Acute Rodgers Fatigue

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Since1969, Dec 20, 2023.

1. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I blame the Hard Knocks curse...

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, I don't think I'm wasting Xmas Eve watching this shit. I was giving the devil his due regarding how the Jet PR Dept. managed to keep the Jets relevant in the NY Media. Doesn't mean I'm sitting thru anything.

mezzavo likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Holy shit. My avatar really triggered you, huh Snowflake? A Stone Cold Steve Austin meme with JDs face on it. Talk about Charmin soft my guy.

Article sucked and was placing blame on AR while ignoring the incompetence of the FO for having one of the worst OL in the league, one of the worst skill groups in the league, and one of the worst backup QB situations in the league.

Rodgers would get mad if they brought in a competent backup. Listen to how dumb that sounds.

A competent backup would have given Rodgers the best chance to play down the stretch to do something remarkable.

Use your brain instead of your hatred for Rodgers.

#64 dawinner127, Dec 22, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2023
    HomeoftheJets and nevbeats319 like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

there was no scenario in which Rodgers was coming back in 2023. He finally admitted the obvious on the punter show this week when he said it was unrealistic to think he would be healthy in time

He clearly doesn’t want a good backup, that’s the whole reason why he is HERE in NY, he was upset with Green Bay for daring to bring in another QB

He also said on the punter show that he would like input into the offseason decision making

like Cannizzarro(sp?) said in his article this offseason will be a good test. If the Jets run it back with the same staff and with Zach Wilson as Rodgers backup… we will know he’s truly running this team

if they fire Hackett, draft a QB, Etc then I will agree with you

Since1969 and Cman68 like this.
  6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

The first two things you said aren’t correct though.

He said on the punter show that he would never be 100% until WC weekend. He had all intentions of playing this weekend if we were still in it. That’s been the case this entire time. He would play less than 100%. Nothing changed except for jets losing to 4 of the worst teams in the league and eliminating themselves from contention.

Even Mr. Potato head said this. https://x.com/briancoz/status/1737240925858914341?s=46&t=RCU1EI_2cEZzRLtLmi7Csg

He got mad at GB because they used a premier asset on a trade up to take a QB when AR had 5 years left to play. He wasn’t mad that they brought in a backup QB. He was mad about resource allocation and then moving on from him when he had 5 years left to play.

#66 dawinner127, Dec 22, 2023
    nevbeats319 likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ok well we will see. If they get serious and draft a QB/sign a good backup and Rodgers doesn’t get upset then you will be right

dawinner127 likes this.
  8. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I get being upset and sick of Rodgers will all of the drama, attention, etc. but it is Jets and Woody’s doing to go to a high risk “win now mode” as opposed to potentially going to a safer mode for building the team for the long run such as getting Carr, or even make an attempt to get Lamar Jackson, etc. yeah it is unfortunate bad luck Rodgers went down in the first series and where this team is now but blame it on the FO not Rodgers for going back to square 1.

bmfc1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  9. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

He tore his achilles 4 plays in after doing everything right for the team in the off season and adjusting his cap lower then Zach Wilson. Its not his fault he got hurt and the media makes stories cause they know you will click them. He did everything he could and was ready to return this season when he didn't have too. The Jets didn't make that possible because they ran it back with Zach and couldn't stay in contention.

The Jets lost games to the Pats, Falcons, Raiders, with a combined 1TD total. At worst with A-Rod this team is sitting at 8-6 ready to go against the Comm / Browns / Pats

You all will be back ready to roll in 3 weeks. Reloaded and back

dawinner127 and MDJets like this.
  10. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

I admit I wasn’t a Rodgers fan at all when they were going after him. He won me over and said all the right things and did all the right things too when he came to NYC and leading up to season. Maybe it was attention hogging I don’t know but he was changing the attitude of this team, in a good way imo.
    I blame it on the FO for not getting a solid backup veteran QB, not getting quality OLs and WRs. Now they have more holes to fill and correct then what they started this season. That’s the New York Jets!

11. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure that out. lol

The_Darksider likes this.
  12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Dude, you gotta chill.... for those of us around long enough, you were one of the most respected members on the board and input was valued based on your experience, but lately you've been a bit cookoo for cocoa puffs.... The season's toast, we're not the ones playing, it's Christmas.... take a breath ;)

13. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

They broke him. It's only a matter of time for the rest of us.

14. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I'm done staying angry.... that ends the next day as I move on towards apathy

15. The_Darksider

The_Darksider Well-Known Member

Same here. Used to ruin my week, now it ruins about an hour, and then I go back to laughing at them. The two games a year where they play well and I'm happy about them winning feel foreign to me.

I have found solace in sites like this, bitching and complaining, playing amateur GM to find out that I know more than they do, and I know practically nothing.

#75 The_Darksider, Dec 22, 2023
    stinkyB, mezzavo and ouchy like this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

A competent back up or AR himself would not have done diddle behind this line. Stop dreaming.

ouchy likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not true. Yeah there have been games where they looked like they did against the Dolphins, but there are also games like the Chargers where the pass protection was good for 3 quarters and we did absolutely nothing and the Raiders game where it was good all game holding maybe the best edge rusher in the game to zero sacks.

Protection against the Patriots was good too but they didn’t rush anyone because they knew the zones would railroad Wilson so it remains to be seen if they were good or allowed to be good.

A threat of a passing game helps the line and more importantly the run game which helps the line pass block.

The lines been disappointing and we should fix it but sometimes it takes too much heat.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  18. Kronoking

Kronoking Well-Known Member

Great write up. Long overdue stuff like this starts making it's way to the reality acknowledgement surface as well. If for no other reason then it hopefully starts putting enough bad PR press on Rodgers that he'll ultimately decide to offer Hackett up as a sacrificial lamb and chosen scapegoat to help push that "savior" perception back in the other direction.

ouchy and Cman68 like this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I move on to Makers Mark 46... :)

stinkyB and mezzavo like this.
  20. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

You're right and I don't know what it is. Ever since I passed the half-century mark I just feel like the clock started speeding up! I'm mid-50's now and each year it seems to tick a little faster. My father didn't make it past 46 and my mom dropped at 63... My family doesn't have the longevity that some do so I guess I feel like my time is running out to witness even a winning season at this point. It doesn't help that my wife is a long time, die-hard 49'ers fan and their "down" years are what the Jet's consider "good" years. She's constantly throwing in my face that, "you've lived in California for over 20 years...leave the dark side." The worst is when she says to me, "I don't like what this team does to you. You're angry before the game even starts, I don't know why you bother watching and doing that to yourself."

I guess this season has been the hardest I can remember. All the hype...all the lies... Everyone got onboard with their bullshit and, yet again, the fans were sold a bill-o-goods. I'd love to be talking X's and O's. Hell, I'd be happy if we were even losing competitively. But we're not. Outside of going out and getting Rodgers, right or wrong, they have done NOTHING in 3 years except shovel bullshit and take our money. We're getting mud-stomped way too often.

There I go again! Caught myself. I'll do better, Stinky. If I feel my blood pressure rising I'll just stop typing for a while. I will close with, I'm kind of thankful that Trevor is starting. This was the last game on the schedule where they could mind-fuck us with a possible win. With TS behind center we should be a lock to lose.

ouchy and Since1969 like this.