Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

I'm not a huge fan of the NFL retread coach, but I think there's some merit here. What doesn't make sense to me is everyone clamoring for Mike McCarthy, who seems like a nice guy (we just had one of those) but won the same # of games the last 3 years as Adam Gase with a vastly superior team and QB. I'm fine with it if you don't like Gase or McCarthy, but I really don't see McCarthy's appeal of late over Gase.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Dude I thought you were joking but you're right.

Red Menace likes this.
  3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

He yelled at the owner? Oh God how horrible lol

4. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

Yeah the talking heads are united on this one

5. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Chris Johnson was probably starstruck and giggling like a schoolgirl after getting off the phone with Manning...

F me.

Jeti, Freddy Mondo, Since1969 and 3 others like this.
  6. M00ndawg

M00ndawg Member

Someone start a "Fire Adam Gase" board.

NJJetFan, TonyFtLaud and BacktoQueens like this.
  7. MikeSLTJ23

MikeSLTJ23 Well-Known Member

Well said. I think there's some potential here. I really do. I'm glad the fanbase looking for what they call the "safe" pick in McCarthy was ignored, but that we still went for someone with some HC experience and the right amount of intrigue.

Mr mittens and LAJet like this.
  8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

And Peyton sticks it to us one final time.

NJJetFan, NCJetsfan, PabloJa and 3 others like this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

G-A-S-E Gase Gase Gase!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

MDJets likes this.
  10. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

What defensive player will be take with our number 3 pick?

11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I do worry about Gase on 3rd downs though. It’s a fair criticism. He has struggled with 3rd down conversions

Some of the other criticisms are overly dramatic

12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

He had a history in Miami of using players he liked as opposed to the best players

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I don't hate this move

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I can't believe this.
    Worst possible option. I may start rooting against this team.

15. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Hire a good staff and get more good players. Obsession with the Head Coach is the usual silly stuff from this board.

16. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

Beating the Patriots with Brady is always an accomplishment. Bowles was 1-7 against them and Rex was 4-9.

17. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Yeah, but that's only part of the story.

It's not the yelling the bothered me. Reasonable people can yell once in a while. It's the reason for the yelling that bothered me.

I just posted this in the other thread . . .

(. . . and don't people proof read their headlines anymore?? "Final weeks . . . was . . . " ??? Holy crap.)
    ++++++

https://www.thesportster.com/news/a...of-massive-arguments-with-owner-stephan-ross/

Adam Gase's Final Weeks With Dolphins Was Full Of Massive Arguments With Owner Stephan Ross
    BY ALEX HOEGLER
    JAN 03, 2019

The Miami Dolphins' decision to fire Adam Gase after a second straight losing and non-playoff season surprised many, but we now have more details as to what led to his demise in South Beach.

According to Armando Salguero of the Miami Herald, Miami owner Stephen Ross hadn't "pre-planned" firing Gase, and the decision was only made recently to relieve the 40-year-old of his duties. The firing stemmed from a series of arguments and disagreements in what the direction of the franchise should be.

Salguero cited something Ross said in the midst of the 2016 season, when the Dolphins were on way to reaching the postseason for the first time in eight years. Ross complimented the first-year head coach and said Gase "has already changed the culture of the Miami Dolphins."

That made Gase "livid," according to Salguero, since Miami only stood at 5-4 and "basically accomplished nothing" up to that point. That was only one of the first tipping points in their rocky three-year working relationships.

Gase also didn't prioritize upgrading a terrible offensive line, rather deciding Miami needed to invest in its defense, per Salguero. When Ross "challenged" Gase about this, the latter "yelled at the owner about knowing more about football than he did," and a team member had to step in and stop the coach from talking to his owner in such a tone.

And finally, it was disagreements about what the direction of the franchise should be that spelled the end of Gase's tenure. He was ready to fire his defensive coordinator (Matt Burke), and cut ties with quarterback Ryan Tannehill, but ownership and management simply decided they wanted to try a different path. Hence, Gase was let go after three years.

What This Means

The Dolphins haven't had much success in the 21st century, and the constant failures by management can be seen as the key reason why. Gase did the most he could with a flawed roster, and it simply wasn't good enough for Miami ownership.

Gase has a handful of head coaching interviews lined up, so it doesn't seem like he's going to be out of work for very long anyway.

18. fggrimes

fggrimes Well-Known Member

For what it's worth. . . .
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Barring any contractual snags, you can expect Dowell Loggains to join Adam Gase as his main offensive assistant with the Jets, sources say. Loggains served as Gase’s offensive coordinator in Miami in 2018.</p>&mdash; Jeff Darlington (@JeffDarlington) <a href="">January 10, 2019</a></blockquote>
    <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Say hi to Dowell Loggains and Vance Joseph.

20. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

Someone (not me) edited Gase's Wikipedia page. The Jets part has already been removed but I did take a screenshot :)

[​IMG]

Brook!, RPOZ51 and HomeoftheJets like this.