Adam Gase New HC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JohnnyP123456, Jan 9, 2019.

?

Do you approve Gase signing?

1. Yes

22.3%
  2. No

45.8%
  3. Too early to tell

31.9%
  1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I figured, but also partly because facial recognition is my scary strong suit. I once recognized someone who I hadn't seen in over 25 years in a completely different state and the last time I saw her she was five (I used to baby sit when I was a young teen). Anyway, well done.

We're at a 100 no votes, probably a record on here.

2. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I'm starting to like Chris Simms (so shoot me). He looks so much like his Dad it's kind of frightening. I remember that ruptured spleen, ooofa. Anyway, he says some stupid stuff sometimes but I find him kind of engaging. I thought I would share his take on Gase, even with his overuse of the word like. He drops some F bombs, so that kind of balances it out.

EDIT: The other announcer is a million times more "like" guilty that my ears started to bleed, so stop listening after Gase if you start developing suicidal ideation.

#1022 jetophile, Jan 11, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Thanks! I like Simms's stuff too.

That said, I still haven't heard anything to refute the issues I have with Gase:

1. He plays favorites over better players. IDK if this is true, but if so is very concerning.
    2. He's an arrogant know-it-all who is defensive.
    3. Jumping from being fired from one team right into another HC gig makes me wonder if he's had a chance to learn what went wrong and how to change.

4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

How dare you question the judgement of Chris Johnson and Mike MacCagnan!! If Mehta and Darnold thinks he's the best, he's the best! Now knock it off and fall in line. Stop acting like you've been a fan for any length of time. To borrow a tagline from an age long gone: "Ya Gotta Believe!!"

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. jetlife21

jetlife21 Well-Known Member

I was surprised Gase was fired on black monday and thought right away he'd be a fit with Darnold. I actually wanted Gase over Bowles the last time we were searching for a coach. I like the idea of HC/OC if Sam really takes off and we have success he won't have to play under a new system and Gregg Williams is a proven DC I'm happy about the new coaching staff. I feel we complain to complain sometimes we hired a coach who went 5-1 against us, coached Peyton Manning during his best season and was thought to be the next BB. His personality might clash but as long as he gets along with Sam and Jamal it's not like we have any irreplaceable players.

almbleamal likes this.
  6. Rollo Tomassi

Rollo Tomassi Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any way you can learn from your mistakes over a 2 week period.

Having said that, according to that fat fuck Francessar, he wasn't really fired. He went into Ross's meeting with the intention of sabotaging himself to get himself fired because he thought he could get a job somewhere else pretty readily. Rodd had no intention of firing him but by the end of the meeting Gase basically forced his hand.

But yes, he thinks he's a know-it-all so if he actually is this is very good but if he's not it is going to be a disaster.

I'm willing to wait.

HomeoftheJets and Jets_Grinch like this.
  7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

My two cents about this hire.
    The beauty of this site is the ability to express your views freely. If you feel Gase was not the right move, hell, good for you to express your displeasure. I respect that. We have been right before on many of these issues.
    What I find revolting, however, are the few that now hope for a bunch of losses and a quick fire for Gase.
    Way to go. By so doing you could destroy the careeers and dreams of a great bunch of youngsters and essentially rooting against the team you presumably love.
    That to me is a pathetic, non value added, self servient wish reflective of people that are neither fans nor worth to be wanted as fans. Move on to another team and root for them to win. At least be positive about something.

MoWilkBeast, HomeoftheJets and SOJAZ like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Officially official, unfortunately.

Gonna hope for the best, expect the worse. This was the biggest decision our franchise has been faced with since I don't even know when. Longer than I can remember. Darnold's career is in the hands of a guy who hasn't been able to do anything unless there was a hall of famer doing his work for him at the line of scrimmage. He's got a lot of supporters, a lot of detractors. All we can do is hope for the best.

9. Rollo Tomassi

Someone is going to start a "Gase Officially Hired" thread.

10. mattyd99

mattyd99 Well-Known Member

Not wild about Gase. But I do like that we're prolly gonna get Williams. Seems clear to me that ownership wants coaches that aren't gonna take shit. The locker room does need that IMO.

11. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

There is one born every minute...and one never dies

12. Rollo Tomassi

Look, I'm not the biggest Gase fan but other than McCarthy, who was a clearly better choice?

With neither of the Harbaughs available, Sean Payton, Tomlin, etc staying put, Rhule with one year of NFL assistant coaching experience 6 years ago, Monken with no head coaching experience, Bienemy a bad dude?

Look, Gase is an asshole but he is young, thought of as an innovative offensive mind, type A personality (after a Type Coma personality in Bowles) and--I hate to ask--what were the better options out there?

If we had hired him 3 years ago TGG would have been ecstatic.

Personally I wanted McCarthy but it seems like 1/2 the board didn't agree with that either.

The coaching pool was very shallow this year.

HomeoftheJets and SOJAZ like this.
  13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They are. They're positive the Jets blew it, whether you find their opinion and approach revolting. The "could destroy the careers and dreams of a great bunch of youngsters" is a bit melodramatic. Opinions on message boards don't ruin peoples' lives.

barfolomew likes this.
  14. Ralebird

I believe you mean the "official" Gase is officially hired thread.

15. Rollo Tomassi

But it could send them running to their safe space.

16. Rollo Tomassi

I'm expecting 2.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I was not talking about their opinions. I was talking about rooting for the team to loose. That is bullshit and not melodramatic.

18. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

It's probably been posted but Colin Cowturd certainly likes the Gase hire

19. Ralebird

I don't approve of the Gase hiring but at least the threat of being left at the altar is gone.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Ralebird

I want the team to stay loose, especially with a stressful, rigid hothead like Gase now running the show.

Your response to message board chatter is very melodramatic.