ACC vs. Big East

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Rambo13, Jul 25, 2006.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

They used an AP story! that's not covering it.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Yes it is, they ran it, didn't they? It was an announcment, there wasn't a press conference that I'm aware of, just a statement released by the coach and the school. I guess a team of reporters needed to be there to mean RU is in the NY market? Please.

3. nyjunc

If it's a big story then they are having their writers write multiple articles they are not using AP stories. YOU said RU has a beat reporter, wouldn't a beat reporter write about such a big story for RU?

4. Italian Seafood

You obviously don't understand the economics of running a newspaper so there's no point in trying to explain it to you. How big a story is it? Basically an announcement that there is no story, the Post ran it because Rutgers is a local team--as much as you want to kick and scream that they aren't, they are. The end.

5. nyjunc

I don't get it:rofl2: You claim RU is big news in NY and that they have a beat reporter. I don't think you know what a beat reporter is but that's another story, this is the biggest news of the year from RU outside of the UL win and their beat reporter isn't there to cover it? He's not there to write a story about it? they have to use an AP story? Come on IS I KNOW you are smarter than that. You can't possibly believe what you are typing.

Today in the posts there is a story from a popst writer about Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno receiving an award. wouldn't the economics of running a newspaper force them run an AP story about such an event? Think about that. They ran a story about 2 coaches who are nowhere near NY and the story is meaningless yet the "NY team" that has a "beat reporter" covering them doesn't have a Post written article about the 2nd biggest news out of RU all year. You really need to give this one up.
    "

6. Italian Seafood

For one thing, you're misrepresenting what I said. I said Rutgers is in the NY market and covered by the NY media and they clearly are. I didn't ever say they are the top story above 2 NFL teams, 2 MLB teams, 3 NHL teams, 2 NBA teams, etc. How you want to define a beat reporter is up to you, you want to call them staff writers, whatever. The point is they cover Rutgers with their own staff, I've shown you many links to prove this.

The event with Bowden and Paterno was in the city, therefore it makes sense. More sense than sending a writer out to Jersey to pursue a story that came over the AP wire with nothing else that needed to be added to it. There was no press conference, no event to cover, just an announcement that they already had. There's a lot to cover in the NY market and only so much time, personnel and budget to do it. I worked in the newspaper industry for eight years, I know what I'm talking about. You, on the other hand, are grasping at straws. Now any non-Rutgers story is proof that you are right? Ok.

7. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Get used to it. He does it often.

By the way, junc, how did you like Wisconsin beating Arkansas in a bowl? I told you Wisconsin was good (see post 162 and some other posts in that area of the thread).

#207 Cakes, Jan 20, 2007
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2007
  8. nyjunc

pay attention, he said RU was going to be big in NY and that will never happen. The facts were Wisconsin didn't have a quality win all year they did so in a bowl game, I said all along the Big 10 stunk and the top 2 teams getting thrashed pretty much proved that but thanks for trying!

9. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Earth to junc. Earth to junc. I don't give enough of a rat's ass to throw my two cents into your argument with Italian Seafood. I was simply commenting on a specific sentence Italian Seafood wrote. Nothing less, nothing more. What is so fuckin' hard to figure out about that? Must you twist around every little simple thing?

No, thank you for trying. You said Wisconsin was overrated. I stated many months ago that they are actually a quality team. They proved it by defeating Arkansas. The Razorbacks were a big team this past season and came very close to winning the SEC, which is the conference you feel is the best one in the country.

10. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

you guys need your own thread in the trashtalking section.

11. nyjunc

Keep your nose out of other conversations unless you have something constructive to add.

I still think Wisconsion was overrated, 1 good win doesn't change that.

12. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

Who the f*%& are you?

Wow.