Acute Rodgers Fatigue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I mean only Lazard was of any consequence, other were brought in for end of the bench roles. Also some of them were brought by Hack, like Turner and Boyle, I haven't heard Rodgers advocating for them, like I did for Cobb, OBJ, and Lazard. And Lazard did have at least 450 yards in last 4 seasons including 780 last year. He was sought out FA. In retrospect he proved to be worthless, but is it really a good reason to hate on Rodgers - that he recommended a guy from his past who was good when they played together?

JD did overrule him regarding IR, so there is that.

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You never claimed hatred? Who wrote "...no matter what Aaron does, there are some fans who just hate him no matter what"? Who wrote "I think the hate for Aaron is blinding your otherwise good judgment"? Those statements were made in post #99 in this thread just on Tuesday, by you - there were no interrogatories, no question marks; it's not like they could have been overlooked this easily. And who is now digging in his heels and denying those claims were ever made? Those are blatant claims of hatred made by you; to deny them is blatantly dishonest. It does, however, make it easy to understand the empathy for Rodgers - "birds of a feather," I suppose.

Cman68 and The_Darksider like this.
  3. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The sea lion is back...

LAJet likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Acad is around as well - he never met dishonesty he could not appreciate.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I thought we were discussing people hating on Aaron specifically because of COVID as that was the question I asked if that is why people hate him, so I was answering in the context of that. I was told no, and I accepted it, there is no dishonesty on my part. But yes, it's clear to me some people hate Aaron, and not because of staying on active roster, which was the whole point of the discussion. My thoughts was confirmed by other posters saying in response: "..do you really not know why most of the fans, world, and his own family cannot stand him?" There does not seem to be a controversy that a lot of fans "can't stand" Aaron. So, I don't really know why you are latching on to this, there is no dishonesty here at all, aside from me hitting a nerve.

The dishonesty comes only from you. People shitted on Aaron for staying on active roster. Corroborated evidence came it wasn't on him, and there was no harm done to Bowden. The evidence was still ignored and people continued to shit on him. Hence the conclusion that people actually hate him because of something else and want to shit on him no matter what is reasonable. You then came in saying this is dishonest. You didn't at all address the point of actual argument on how Aaron is it fault for staying on active roster, in spite of what we now know wasn't on him. You completely deflected, and that is the dishonest part, hence, yes, I do feel I hit a nerve there.

cval likes this.
  6. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Hate towards Rodgers for our situation is misguided. Our FO knew what they were doing. They had no competition to trade for him, they knew exactly what Rodgers wanted, they knew his contract would ultimately save and prolong their jobs. They knew if they signed Rodgers their jobs were safe through 2024 no matter what happens. So they immediately started speaking about having a “championship roster” that they knew we didn’t actually have. Had they signed Carr to this roster they knew he’d flounder and they knew Carr didn’t have the clout to demand things stay the same, and they’d have been fired. None of what JD and Saleh did had anything to do with championships and everything to do with self preservation. It takes a special kind of awful to convince someone to spend 100m+ with the express intent of using that money to protect yourself.

alleycat9 and cval like this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m not going to call anyone out but there’s a whole thread of people calling for Rodgers to be suspended over the Covid press conference in the NFL forum from a couple years ago. I expressed thinking he was a douche at the time although I’ve drastically changed my opinions on all of it.

But don’t buy all of this my dislike for him had nothing to do with that incident crap. It’s a load of shit IMO.

#127 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 29, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2023
    LAJet, dawinner127 and Borat like this.
  8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't hate Rodgers, and I actually liked him at a certain point this year, but I don't trust him at all.

