Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Just great.

2. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

4. Jonathan_Vilma

I was hoping he got the boot especially because we're going to watch McCarthy turn the Browns into a 10-6 wild card team next year.

But I guess now we have to put on our "well he's had a ton of injuries and doesn't have his guys yet. Let's see what he does when he gets his players in here," hat and move forward.

SOJAZ and MJK like this.
  5. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Now don't be surprised if the Jets sign Kaepernick at this point. Just one of those "let's make the headlines" Johnson-style signings that have nothing to do with football but rather distract from the many problems this team has.

Doreblade, Since1969 and CBG like this.
  6. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Where's the unlike button

7. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Fire the Johnsons

SOJAZ and grkmanga31 like this.
  8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

9. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Anyone who thought Douglas and Johnson were firing Gase this year doesn't get it.

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I am almost curious on what this team looks like to finish the year and after the off-season next year.

Knowing that he will be back, makes me wonder how he will do with a roster that we all hope is much improved. And with an offensive line that should look drastically different.

Should be interesting

11. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I wonder how many free agents will pass on the Jets since he’ll still be calling the shots.

12. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

It is very difficult to hear this news and not wretch. Gase and Flounder would seem more suited to cooking up meth in a trailer set deep in the woods than cooking up the future of NFL offenses - but that's me..

NYJetsO12, ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.
  13. mark82

mark82 Active Member

Oh,

Ok then

I'm all good

[​IMG]

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  14. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Looks like Darnold will be hitched to Gase no matter what now. It’s a shame for him and Jets fans. Good chance all of his potential will be wasted now.

Then in 21’ it’ll be a new QB and a new coach again.

ColoradoContrails and CBG like this.
  15. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

The Ravens game comes to mind. That will without a doubt be a terrible day.

16. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

And we won't be bad enough to get Trevor Lawrence.

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I posted this in another / the wrong thread but here it is again ------> Jets beat the Giants and the Johnsons come out and say Gase will be back in 2020 that's a shock huh ? As I said last week was the Jets and Johnsons Super Bowl so now they give this ass clown Gase a vote of confidence even though there are still 7 games remaining and god only knows how bad the Jets will look in these games or how ill prepared Gase might be never mind if Darnold regresses worse YET Johnson gives this jack ass Gase a vote of confidence. BTW for anyone who wants to know what I would have said was ( first of all I would never have hired this Jack Ass Gase if I were the owner ) but my reply today would have been " there is still a lot of football and games left to be played and Adam Gase is our coach " that would be my answer. Who in their right mind can even think about NEXT year when this team is currently a train wreck ?

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

What this confirms is that Chris is as big a nitwit as we feared. He goes way too far in talking out his ass and making hyperbolic statements. The Jets need to get him a bodyguard whose sole job is to stuff a sock in Chris' mouth whenever he starts to open it in public. An experienced owner/executive knows better than to ever say never. Let's look at this dweeb's statements:

1, When he hired Gase, he said Gase is where football is going. Now, even Gase's most fervent supporters wouldn't go this far. When Chris suggested that Gase is the second coming of Bill Walsh, it made it very difficult (impossible?) to fire Gase when he turned out to be the second coming of Rich Kottite.

2. In today's statement, Chris is telling us that there is nothing Gase can do for the rest of the year or in the off-season to get fired. Isn't that going way too far? The team loses out (unlikely) and looks like crap for the rest of the year (more likely)? No problem. The locker room rebels and half the team demands to be traded? No problem. Gase and Gregg Williams get into a fistfight at the 50-yard line? Don't sweat it. Gase gets caught in bed with a live boy or a dead girl? No problem.

Bottom line. Chris, the poor little rich kid who was born with a silver spoon in his mouth, is telling the disgruntled fan base to fuck off. Just be good little boys and girls and buy tickets and merchandise. and continue to line Chris' pockets..

#2178 Since1969, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    NYJetsO12 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

I was just thinking that. We'll go from 3-13/4-12 to 5-11/6-10 as Sam throws 22 touchdowns with 20 picks and 3,700 yards. We'll pick 7th in the draft in a 1QB year after we fire Gase and take Kellen Mind out of desperation only for him to become Christian Ponder.

Darnold will be traded to the Broncos and end up being a stud with that running game in a pro style offense that fits his skillset.

#2179 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
    ColoradoContrails and stinkyB like this.
  20. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well, a week ago, I think, he got defensive about the choice of AG. Now this. It makes sense because he has an out because of the injuries. It doesn't matter that the same failed pattern he created in Miami is repeating itself, losses and injuries. Like the fools running the impeachment inquiry his version of reality is what he wants it to be not what it is.... it doesn't matter he had his guys the last two years in Miami and still lost by double digits in most cases but what the hell....

Unless they lose all the games, sam plays poorly in each game and he loses the locker room he is here at least through 2020, sign. Thank goodness I watch the Packers too.