weren't calling run plays on 3rd & 20.... but you really wanna blame him for that?

4. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

Actual 2017 stats 873 yds in 14 games.. that was the superbowl year. He hasn't as much since because he got hurt last year and they found his replacement. Regardless Gase has a habit of getting rid of players he doesn't know how to use. Oh and his 1200+ the only year gase made the playoffs.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Look, we're never going to agree. You don't seem to want to acknowledge Gase's part in Bell's less than average performances, and seem to believe that he's washed up. I disagree. We could go round and round, cherry picking examples to support our respective POVs, but neither of us will be convinced.

6. J-Raw24

Until we either fire Gase or trade Bell. Then he will blow up and show people how bad Gase really is.

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It isn't 12 games though. It's 12 games plus three seasons in Miami, and he hasn't improved one bit. If he were a rookie HC, I wouldn't want him fired. But after 3+ years, nothing's going to change, and keeping him another year is just going to waste another year. And look what Tomlin's doing in Pittsburgh despite losing Roethlisberger for the season as an example of good coaching.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No he didn't. You need to pay attention to what you're reading. Gase traded him away. He rushed for 408 yards with Philly following the trade that season and then 209 yards the following two years. He's been garbage.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Funny you say that, he called a draw on 3rd and 15 on Le'Veon's best play of the season that he converted prior to it being called back by a holding call.

10. J-Raw24

Check your stats again bud. He was traded mid season. Had 873 total yards that season. In 14 games. The year after he helped carry our moron HC to the playoffs.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  11. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Josh Gordon and L. Bell are not equivalent to each other. Josh Gordon has missed like 3 seasons with his suspensions and other issues, and while L. Bell hasn't looked like he's shot out of a cannon, I don't think he's ever been a burner. He's a patient runner that tends to find the best hole to run through versus what Bilal Powell seems to do, which is pick the first whole and run through it.

Our o-line is dog shit so L. Bell's style of running doesn't necessarily mesh with this team, but that doesn't excuse Gase's lack of creativity with using Bell. Bell is one of the best RB's in the pass game, and aside from the drop on the first play of the game, it seems like Bell is just not featured as much as he should.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

He played SEVEN GAMES for the Dolphins in 2017. He had 465 yards for the DOLPHINS.

He played SEVEN GAMES for the Eagles in 2017. He had 408 yards for the EAGLES.

He has had 209 yards in 2018 and 2019 with the EAGLES.

What don't you understand?

13. J-Raw24

465 + 408 is 873 total yards scooter. Then he got hurt and replaced. Just like I said.

14. J-Raw24

I don't think you understand how a season works. Or how records work or stats. He played for 2 teams in one year. Just because it was 2 teams doesn't mean he didn't rush for 873 yards. It was still one year... Just because Gase is in NY instead of Miami doesn't mean he's a first year HC. He had 3 other years of sucking and not making it deep into the playoffs... heck he road the team built before he got there the only time he made the playoffs.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Once again. He's sixth in the NFL out of thirty two teams in receptions for runningbacks. He's 32nd of ALL players (receivers, tightends, backs) in receptions.

He's 12th overall in carries.

How many more times should he be fed the ball for two yard gains?

16. Jonathan_Vilma

I don't think you know how to read at all to be honest. My original statement is below. You refuted that. You are wrong. He rushed for 617 yards AFTER GASE TRADED HIM. AFTER HE WAS NOT ON THE DOLPHINS ANYMORE.

Jesus Christ.

17. J-Raw24

All those carries were straight up the middle... no outside runs. And yes. He's a great receiver. Always has been.

18. I think the Gase hate has gone WAY too far & isn't even rational any more.

It doesnt matter WHAT this guy does..folks are gonna paint it in a negative light. ANY play that doesn't work is gonna be criticized for not doing the opposite. Fans don't like the guy...i get it. I think it has alot to do with where he coached before...but I'm not gonna argue with an irrational crowd out for blood.

It's funny to me however that folks wanna suddenly say Miami had "Great talent" or side stepthe fact that Gase actually took them to the playoffs.

Whatever the case, making Gase the scapegoat till he's fired doesnt fix the jets. The talent not only has not been good it's been bottom of the barrel AWFUL since the 2011 lockout. Rex got 8-8 out them twice & Bowles managed 10-6. They weren't great coaches but managed passable seasons. There is absolutely zero hope for sustainable success when the team simply can't spot even functional talent on an annual basis.

Gase or no Gase.Still it'd be nice to see even the slightest bit of objectivity & reasonability from the masses. People are so blinded by their hate for Gase they aren't even making sense anymore.

NYJetsO12 and Attackett like this.
  19. J-Raw24

I get you original statement. And mine was this. He had 1200+ yards helping carry Gase to the playoffs. 873 the next season in 14 games (not great but there has been worse ) then got hurt and replaced. Doesn't make Gase look any better.

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Actually this Baltimore team is a lot like the first two . Good d good o line.