ACC vs. Big East

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Rambo13, Jul 25, 2006.

1. nyjunc

nyjunc 2008 TGG Bryan Cox "Most Argumentative" Award Winn

Possibly the best BE team, Georgetown, lost at HOME to Old Dominion.

2. Italian Seafood

Italian Seafood New Member

Once again, junc, it's Tuesday, what is your point? Every team doesn't have an article every day, especially when they play once a week. The Devils are in a layoff and they haven't had an article in days because there is no news. Still you're arguing for the sake of arguing. You have no point here.

3. Italian Seafood

Does that elevate St. John's to "middle of the pack" status then?

4. nyjunc

Check the Mich newspapers I bet they have articles about UM, check the LA papers I bet they have articles about USC and UCLA, check any div 1 teams home areas and they have articles about them every day. Carolina stinks and every singled day ther are 5-6 articles in various NC newspapers.

5. nyjunc

The BE coaches and media picked them for mid of the pack, this is year 3 under Norm Roberts and they are supposed to be decent by now.

6. Italian Seafood

Because there's so much going on in North Carolina. Seriously, junc, if Rutgers was never in the NY papers you'd have a case, but you don't. I prove you wrong each week and it doesn't get through your head.

7. Italian Seafood

That doesn't mean they are. A lot of people had the Jets pegged for the Super Bowl last year, Ty Law being the last missing piece. Until it happens in reality it isn't the case, no matter who thinks it should be.

#187 Italian Seafood, Nov 21, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 21, 2006
  8. nyjunc

Today RU "Beat Reporter" brian lewis has an article about UNC basketball- why isn't he writing about RU?

http://www.nypost.com/seven/11222006/sports/heels_wary_of_gonzaga_sports_brian_lewis.htm

2 decent ACC and BE teams played last night and thankfully Marquette beat duke who was ranked way too high at #8.

9. Italian Seafood

Just drop it man, I'm tired of trying to explain it to you and you refuse to listen. I never claimed they hired a guy just for Rutgers football, I said they cover them because they are part of the NY market and they are.

I saw the end of Marquette-Duke. You know I spend too much time here when I watched the end of the game thinking "I wonder how junc will spin this in the Big East thread." Maybe I should leave, nobody needs nyjunc creeping into their thoughts late at night.

10. nyjunc

You claim they are a part of NY sports, you calim they have a beat reporter in the Post- if they did they'd have articles every day.

Anyway, I am thrilled marquette beat duke just as I was when GU beat them last year. BC is about to lose to providence(BC is playing terrible) but overall the BE has been bad this season. Click the link for an article from foxsports.com:

http://msn.foxsports.com/cbk/story/6191640

11. Italian Seafood

If there's no news there's no article.

By the way, nice UNC-Gonzaga game. :up:

12. nyjunc

Every other halfway big time program has daily coverage. The RU talk has died very quickly after the loss to Cincy.

The heels played poorly and Gonzaga played well, Gonzaga deserved the win.

13. nyjunc

Rutgers "Beat Reporter" brian lewis omce again has an article about the Heels(plus an article about the UT-BU game) but no articles about Rutgers?:eek:hmy:

14. Italian Seafood

UNC played at the Garden, not a hard one to figure out. I never said there was one beat reporter assigned to only Rutgers, but they do cover the games with one, not always the same one. But you knew that, you just want to be a dick.

Of course the talk died down when RU lost, they no longer have even an outside shot at the title game. It still doesn't change the fact that they are the only real D-1 football program in the NY metro area, which was the whole discussion, regardless of which writer the Post sends to the game. You're just splitting hairs because you can't admit you are wrong.

15. Italian Seafood

On the Big East-ACC topic, from the Old Spice Tourney in Orlando, a loss for Virginia Tech, a win for West Virginia. And a win for my alma mater, Marist, proudly hailing from the MAAC.

16. nyjunc

Rutgers has a huge news story that Schiano is staying for now and where is the Post RU beat reporter? I don't know but they ran an AP story about schiano staying. Ru fever has captivated NY.

17. Italian Seafood

Yeah, sorry they didn't have a writer hanging around campus to cover an announcement that nobody knew was coming or when. Maybe you missed two writers covering this weekend's game, including Mike Vaccaro, their featured columnist.

18. nyjunc

You don't physically have to be at the PC to write a story. other papers ahd the story but it's not big news in NY and RU will never be big here. the examples keep on coming.

19. Cakes

Cakes Mr. Knowledge 2010

I'm so sick of this stuff. Now Rodriguez has talked to Alabama. It seems inevitable both Schiano and Rodriguez will leave their current schools. It is more of a money issue with Rodriguez, but I think coachin' an SEC team has something to do with it.
    As for Schiano, so much for Rutgers maybe someday being a consistent winner. Schiano will leave within the next couple years and Rutgers will probably go back to sucking.

20. Italian Seafood

They still covered it, why do you continue to split hairs over this? Every media outlet in NY covers Rutgers, obviously the better they are the bigger the games and more coverage. There were no Devils articles in the Post the past couple days because they didn't play either, so are they no longer part of the NY market?

This whole thing began because you were convinced Schiano would leave for Miami and we said he'd stay because the NY/NJ market is a draw, and we were right. Over analyzing where each story comes from is kind of pointless at this stage of the game, you were wrong. He's staying.