Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Sounds like these rumors are true because the McCarthy reason is the same as the Rhule reason (not being able to select your own staff).

If true the Jets ownership is so f*cking stupid. Like they know more about who to select as asst coaches then McCarthy and Rhule. Pretty sad.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. PickSix

PickSix Well-Known Member

They were LITERALLY his only choice at that point, no one else wanted him, that's why he said it

3. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

And it couldn't have been his first and only choice PRIOR to the interview?

Doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. We got the prize behind door number 3.

4. I dont think discussing staff is necessarily correlated w what “choice” they were among the candidates.

Seems like they wanted to know staffs before even deciding on a preference.

88toon likes this.
  5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

So in all reality what staff could Gase have pitched them earlier this week? You can argue Gregg Williams was mentioned because IIRC the Browns already relieved him prior. And I take it Gase with a straight faced mentioned Loggains o_O .

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

How does a SB winning coach with 12 years in Green Bay get thrown to the curb mid season and not get a job with 8 openings including one with a former colleague as GM? They guy either sucks balls or doesn't want to work.

7. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

If you take a step back and think about it... anyone here would do the same. He has an option to get paid $9 million to sit at home and do nothing for a year. If he takes a HC job, it is a big commitment... he would have to move his family, change his kids schools, etc. With his resume and the option to sit out a year, why would he take any job? He can be selective and take only a position that he thinks would give him the best chance at long term success under his terms... OR sit at home, get paid $9 million and wait to see what becomes available next year. There are shitty HC jobs available every year... there is no reason he needs to take one now. He has been pretty clear that he was only interested in the Browns and Jets jobs (both regarded as the two best jobs this year) and both teams had some level of interest in him, so I don't buy the narrative that no one wants him.

8. 88toon

88toon Well-Known Member

I really think this is being blown waaaaaaaaaaaaaaay out of proportion.

I don't think they say there and said "we want to pick all of your coaches."

What more realistically happened was they loved Monken and talked to him about being the O Coordinator should they pass on him as HC and he said yes. And since Boyer did a GREAT job as special teams coach, they would want to retain him as well. Do I know for sure? of course not. But based on the fact that only Rhule seems to be the one this happened to, I think its a logical assumption.

I think it would be totally reasonable to suggest to Rhule that he work with these two guys that have proven success at the NFL level as opposed to him bringing in some of the assts he worked with in college. They clearly didn't put those same restrictions on the other candidates because they have a ton more NFL connections and wouldn't struggle as much to put together a staff as Rhule.

If Rhule didn't like that then he had the right to withdraw which I respect. But for once, thanks goodness they stepped in on this.

9. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He was so selective he's out of the league. The Green Bay Packers shit canned him mid season. The Browns didn't want him even though he has a long relationship with their GM.

Agreed he either doesn't want to coach or he completely overplayed his hand. This guy isn't Bill Parcells. He doesn't have a coaching tree or the chops to demand his place in the NFL. Green Bay is a good organization and a storied franchise. There's a reason he was shit canned and there's a reason the Browns GM, Dorsey, who worked with him and is a very good GM didn't want him.

With the exception of the Redskins there are virtually no bad jobs in the NFL for a head coach who has his shit together.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Jason La Canfora clearly is friends or has a connection with McCarthy. The whole time he has tried to spin it like McCarthy decided not to go to the Jets. It seemed fishy when he talked about it last Sunday on TV and now that article makes it look even more odd. The truth is there were 8 openings and the Jets were the only one to interview him and liked other candidates better. McCarthy's fall from grace in Green Bay hurt him.

I believe Christopher Johnson would have done what it would take to hire McCarthy, but felt Gase was better.

11. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Ok... all coaching jobs are good so they should all be considered equally... Got it.

barfolomew likes this.
  12. Big Cat

Big Cat Well-Known Member

La Canfora was wrong about literally everything in this coaching cycle

I just blocked him on Twitter so I don’t have to see his garbage come across my feed anymore.

13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

This does not sounds like true at all. I just don't see McCarthy saying it's Jets or bust for me following the interview, if he wasn't happy with the interview. Let's ignore this BS rumor. More likely what happened was that we interviewed all the candidates, asked what type of assistants they are thinking about among other numerous questions, and taking everything into consideration chose Gase. As simple as that.

Mr mittens likes this.
  14. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The only negative thing about this whole Rhule fiasco is that he was even considered for an NFL job in the first place.

15. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Such a warm feeling knowing McBrainy and Chris J can prepare a list of asst candidates for a HC to consider...these are the idiots micromanaging the Team googling the Internet and reading PFF articles on Coaches out there..OMG

You know there are Control freaks and then there are Stupid Control Freaks...established Coaches like McCarthy Gates and rhule have little say...makes zero sense but nothing here does does it???:/:/

With his questionable personality traits Gase must have really been on the Ropes for getting a job..and viola Mac/CJ appear lol

This Management feels they can the Beast in Gase under wraps..take it out for gametime...well we will see

JetsNation06 likes this.
  16. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

According to Schefter within 3 hours of Gase's firing in Miami he had heard from the majority of teams with head coaching openings requesting an interview, so he was in demand

And I was not a proponent of hiring him here

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I wonder how many games Chris had seen of Gase performing at Miami to make that determination

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

So in demand that 5 other teams pass over him right? :mad:

19. forevercursed

forevercursed Well-Known Member

You have a point. Though I'm not sure he took all of those interview, but I definitely know he did Arizona and Green Bay. Don't know though if perhaps he was offered a job and turned it down?

20. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

This would give some support to the rumor that he believed he would get another job offer and forced Ross to fire him. If that's true, do those praising his hiring believe he wouldn't hesitate to put his own interests first ahead of the team? If you look at his track record there's only one thing he's committed to: making sure he comes out on top.

NYJetsO12 likes this.