Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If you combine all their salaries, they're still getting paid less than Trumaine Johnson is to ride the pine or get toasted for touchdowns every week. That isn't an excuse, and if it is then Woody and Chris can shove their shitty franchise up their ass.

NCJetsfan, stinkyB, NYJetsO12 and 5 others like this.
  3. cdz12250

cdz12250 Member

Please explain something to me. We have sucked for almost three decades in Miami. Given that fact, what possessed the Jets front office to hire Adam Gase?

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Shock value honestly. If we signed Gase and it worked out. Can you imagine the positive press for Christopher Johnson???

cdz12250 likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

They're idiots. Nothing more, nothing less.

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

We were jealous...

7. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

The Jets are stupid as fuck, and because of this stupid shit happens repeatedly.

Woody and Christopher are Idiot 1 and Idiot 2.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I honestly think (besides Peyton Manning lobbying for him to get a job) his 5-1 record against Bowles had something to do with it lol

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

And because he talked to Darnold via video link. The trust fund brothers took advice from a 21 yo rookie as well.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Those of you that want Douglas gone too and for a HC like Harbaugh to come in with full control are just setting yourselves up for disappointment. Douglas just signed a 6 year contract, he is going nowhere.

We have to pin our hopes to first that Christopher Johnson is smart enough to realize that he can’t pick another coach..ever and second that Douglas is all he was cracked up to be.

Douglas will pick from the likes of Sirianni or Saleh or someone else that he has a personal connection with. I just hope whomever it is has real leadership qualities and will be the HC of the offense, defense & STs.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

Why would ANY team ever hire the coach of a division rival that was also the OC..even if he was good. That’s 2 games a year against a D that knows you’re offense play by play ... also, why would any front office go into game 1 with an “off the street” kicker from Sweden , FUCK THE JETS, IM DONE

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

Has a coach ever been fired halfway through a season in his first year with a team? I know Holtz quit, but if Gase is indeed shown the door before the season ends......is this a first in the NFL?

13. Jonathan_Vilma

The scary thing is that while it wasn't great, the offense looked pretty damn capable under John Morton (with McCown) and Jeremy Bates to an extent. At the very least, Bates put Darnold in a position to do the things he's good at; bootlegs, naked bootlegs, throw on the run, quicker read decisions, etc.

And I know the results great (neither was the personnel) but I thought we moved the ball pretty well with John Morton.

It's not like our offensive lines were much better under either of these two guys but the offenses looked competent.

Instead of modifying the system to make it work, Gase is forcing Darnold to try to be Peyton Manning. Not to mention how predictable it is. We're under center? No doubt it's a play action pass or an A gap run.

I don't know whether it was or wasn't. But as soon as Darnold missed a month of the season, we were in trouble. The playbook should've been cut in half at that point.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The biggest red flag for me is how bad Sam's mechanics have gotten under Gase. Last year he was stepping up into a lot of throws and this year he is throwing with his feet parallel more so than not.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

I'm not entirely sure why Gase changed Darnold's feet to even at the LOS. I know he did the same thing with Peyton.

I don't know enough about quarterbacking to understand what the benefits are outside of false-steps maybe? I do know it's a big deal when coaches change this stuff with QB's even if it doesn't seem like it should be. It was a huge deal when McAdoo forced Eli to change it.

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

to be fair, the offensive lines were better with those two guys. look at who is starting right now. Winters is the best one and he was the worst of the starters on the lines of the 2017, 2018 teams.
    Edoga, Shell, Harrison, have NO business starting on an offensive line ever. Alex Lewis is a fringe starter/backup

SOJAZ likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Shell + Spencer Long/Jonathan Harrison combo started in 2018 and Shell also started in 2017.

Wesley Johnson was our starting center in 2017 and is now out of the league.

I mean it's definitely worse this year, but it shouldn't be as disorganized as it is.

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

I am counting the days till Owners say something ...But the silence will continue unless the Billboards are up to Fire Gase

That and zero attendance for home games

Roll out the Sh!tty Product and people still love it ...SMH

To the Johnsons the Jets are just some Green and White Pills the public is still buying till the FDA orders a Recall

J &J: "Nothing personal fanboys..just business"

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yeah but those teams had Beachum and Carpenter.

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

The 2017 offensive line gave up 37 sacks in 7 games, the 2018 offensive line gave up 37 sacks through 7 games and the talent level is about the same, maybe a little worse than last year due to age and natural regression.

We consistently have rushers unblocked, even when we have the numbers advantage. That is not a talent issue, it's a scheme/communication issue. It's the most unorganized offensive line I've ever seen.

#2040 NYJFOREVER, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019