Absolute and total disgrace

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by baghead, Dec 20, 2009.

1. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 21018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I had tamales for breakfast this morning.

2. Section 227. Row 5

Section 227. Row 5 Active Member

3. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

Actually, if you want to point to the singular play that cost us the game, it was on Brad Smiths long Kick off return to start the third quarter.

As Smith is driving through the pile, Woodhead is stand still looking around, had he kept playing, and blocked number 20 on Atl. Smith scores 6.

As Smith is breaking out Wallace Wright seals off the kicker, and 20 basically walks past Woodhead and makes the TD saving tackle....

Brad had 60 yards of open green in front of him.

Seeing it in Slo mo today is sickening. I love Danny, but they need to get him off ST.

4. concussion80

concussion80 New Member

When half your fans are from LI and they are buried under 2.5 ft of snow and you still refuse to move the game to 4pm, that kind of thing will happen.

Let's face it. Jersey and upstate NY fans are a small pct of our current fan base. Blaming the fans for not being there yesterday is flat out retarded. LIRR was unusable, people were not even plowed out of their towns by 11am.

5. abyzmul

Yes, his STs blocking was unsurprisingly bad. I don't like him on STs at all.

On offense, I actually think he could be a pretty effective weapon in certain situations - screens in particular. And Sanchez made a nice pass (I think to Cotchery) that would not have happened without an excellent block in the backfield by Woodhead. I like to bash the guy because I know it pisses some people off, but Woodhead definitely seems to have something to offer at the pro level.

6. RowOneJetFan

RowOneJetFan Guest

Don't forget LIRR had lots of delays Sunday Morning and not all of us have parking permits.

7. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

I think his blocking in the backfield sucks too.

Just make him a slot receiver and be done with it.

8. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Sanchez throws more often into double/triple coverage than any QB I've ever seen--they must not teach the check down to your second receiver at USC (or in New York).

9. abyzmul

This is Schotty's deal. It's why he loves H-backs so much, and why he likes the gimmick plays. Players that can motion to multiple positions effectively to confuse the defensive coverage.

10. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Funny I had the same reaction to the Brad Smith play. The people around me thought I was nuts. Special teams is supposed to be balls out and I was like WTF, no way Woodhead should allow the guy to make a tackle like that. He let up. Just another example of crappy ST play last night.....

On that note Woodhead made a great block on one of Sanchez's passing plays at the end of the 2nd half. I saw the blitzer coming around the end and Woodhead made a nice block, credit where it's due. I still do not think he is very good.

11. AbdulSalam

AbdulSalam New Member

he isn't very good. he is a fkn rookie. Sanchez isn't very good either. he's a fkn rookie.