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rodgers has never pretended to be a saint by any stretch. This Owner and FO knew what they were getting into when they started this debacle. I don't hate Rodgers, but I do hate what's happened to this franchise since he arrived. At this point, they're gonna repeat '23 in '24 hoping that Rodgers is indeed The Last Son of Krypton when in fact, Rodgers is a 41yo Former MVP/HoF/Superstar coming back from a major injury. They're deluding themselves if they think Rodgers will roll back the calendar several years especially with this OLine, OLC and WR. Rodgers is running the franchise at the moment as everything the Jet organization has been geared towards Rodgers return. They tried for a double hitter by keeping Zach around hoping for some mentorship but that didn't work. In the long run, I don't blame Rodgers for taking Woody's money nor do I blame him for taking control of the Organization.

Somebody had to do it so why not the Former MVP/HoF/living legend who is... Aaron Rodgers.

10. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Saleh corroborated it though, plus it is actually in his/JDs job description to make these decisions. And Bowden hasn't lost a penny and was playing yesterday. On top of it Saleh benched all the guys Aaron was recommending (Lazard, Cook, Cobb). Even if he was running the show before, it is definitely no longer the case.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't really even care about the roster spot. I never figured Bawden was going anywhere and it wouldn't have upset me if he was (Nick Bawden is expendable). The season was already lost.

I don't trust Rodgers because he shows up like a comet dragging a bunch of space trash along with him and the entire organization changes for him and then then when things go sideways he acts like he had nothing to do with any of it, just a mellow good guy moseying along.

papapump, cval, NY Jets68 and 2 others like this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Rodgers did not hold a gun to any ones head. This staff brought in guys to get AR to come here including the OC and it worked.

This entire fan base was under the delusion we were a QB away from the promised land. The truth is the o-line was below average before the injuries and GW is are only true weapon at Wideout.

You combine a wr corp that can not get open with and a bad o-line and no running game well you get what we see.

LAJet and Borat like this.
  13. Ralebird

You are the one who first wrote about hatred, and you did it twice in the same post. To deny you did so is dishonest. You also asked a question about Covid, but that does nothing to change your references to poster who, in your mind, hate Rodgers. As I said then, why not let anyone who hates anyone speak for themselves instead of trying to read their minds or` denigrate the opinions they may actually hold? Whatever you "think" is in their minds is immaterial unless you claim some supernatural powers.

Even here, you deny making the claims then you say it's clear to you that "some people hate Aaron."

So be it, unless you choose to again speak (or type) out of both sides of your mouth. There's nothing at all dishonest about my quoting your claims to the same thing you're denying - you either wrote it or you did not.

#133 Ralebird, Dec 29, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2023
  14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I don’t hate Rodgers but if he jerks the Jets around all offseason with similar results again on the field I may start

alleycat9 likes this.
  15. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Again, there was no both sides of mouth. Some people do hate or can't stand Aaron, one said this much here on this thread, but not all because of Covid. I asked about Covid (not claimed it), some folks said no, and I accepted. There is nothing more to it.

However, I have addressed in detail the debate regarding active roster. Hence the point you are making about me focusing on what's on people's minds instead of actual points they are making is very dishonest. You are the one who is yet to contribute to that conversation. If you have something on this, bring it, currently this is pointless.

16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

1000% spot on.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What similar results? He didn’t get to play last year because our leadership provided him and the rest of the wanna be QBs a putrid OL that got bitch slapped on the first 4 plays of the game and set the tone the rest of the year. He didn’t jerk us around, the leadership once again jerked us around with the illusion that they know how to field a winner.

ouchy likes this.
  18. Ralebird

Look, we get it - you write things here that you later deny even though they are here for all to see.

Once again, rather than have you put words in the mouths of others, why not state your own opinion rather than reading anyone else's mind. If you still have something worthwhile to claim about Covid after years have gone by, claim it without attaching what you believe is anyone else's viewpoint to it? The same with this "active roster" crap. Actual quotes don't lie in such cases, why not use them instead of your own imagination to support your beliefs?

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

results Rodgers year 1 - 6-10

I thought my post was clear, if he jerks the Jets around this offseason and the Jets finish 6-10 again I will hate him and hate the acquisition

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

So he is responsible for this debacle from IR? Right.