Accountability

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NJJets, Nov 20, 2022.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

How is he not getting a fair shot? He has decent TEs, average Rb (above when Hall was healthy), really good supporting cast of receivers. He has been given all he needs to succeed and he still isnt cutting it. Any other QB not drafted in the top 5 would of been benched by now. His status is the only thing keeping him the starter right now and its not fair to the rest of the team that is held to a much higher standard.

Jets81, tomdeb and James Hasty like this.
  2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Zach has been getting curt with the beat when they question him now after a bad performance. That comment "I don't believe anyone outside this building knows what they are talking about" was worded aggressively and was a reaction to another question he didn't like.

3. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Sam had far fewer weapons and a weak offensive line yet we dumped him for golden boy despite a decent second year.

Of course we let his favorite target walk in free agency before things fell apart in year three.

4. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Let's be honest about this....

Ask yourself how many other drafted and discarded QB's of the Jets past could have won that game yesterday? Hackenberg? Petty? Greg McElroy? Tajh Boyd?

I think any one of those players could have put on a better performance yesterday. They would have at least seen the field and hit a few wide open receivers. Zach can't see the field and he's unwilling to accept responsibility. So as far as I'm concerned, I want him gone. I'm officially done with Zach.....

tomdeb and James Hasty like this.
  5. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

And if Saleh rolls the dice the remaining of the year With Zach and he stinks and still can't hit 2 yard passes and we don't make the playoffs and waste this elite defense, I want Saleh gone to. His stubborness may cost us the playoffs this year and possibly the superbowl! Any other coach thats not dellusional woulda pulled Zach yesterday!

papapump likes this.
  6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Hes only 6 games into the season and lost Hall for half of that. 19 games into his career. This was suppose to be trying to develop Zach but the defense turned into something special. Now all eyes are on him when half the fan base already was trying to run him out the door even before the season lol. Remember the Streveler posts, the Mike White posts and callings? This same fanbase was surely thinking the Jets were winning in spite of Zach. Now two bad losses and everyone is literally wanting to jump ship. This has been a week to week process not a progression in hopes to see him develop. Of course he hasn’t helped his cause with two crappy performances against the Pats in winnable games but trying to develop a QB with this in mind will never ever work here. So just bring in a vet, Jet fans don’t have the patience.

7. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

No. Trevor Lawrence is not playing like a world beater but he’s showing that he can play. Fields is showing he can play and have success. Mac Jones is showing he can play and have success. Zach has made no progress. None. His mental game is understandably behind because the speed of the game is a major adjustment, yet he’s done nothing to make sure what is under control has been on point. Set your feet and throw, don’t throw lazy sidearm passes for no reason. Makes sure everything leading up to the decision to make a throw is fucking on point. His lazy attitude towards his mechanics screams out that he doesn’t care as much as an NFL player needs to care. He’s not putting in the work that an NFL QB needs to put in. I mean, wtf did this kid do during the bye? It looks like he hadn’t seen a football for 2 weeks. Was he fucking around during his week off? Was he working with a trainer? He’s the QB of a NY football team and he’s not nearly good enough for the blessings he has received. Every waking moment of his life should be dedicated to improvement in every facet. What he is producing out there is proof positive that he’s not working hard enough.

8. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Another rough week, I felt for that defense. They are so special and I refuse to let absolute garbage quarterbacking ruin my team in the 2nd half of the season. Saleh has to discuss contingency plans with team.

I hate Wilson took no accountability, and Saleh didn't push a QB change after that putrid performance moving forward. Forget that game

9. george sakell

george sakell Well-Known Member

And they are doing it with far less talent with their receivers not begging for the 1st ticket out of town. Zack is sorrounded by 3 if not 4 legit receivers and still can't throw over 100 yards in a game.

tomdeb likes this.
  10. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Gifted him a starting job is right. He hasn't had to work for one damn thing with the jets. Why is he a captain? He hasn't shown squat! In addition to his refusing to take blame yesterday, did anyone check out his entire press session?
    He very calmly spread the blame around, mostly to others, and did not show one bit of anger, disappointment, or accountability for the team's 2 yards from scrimmage the second half. He acted like he had bought a lottery ticket and lost, in other words, no big deal.

Since1969, James Hasty and Cman68 like this.
  11. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Everything in this kid’s life has been gifted to him. He’s a spoiled entitled kid and if the lazy don’t care mechanics at this point of his career doesn’t prove that, if the fact that he’s shown no appreciative improvement mechanically or in football intelligence doesn’t prove that. then the fact that he can stand there with a reporter straight faced and say that he doesn’t feel like he let his team down after that atrocity last night yesterday should prove it to you.

tomdeb likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Ouch. Speaking of accountability.

stinkyB likes this.
  13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Imagine how much more hate he’d get if the defense was just average and they had a losing record. If anything the defense/record has bought him time via the “he’s 4-2 as a starter” nonsense.

14. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

It hurts more because he’s shat the bed against the Pats. I think that doesn’t help. Accountability is the other part, then sprinkle in the defense playing great…